• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Have a new idea for host packets? Looking for feedback!

D
drammerbuhoy
OK- I had a new idea for host packets! I am always trying to stay on the ball to get them out and honestly, they cost money to make and mail... so here is a new remedy I thought of and would love your feedback! 90% of my hosts are super computer saavy and always use my website which I highly encourage. I thought about on my website, on the calednar part, saving the URL for the host packet on Google Docs and pasting it there. Then when the hosts goes to her name, her host packet will pop up for her to print whatever she needs out of it. What do you think? - Cooking Show Planner, Guest list, Specials, Recruiting Special, Outside Order Form- and then just getting them some books... what are yalls thoughts? Too informal? Most people really use my website... and I am trying to be better at updating it, so if I take 5 minutes at the beginning to update it, then it kind of kills 2 birds with one stone... your thoughts would be much appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

Please share more about google docs. I am not familiar with that. I looked but... Details on how you get things on there, etc. Please.

Sure- I have gmail as my email, but you just need to sign up through google. You would then save your docs to the web and you can access them at any computer. I love it because I have a tablet so I can do a doc at home and then reference or email it from my tablet while out... it really helps out! Kinda replaces a jump drive...

But I have a scanner and had planned on scanning everything in per host and then adding to the event description for their party on my calendar...

KCPChef said:
Sure- I have gmail as my email, but you just need to sign up through google. You would then save your docs to the web and you can access them at any computer. I love it because I have a tablet so I can do a doc at home and then reference or email it from my tablet while out... it really helps out! Kinda replaces a jump drive...

But I have a scanner and had planned on scanning everything in per host and then adding to the event description for their party on my calendar...

So... I need details. How do you save the docs to the web? I do have gmail too.

You go to Google, click on Docuemnts and then go to Create New and then add a new collection and title it whatever you want to call it and then upload docs... hope that helps. Ask any questions and I can help you :)
[email protected] if you have any questions.

When I get home I too will be looking at this! Thanks so much!!

ok- So I got a little farther, but now am having some trouble getting my "test" host to be able to open it without a google account... still working on it :) Will post when its all set and ready to go!!!

They don't have to have an account to download something that you've saved for them on 4Shared.com. You can get a free account, or you can opt for a paid account if you are looking to save larger files. For what you are doing, I think the free account would work.

OK! Thanks Sheila!!! I will check into that!!! :)

Another option would be Dashboard.com. I have an account there and have uploaded docs for my team (specialized invites, recipes, host coaching stuff, etc.) and I can choose who gets access to what. All I would have to do is create a file with the host's name and fill it with the documents. Then I drag the file from my Windows Explorer (or desktop) into the Dropbox file on my desktop and it automatically syncs with Dropbox.com. Then I give her access by adding her email to that file. Once you have the host kit file put together, all you'll need to do is update any info in the documents, rename the file, drag and drop and give her access - pretty cool! I have the free account which gives you 200MB free. I uploaded about 100 files and am only using 4%. I can earn more space for my Dropbox.com account if I refer people. I believe those who are referred also get extra space for free! Here is my referral link :
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/KllZzTc

I have a Dropbox account too, completely forgot about it! LOL

I'm a bit confused as to why all of the work and effort with google docs and/or dashboard. All of the info, short of the OOF, is on our websites... so why not just our websites? That's all I use... I walk them through everything on there when we are on the phone together. If they are computer savvy, our websites are enough, no?

finley1991 said:
I'm a bit confused as to why all of the work and effort with google docs and/or dashboard. All of the info, short of the OOF, is on our websites... so why not just our websites? That's all I use... I walk them through everything on there when we are on the phone together. If they are computer savvy, our websites are enough, no?

Exactly what I was thinking, Colleen. And the OOF is easy enough to email as an attachment.

I don't like the OOF HO provides. I guess putting together a Host Kit File doesn't seem like extra work. And, when I personalize it I think it makes the host feel important. And, if they need to find something when I'm not on the phone with them, all the info they need is in that file. Finding things on our websites has become difficult, IMO.

1. What is the new idea for host packets?

The new idea for host packets is to save the URL for the host packet on Google Docs and paste it on the calendar part of the website. This way, hosts can easily access and print out the necessary documents.

2. How will this new idea save money?

This new idea will save money by eliminating the need to physically create and mail host packets. By using Google Docs, the cost of materials and postage will be significantly reduced.

3. Is this new idea too informal?

No, this new idea is not too informal. In fact, it is more convenient and efficient for hosts as they can access the necessary documents online at any time.

4. What documents will be included in the host packet?

The host packet will include a cooking show planner, guest list, specials, recruiting special, outside order form, and information on getting additional books.

5. How will updating the website benefit the host packets?

Updating the website will benefit the host packets by keeping the information current and easily accessible for hosts. It also saves time as the website can be updated in just 5 minutes, instead of manually creating and printing host packets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies