• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Win at the Salon: Ask Your Sister-in-Law!

In summary, the conversation suggests using a lead box in a salon to try and get sales. There is a suggestion to offer a monthly drawing with a prize of a $20 gift certificate to the salon. The idea is to offer something to thank the business owner for letting the box be there, and to offer a Pampered Chef gift certificate to the winner of the drawing. There is also a suggestion to set up a table on a busy Saturday morning and offer a brunch recipe to generate leads.
nikki70563
Gold Member
I'm thinking of asking my sister-in-law who has a salon to let me put a lead box to try and get sales, etc. Has anyone did this before if so what was your prizes that they could win, etc.?

I think that's a great idea! I think I'll ask a few businesses around town if they would let me put one on their counters for a month at a time and see what happens.

I would offer a "monthly drawing" and you decide what you want to draw for - something you have on hand... runners up can get a free cooking show (you bring paper products, recipe ingredients and send invitations out - they get the people there).

BethCooks4U said:
I think that's a great idea! I think I'll ask a few businesses around town if they would let me put one on their counters for a month at a time and see what happens.

I would offer a "monthly drawing" and you decide what you want to draw for - something you have on hand... runners up can get a free cooking show (you bring paper products, recipe ingredients and send invitations out - they get the people there).

Thanks this is kind of what I have thought about my prize could be $20.00 gift certificate to use on service at her salon that way it would possibly give me business and also her because she would have $20.00 from someone to use. Do you call everyone that enters to tell then they have won a free cooking show?

nikki70563 said:
Thanks this is kind of what I have thought about my prize could be $20.00 gift certificate to use on service at her salon that way it would possibly give me business and also her because she would have $20.00 from someone to use. Do you call everyone that enters to tell then they have won a free cooking show?

Why would you give them a gift certificate for someone else? Well... to thank them for letting you put the box there. Value can be determined by how many leads you get from the box.

Instead why not offer the business owner a discount or free product. And give the person who wins the drawing a Pampered Chef gift certificate (make it up yourself to be redeemed only with you).

No, I do not offer the free cooking show to all who enter. I pick the winner and then some to call to make that offer. I want to do that in a timely manner. Some do not take you up on it so I do keep drawing until I get at least a couple. Then I follow up with the others to see how I can help them. I do offer everyone something extra from me at their show if they do end up booking.

I did at my salon after I tried to "pamper them". I gave away a gift cert that no one ever used and alot of people didn't put e-mail or phone numbers. A gift cert, a cookbook, small bar pan??
Hopefully, you'll have better luck. It is a great idea if people will fill out all the info or even put in a business card of there own. I asked a few other businesses and they wouldn't allow it.
Good luck, hope you get some great leads :)

That is a great idea.

Instead of a lead box, why don't you ask if you can set up a table on a busy Saturday morning, bring a brunch recipe to share, and be available to MEET people. I did that once and got a booking from it.

Related to Win at the Salon: Ask Your Sister-in-Law!

1. How can I make the most out of my salon experience?

The key to a successful salon visit is communication with your stylist. Be sure to communicate your expectations and desired outcome for your hair, as well as any concerns or questions you may have. Trust your stylist's expertise and be open to their suggestions.

2. What should I bring with me to the salon appointment?

It's always a good idea to bring a picture of your desired hairstyle for reference. Additionally, bring any hair products or tools that you use regularly so your stylist can better understand your hair care routine. You may also want to bring a book or magazine to pass the time.

3. How often should I visit the salon for a haircut?

The frequency of haircuts depends on your hair type, length, and desired style. As a general rule, getting a trim every 6-8 weeks helps to maintain healthy hair and prevent split ends. However, your stylist can give you personalized recommendations based on your hair's specific needs.

4. What is the best way to communicate with my stylist?

Before your appointment, consider creating a Pinterest board or saving images of hairstyles you like. This will give your stylist a visual reference of your desired look. During the appointment, be honest and specific about what you want, and don't be afraid to ask questions or provide feedback.

5. Should I tip my stylist?

Tipping is a personal decision, but it is generally recommended to tip your stylist 15-20% of the total service cost. You can also leave a small tip for assistants or shampoo technicians who assist with your appointment. If you are unsure about tipping, you can always ask the salon's policy beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • monica_sweetconsultant
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Becky0216