• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Few Small Requests: Updates on Work Changes and Personal Challenges

In summary, Janet has to re-certify her lifeguarding certification and is co-teaching a course for the first time. She woke up on Monday with shoulder pain and it has been getting worse. She used a lot of Flexall and today it hurt so much she couldn't do anything. She is still having to go through 2 days. She is asking for prayers for her and for the department.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So I'm off work for a few days...which is nice because there were just a LOT of changes at work.

Part of our MIS Department got separated from us and under another person - many unspoken prayer requests due to that issue.

A person going through a lot of personal issues and I thought was a potential recruit lead - talked to her a few times - got fired yesterday...due to something she did. Needless to say she may not be a viable recruit lead now... That happened right before I left work for the day and of course that fires people up and makes them nervous.

My boss is out until the 17th!!!! (He works June 6th only but I am off!) So, many major things happening with no communication with him!

Anyway, my main one is not only am I re-certifying my lifeguarding over the next few days but I am also co-teaching the course for the first time. Normally not an issue except pure exhaustion keeping up with about twenty 16-18 year olds (average age). However, on Monday morning I woke up with bad shoulder pain - rotator cuff. Also I'm having muscle spasms near my right shoulder blade.

It hurt Monday all day then loosened up at night and I played softball with no pain or issues, then woke up Tuesday with pain all day and night. I used a ton of Flexall since I couldn't find my BioFreeze.

Today, I did my swim test, dive for the brick, etc. Overall I feel o.k. then suddenly I get extreme pain. (Very similar to what happened 16 years ago to me during spring training for fastpitch softball in college when I had to have cortisone in it.)

I still have 2 days to go!

So, pray that I am wise in my effort and motions and can get through this without any further damage to it!!!! I don't have time to redo my certification portion and I really need to be functional to teach skills and lecture not just lecture.

Thanks in advance guys!!!!

I'll be praying for the situations you've mentioned as well as your physical comfort and stamina during the training.

Thanks Rae!The situations luckily don't affect me directly, but affect my department and co-workers.I am fortunate to be a "department of one" within the MIS department. Hopefully that won't change! :)

That's good, Janet. Of course, that means when something goes wrong you can't blame the others in the department. ;)

janetupnorth said:
So I'm off work for a few days...which is nice because there were just a LOT of changes at work.

Part of our MIS Department got separated from us and under another person - many unspoken prayer requests due to that issue.

A person going through a lot of personal issues and I thought was a potential recruit lead - talked to her a few times - got fired yesterday...due to something she did. Needless to say she may not be a viable recruit lead now... That happened right before I left work for the day and of course that fires people up and makes them nervous.

My boss is out until the 17th!!!! (He works June 6th only but I am off!) So, many major things happening with no communication with him!

Anyway, my main one is not only am I re-certifying my lifeguarding over the next few days but I am also co-teaching the course for the first time. Normally not an issue except pure exhaustion keeping up with about twenty 16-18 year olds (average age). However, on Monday morning I woke up with bad shoulder pain - rotator cuff. Also I'm having muscle spasms near my right shoulder blade.

It hurt Monday all day then loosened up at night and I played softball with no pain or issues, then woke up Tuesday with pain all day and night. I used a ton of Flexall since I couldn't find my BioFreeze.

Today, I did my swim test, dive for the brick, etc. Overall I feel o.k. then suddenly I get extreme pain. (Very similar to what happened 16 years ago to me during spring training for fastpitch softball in college when I had to have cortisone in it.)

I still have 2 days to go!

So, pray that I am wise in my effort and motions and can get through this without any further damage to it!!!! I don't have time to redo my certification portion and I really need to be functional to teach skills and lecture not just lecture.

Thanks in advance guys!!!!

Janet I will keep you in my prayers and will lift up all your requests in prayer as well.

Janet...I hope you do well and that God touches your shoulder and muscles...as well as gives you the strength and stamina to get through these days!

I will also lift up the others in prayer too...

Lots of prayers coming your way Janet...

:( Well, I went to the chiropractor this a.m. My rotator cuff is in pretty bad shape right now. He (Chiro) worked on a lot of pressure points and release for it . I have to use a ton of ice, try to stay off the computer (oops - I told him I'd only go on for max of 1/2 hour a day until Monday), go back on Monday and behave myself.I behaved today and didn't get in the water. DH and the other instructor did in-water skills and I evaluated the backboarding from the deck which is a better view anyway.Hard for me to accept though that I couldn't do the skills test myself today and could only teach (I need to demonstrate the skills to properly upgrade my certification). Please keep praying that it will heal quickly. The chiropractor gave me a warnings about all I have been doing (softball, etc.) and warned me that it won't go away quickly... :(I had problems 16 years ago and have felt great since then! I didn't expect this to pop up this year!!!! It is very hard for me NOT to do something!

Hmmm, I missed this thread until now!

I'll be adding my prayers to the others for you Janet!

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, I missed this thread until now!

I'll be adding my prayers to the others for you Janet!

Thanks...

Today more than anything my ego was hurt! To have to tell DH that I couldn't test (or shouldn't test). I had to walk away from the pool when we were cleaning up...I actually wanted to cry! Partially because I was in pain and partially because I had to say I couldn't do something I love and wanted to finish today! I took off 3 days to co-teach and finish my certification too!

Janet I'm so sorry you had a rough day! You do so much for other people and for your famiy- try to just take a rest and listen to your body. I know you know that it's best to listen to our bodies when they tell us to slow down. It just stinks that you have to. I'll pray for strength for you, healing for your shoulder and for peace over not being able to do something.

Sorry to hear this Janet, sending prayers your way. I sort of know what you are going through, I've got rotator cuff issues with my right shoulder now too. I really need to make a Dr. appointment and get into therapy before it gets really bad, but I keep procrastinating (and taking tylenol and advil). I thought my shoulder pain was related to my carpel tunnel, but alas, it is not :(

Related to A Few Small Requests: Updates on Work Changes and Personal Challenges

1. What is "aFew Small Requests..."?

"aFew Small Requests..." is a collection of kitchen and cooking tools designed to make meal prep and cooking easier and more efficient.

2. What types of products are included in "aFew Small Requests..."?

The collection includes items such as measuring cups and spoons, vegetable peelers, citrus juicers, and spatulas.

3. Are the products in "aFew Small Requests..." dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the products in "aFew Small Requests..." are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can I purchase the products individually or do I have to buy the whole collection?

You can purchase the products individually or as a set. We recommend buying the whole collection for a complete and cohesive kitchen tool set.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts available for "aFew Small Requests..."?

At Pampered Chef, we regularly offer promotions and discounts on our products. Be sure to check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for current offers on "aFew Small Requests..."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies