• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Working at Home Ft With Pampered Chef With Toddlers

In summary, Heather feels overwhelmed with her business and asks for advice on how to deal with the "paperwork" aspect of her business. She also suggests Power Hours to set boundaries and get more done in a day.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
I could really use any advise which you all have regarding getting the 'paperwork' aspect of our business done, all the while, enjoying motherhood and being home with toddlers.

My daughter is 3 1/2 (and I'm having baby # 2 in 7 wks)..and I already feel consumed with PC..and just not sure how to get it all done, plus feel I'm spending quality time during the day with my daughter.

I could really use some tips as I'm getting overwhelmed.

I cannot give any adice, but I feel your pain, Heather!
I could use tips, too!
I have a 5 year old and a 2 yr old and I am ALL OVER THE PLACE.
I could use some organizational skills in a big way!!

We should start a club!

I just sat down to take a break, but I have been going in 10 different directions all day - nothing gets finished, because I keep getting interrupted by something else that needs to be done, and then my little guy needs attention, and then the phone rings.....CRAZINESS!

Sorry, I am of no help, but looking for some Moms that have some great methods that they have actually tried. I feel bad trying to coach consultants with these issues that I have never had to deal with.

One that would work is hiring a neighborhood child that likes to play with the kids, but mature enough to keep them safe and watch them in the house (perhaps with baby sitting training). They can distract the kids for a long amount of time so you can follow through on at least one thought. My hats are off to you ladies!!

Well I have a 6yr and 3.5yo and they know that when I'm on the phone they need to be quiet. Doesn't always happen that way but my customers know that I have kids and kids are not perfect. I take about an hour each morning, after my son goes to school (Aug-1st of June) and I still take that same hour now that he's home, to do PC stuff. I check email, make calls (if its after 9am), file papers, etc. I also make my list of items I need to pack for a show (If I have one that week). The kids help me pack sometimes.

They know about PC, which are PC products and not, etc. There are times that I have to do other PC stuff during the day or nighttime conference calls, but then a movie or time with dad works.

My DH does homework at night (sometimes & before bed) so the kids know that we both are there for them but they can play quietly or watch a DVRed show before bed. It works out.

So overall, just setting a routine helps. It may change daily but within that routine is time with the kids, kids play quietly, you can work on PC. It may be in the morning, afternoon or evening but you can do it!

What has really helped is talking with my director and setting myself up for success with binders and a great organizational system that I learned from Duska Mills. Now I do about 75% of what she does and then adjusted the rest to my style, but its worked. I have a binder for: bookings, hosts, customers, customer care log, recruiting, super starters, director info(for when I get there!!), flyers/tips/etc, Newsletters, Incentives. I then can just grab a binder and its all there that I need.
I also have a folder (top open) for each host that has the recipe I'll make, my lamented 5 question check out (to use a reference in case I lose my mind), any specials I may be running, etc.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

sorry this is so long and let me know if it doesn't make sense! lol:rolleyes:

Power Hours! That way you can get as much done as you can. Set office hours to work and ask DH if he can "watch" them for an hour while you work. Set a timer and kick butt during that hour. I have started making lists lately of what I need to get done. This helps me remember more and get it done the day it's on the list!

Set office hours.

I have 3 kids, 15, 2 and 1. I have office hours in the evening while Dh takes care of the kids. 5 out of 7 days I can get them to nap at the same time and on those days I can get stuff done in the afternoon vs evening.
I was feeling very overwhelmed too and finding myself staying up until 3 am or going to bed and getting up at 5 am to get stuff done.
I make a list if what has to be done for the week and break it down day by day. I am lucky that I can pay my teen a few bucks to help put together my packets ( that is when he is actually home, but if he needs money or a ride, he is all about helping me:))
I am also in a playgroup and we have a service where we help each other out ( for free) if another mom needs to get stuff done around the house, run errands, go to the Dr. etc.. Obvioulsy it is not to be taken advantage of, but one mom and I will alternate and the time evens out for us so we can both get stuff done without the kids.
I was trying to do too much in one day and I was getting very anxious and stressed. if I have a show, I have my tote packed and ready, I make a list to remind me of anything else I may need to bring. I make my packets ahead of time and try to have them all seperated out by party for that week or month.
Hope that helps :) Good luck, we all know how stressful it can be :)
Raise a glass to us MOMS, we deserve it :)

I have heard a good suggestion for kids that age is to have a basket of special toys that are only available to your kids to play with during your power hour or office hours or whatever... that way they are occupied with the novelty and specialness of the toys.

Good luck -- my kids are pretty good at understanding that I work on the computer, but they still don't get the phone thing -- that if I am talking on the phone, it's important that they don't interrupt!

DebbieJ said:
Set office hours.

amen, amen, amen! when DD ws little (she was 6 months old when I started with PC & is now 8) I would utilize nap time to it's fullest. Then, when it was time to be on the phone, I went to a room with a door I could lock, handed kids off to DH for an hour...and NO MORE THAN THAT! He understood that I had to do this to make the business work for us, meaning that if it didn't, daycare costs would be involved as I would have to work a "real" job.

chefmeg said:
amen, amen, amen! when DD ws little (she was 6 months old when I started with PC & is now 8) I would utilize nap time to it's fullest. Then, when it was time to be on the phone, I went to a room with a door I could lock, handed kids off to DH for an hour...and NO MORE THAN THAT! He understood that I had to do this to make the business work for us, meaning that if it didn't, daycare costs would be involved as I would have to work a "real" job.

