• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why are prep towels white? Can bleaching ruin them?

In summary, the white towels are super absorbent and clean, but they may not stay that way for long if they are bleached.
slapsappyhappy
Silver Member
Hello,

I just had a question about why the prep towels are white. I received mine today and they are SUPER absorbent and clean but I am wondering how long they will stay nice looking. I never have luck keeping white towels white! do you think bleaching them will ruin them? I guess if it is a prep towel it is meant for work and not display but I am almost afraid to use them, lol!

I bleach all of my white towels, but I really don't know about the bamboo ones.

I am glad you asked this. I DID NOT order these since they were white and I was figuring they most likely would not stay "displayable" for long if I used them!

I asked about using bleach while in the product room at Leadership. They said no problem.

That was actually listed as a plus on the new product video (or CD), that they're bleachable.Offering towels in any color other than white creates a whole new set of issues, starting with, "Why don't you have any that will match my kitchen?" from customers.

Just an FYI on that. I throw all my dirty stuff in a bin for the ride home and I use the towels I bring as cushioning between the DCB and the lid. I made the mexican chicken lasagna and not thinking stuck the bamboo towel in as my cushion. Well, the enchilada sauce stained the lid for my food chopper but the towel is TOTALLY WHITE!! I did not use bleach, didn't realize it was in there, it just washed out :)
They do curl a bit on the ends which is annoying but I can deal

I've been thinking about this a lot tonight, as to why they would be white. I think it's a matter of cleanliness. The white towels look sterile when clean. I look at it as the same as hospitals using all white things. You know they are clean.

Good to know that you can use bleach, I was actually wondering about that too. I am planning on ordering them today.

1. Why are prep towels white?

Our prep towels are white because they are made with 100% cotton, which is absorbent and durable. The white color also allows for easy identification of any stains or spills, making them easier to clean and maintain.

2. Are there any benefits to using white prep towels?

White prep towels are preferred by many chefs and cooks because they do not transfer any dye or color onto food, ensuring the highest level of food safety and hygiene. Additionally, the white color makes it easier to see if the towel needs to be replaced or washed.

3. Can I use colored prep towels instead of white?

While you can certainly use colored prep towels, we recommend using white ones for the reasons mentioned above. Colored towels may transfer dye onto food, and it can be difficult to spot any stains or spills that need to be cleaned up.

4. How do I clean white prep towels?

To clean white prep towels, we recommend using hot water and a mild detergent. You can also add a small amount of bleach, if desired. Make sure to wash them separately from other colored items to prevent any dye transfer. Hang or tumble dry on low heat for best results.

5. Are white prep towels more expensive than colored ones?

No, the price of our prep towels is not affected by the color. They are all priced the same, regardless of whether they are white or colored. We want to provide our customers with the best quality products at an affordable price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
  • rennea
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
rennea
  • krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies