• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Low-Carb Brunch Recipe: Can It Be Oven-Baked?

In summary, you cannot use regular flour instead of almond flour in this recipe as it is specifically designed to be low-carb. However, you can substitute heavy cream with lighter alternatives such as almond milk or coconut milk, though the texture and taste may vary slightly. This recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven, but make sure to cover it with foil to prevent it from drying out. Additionally, you can add any low-carb vegetables of your choice, such as bell peppers, spinach, or mushrooms. This recipe can also be frozen and reheated, but make sure to tightly wrap it with foil or plastic wrap before freezing.
masterschef
Has anyone ever made this? It's on a use and care card, maybe the one for the 7-piece cookware set?

I'm doing a show on Sunday morning and I know there will be two South Beach dieters and one Jenny Craig. I wanted to make something low carb and brunch-like. I liked the looks of this recipe, but I'd rather finish it in the oven, like a frittata. Do you think that would work? I don't really have time to try it ahead of time. I was going to make the Green Chile Frittata, but it has tortilla chips in it. Could those be omitted?

Also, any suggestions for a secondary recipe to go with this? Preferably something in a piece of stoneware that's on special next month. All I have for Sept is one catalog show.

I don't know anything about those diets - I am diet-clueless - LOL But it sure sounds yummy!

brunch recipei just made this for a brunch show - it was very yummy!!! everybody loved it. i used the 12' family skillet though and made it with 12 eggs and a few extra of the rest of the recipe - not quite doubled - just a bit more to fill up the bigger pan.

1. Can I use regular flour instead of almond flour in this recipe?

No, this recipe specifically calls for almond flour to keep it low-carb. Using regular flour will significantly increase the carb content.

2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter alternative?

Yes, you can use a lighter alternative such as almond milk or coconut milk. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven. Just be sure to cover it with foil to prevent it from drying out.

4. Can I add different vegetables to this recipe?

Absolutely! You can add any vegetables of your choice, as long as they are low-carb. Some great options include bell peppers, spinach, and mushrooms.

5. Can I freeze this recipe?

Yes, this recipe can be frozen before or after baking. Just be sure to wrap it tightly with foil or plastic wrap and thaw before reheating in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • aPamperedBride
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
Replies
Views
lt1jane