• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Accidental Home Security System Wake-Up Call!

In summary, an "Accidental Home Security System Wake-Up Call!" is when your home security system is triggered accidentally, causing a false alarm. To prevent this, ensure proper installation and placement of sensors, train family members and pets, and perform regular maintenance. If an accidental wake-up call occurs, check the cause and deactivate the alarm if it was a false alarm. You can also adjust the sensitivity of the system, but be cautious as it may affect its effectiveness. It is recommended to test your home security system at least once a month to prevent false alarms.
amy07
We just had a home security system installed a few weeks ago. And this morning when I left, i thought I was doing a good thing by re-activating the alarm. Except that I put in "away" vs. "stay" so all of the motion sensors inside the house were activated. Not really a problem, until one of the kiddos got up to use the potty! Oooops!
Needless to say, everyone got a nice wake-up call!:eek:

LOL - ooops!

I bet it did make a pretty good alarm clock!

Did that once and a birthday balloon that was deflating set off the alarm while we were on vacation. The police were not amused.

TammyStar said:
Did that once and a birthday balloon that was deflating set off the alarm while we were on vacation. The police were not amused.

Get Out!! :D

That is hilarious!

We just had one installed in August, and I am still getting used to it. But I have only had one OOPS time. And I have no kids---just me hubby and cat.

TammyStar said:

Yes, definitely beware of helium balloons and alarm systems! That happened at my offices grand opening. We had balloons and in the night when the air came on the balloons started floating around. oops!

Related to Accidental Home Security System Wake-Up Call!

1. What is an "Accidental Home Security System Wake-Up Call!"?

An "Accidental Home Security System Wake-Up Call!" is when your home security system is triggered accidentally, either by a family member, a pet, or a false alarm. This can cause your alarm to go off, alerting you and your neighbors of a potential break-in or intruder.

2. How can I prevent accidental wake-up calls from my home security system?

There are a few steps you can take to prevent accidental wake-up calls. First, make sure your system is properly installed and all sensors are placed in the correct locations. You can also train your family members and pets to avoid triggering the system. Additionally, regular maintenance and battery checks can help prevent false alarms.

3. What should I do if my home security system has an accidental wake-up call?

If your home security system has an accidental wake-up call, first check if it was triggered by a family member or pet. If it was a false alarm, you can quickly deactivate the alarm by entering your code. If you are unsure of the cause or if you suspect an intruder, call the police immediately.

4. Can I adjust the sensitivity of my home security system to prevent false alarms?

Yes, most home security systems allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the sensors. This can help prevent false alarms caused by small movements or pets. However, be cautious when adjusting the sensitivity as it may also make the system less effective in detecting real threats.

5. How often should I test my home security system to prevent false alarms?

It is recommended to test your home security system at least once a month to ensure it is functioning properly. This can help prevent false alarms and also give you peace of mind knowing that your system is in good working condition. You can also contact your home security provider for more specific guidelines on testing frequency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janetupnorth