• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is there a 'film' on my skillet after boiling pasta?

In summary, the people in this conversation believe that the film on top of the water in the Family Skillet might be from the starch in the pasta, and that there are other ways to remove it.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I only have the Family Skillet but I use it for everything! I just started using it for pasta but the last 2 times I used it for pasta, I've noticed a 'film' type thing around the top where the water boiled...it peels off and feels almost like a thin paper or plastic...I'm thinking it has to do with the starch in the pasta, but do you guys have any other ideas?

Winnipegk said:
I only have the Family Skillet but I use it for everything! I just started using it for pasta but the last 2 times I used it for pasta, I've noticed a 'film' type thing around the top where the water boiled...it peels off and feels almost like a thin paper or plastic...I'm thinking it has to do with the starch in the pasta, but do you guys have any other ideas?
That would be my guess, too.

It is starch and if you have trouble getting it all off, vinegar works wonders for it.

Ok great - so I don't have to worry about it being in our food then! Thanks!

Do you salt your water? It could also be salt residue.

Winnipegk said:
Ok great - so I don't have to worry about it being in our food then! Thanks!

Do you have the skimmer? I use it to get the starch off the top, works great. We don't have very good water here and I think if your water isn't great it makes it worse. Then I started to notice that it was leaving marks in the bottom of my pots so I just put some vinegar in them and it took it off.

I don't salt my water, and I don't have a skimmer yet, but it might be worth getting since I won't be getting more cookware for a while.

I always get that 'film' with boiling pasta in my Executive Set. I just assumed it was the starch as well.

I get it all the time as well..I just wash it out & hang it up. ;)

I've gotten it and believe it is starch the same as the others on this post.

Related to Why is there a 'film' on my skillet after boiling pasta?

5 Most Frequently Asked Questions About "Executive Cookware Question"

1. What is the difference between the Executive Cookware and other cookware sets?
The Executive Cookware is made with a higher grade of materials and has a thicker base for better heat distribution and durability. It also comes with a lifetime warranty.

2. Can the Executive Cookware be used on all types of stovetops?
Yes, the Executive Cookware is suitable for use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction.

3. Is the Executive Cookware dishwasher safe?
Yes, the Executive Cookware is dishwasher safe. However, handwashing is recommended to preserve the non-stick coating and extend the lifespan of the cookware.

4. How many pieces are included in the Executive Cookware set?
The Executive Cookware set includes 10 pieces: 2 saucepans, 2 frying pans, a sauté pan, a stockpot, and 4 lids.

5. Is the Executive Cookware oven-safe?
Yes, the Executive Cookware is oven-safe up to 400°F, making it versatile for various cooking methods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
Replies