AMEN chef meg :) Having supportive family and a supportive DH is key if you are blessed to have it. I am so I am very thankful. Hopefully your DH can help you even an hour a few nights a week and that may relieve some stress.:sing:

I set up a little play table in my office full of paper, sissors, coloring books, play dough etc, things that weren't anywhere else in the house. In fact this is the only place I would allow play dough as it is in the basement with a painted floor!! The only time they could play there when I was working, and only if they were quiet. Sometimes my 7 year old still comes down and draws while I'm working. Illene Meckely talks about training your children to respect your phone time. I believe it involved M&M's ;)

My DS is LOUD - and he doesn't take naps.....and I don't care to have to discipline him all the time for being too loud when I am on the phone. (I admit - he is extremely strong willed!)

I make the calls I need to make - but I just laugh when someone says to set "office hours", and have him play quietly while I work. :D

I will just continue to do the best that I can until he is older......but right now, the only office hours I have are late at night and very early in the morning. I get alot done then, but that doesn't include any kind of phone calling!

Hey Becky - are you sure my son isn't living with you? LOL You described him perfectly.

I've tried to set office hours too, but hasn't worked yet. My problem is that DH travels 3-4 days a week. I could get lots done while DS was in school, but now I'm really struggling. On top of that, I spend one day a week with my granny, so I get nothing done then either. I try to call some of my consultants while I'm driving, but there's so much traffic that I don't feel I'm giving my consultant or my health a fair break by doing that. Usually, I'll listen to training CDs.

So, when someone finds the magical answer, please post it. I need help too!

ChefBeckyD said:
My DS is LOUD - and he doesn't take naps.....and I don't care to have to discipline him all the time for being too loud when I am on the phone. (I admit - he is extremely strong willed!)

I make the calls I need to make - but I just laugh when someone says to set "office hours", and have him play quietly while I work. :D

I will just continue to do the best that I can until he is older......but right now, the only office hours I have are late at night and very early in the morning. I get alot done then, but that doesn't include any kind of phone calling!

holy cow, wonder what it would be like if we got all our kids together?? Mine are 1 and 2 and so loud, plus my teenager has no idea how to be quiet , at all.[ I could never make phone calls while mine are up, plus mine are obsesses with the phone, not play ones, only the real ones, so when they see me on it, they are all over me , knocking each other over to get to the real phone. Gave them one that broke, still didn't work, somehow they knew it was broken! sorry, went off topic for a second. You just have to do what works best for you :)/SIZE]

pamperedlinda said:
Hey Becky - are you sure my son isn't living with you? LOL You described him perfectly.

I've tried to set office hours too, but hasn't worked yet. My problem is that DH travels 3-4 days a week. I could get lots done while DS was in school, but now I'm really struggling. On top of that, I spend one day a week with my granny, so I get nothing done then either. I try to call some of my consultants while I'm driving, but there's so much traffic that I don't feel I'm giving my consultant or my health a fair break by doing that. Usually, I'll listen to training CDs.

So, when someone finds the magical answer, please post it. I need help too!

I don't think there is a magical answer...you just have to find what works for you & your situation, be it loud, non-napping kids, traveling DH or whatever! It has taken some trial & error on our part, but I will say that I wold threaten the kids with having to go to daycare if they couldn't shut their mouths while I was on the phone! DS remembers daycare and would tell DD that "you don't really want to go there". I would tell them, "this is my job. If you can't be quiet while I do my job, then I will have to go back to the old one"! They caught on eventually!

My SIL is a consultant for another ompany and we "Swap" kids one day a week. She takes mine (ages 5, 3, & 3mo.) on Mondays and I take hers (5 & 3) on Thursdays. This gives us a couple hours each week to get the majority of it done and then we can spend less time on it daily.

1. How can I balance working from home with taking care of my toddlers?

One of the best ways to balance working from home with taking care of toddlers is to establish a schedule. Create a routine that works for both you and your children, and try to stick to it as much as possible. This may mean working early in the morning or late at night when your children are sleeping, or finding ways to involve them in your work tasks.

2. Is it possible to be successful at Pampered Chef while also being a stay-at-home parent?

Yes, it is absolutely possible to be successful at Pampered Chef while also being a stay-at-home parent. Many consultants have found success in running their Pampered Chef business from home while taking care of their children. It may require some flexibility and time management, but it is definitely achievable.

3. What resources are available to help me balance working at home with toddlers?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help consultants balance working at home with toddlers. This includes training and support from your upline and fellow consultants, as well as online tools and resources to help you manage your business more efficiently. Additionally, you can connect with other Pampered Chef consultants who are also parents and share tips and advice.

4. How can I involve my toddlers in my Pampered Chef business?

There are many ways to involve your toddlers in your Pampered Chef business. This could include having them help with packaging and labeling products, setting up for parties or events, or even creating fun and engaging social media posts. You can also involve them in tasks like washing fruits and vegetables or mixing ingredients for recipes.

5. How can I manage my time effectively while working at home with toddlers?

One way to manage your time effectively while working at home with toddlers is to prioritize your tasks and set realistic goals for each day. This will help you stay focused and avoid feeling overwhelmed. It's also important to take breaks and make time for your children throughout the day. Remember to be flexible and adapt to unexpected interruptions or changes in your schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • jrny2001
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Shawnna