• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who is Name-Calling and Bashing on the Missing Baby Update?

In summary, A military brat with experience with post-partum depression was found dead in the attic of her home with a trash bag over her head. The father returned home from Iraq and is suspected of being involved in the cover-up.
pamperedape
It's horrid. http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/front

She was found in the attic. In a trash bag. TRASH bag, like she was common garbage.

My heart is so heavy.

Last edited:
OMG< that is just horrible!! I can not even fathom this!!

Very sad! She died a few weeks ago!!!!

Probably SIDS and a very distraught mother without support of anyone while her husband was gone... :(

Ok, but the Dad was in on the cover-up then...came home from Iraq...the first thing I'd want to see is my baby!!!!

That is just so sad. I cant even imagine

janetupnorth said:
Ok, but the Dad was in on the cover-up then...came home from Iraq...the first thing I'd want to see is my baby!!!!

Dad came home Friday morning and Mom reported kid missing 11:30 Friday morning. I wonder when Dad actually made it home...

cmdtrgd said:
Dad came home Friday morning and Mom reported kid missing 11:30 Friday morning. I wonder when Dad actually made it home...

Yeah, I see that in this article - the first article stated that he came home at 11:00 p.m. and that she wasn't reported missing until 11:30 a.m. ...but yeah, who am I to actually believe the media...

Pray. pray for mom, for dad, for any other kids, pray. We adopted two from an eerily similar situation. There is much you don't know as an oustider looking in:

A reason for no more photos, is there is no money. There is a lot going on in this family's life right now, affected more by media attention. Pray.

How horrible! I will be praying for this family!

My heart hurts! Poor baby...

I was so afraid of this when I first heard of this story. It sounded too much like the Trenton Duckett case with the screen etc.. So sad. It breaks my heart when I hear stuff like this.

Omg. That just hurts so badly to hear.

Oh how horrible. I will pray for the family!

OH how horribly sad. Scott, thanks for bringing it back to reality again...you are right - there is likely so much more that we don't know.

I think half the time the media really turns things upside down for people. It all just does not make sense. :(

scottcooks said:
A reason for no more photos, is there is no money. There is a lot going on in this family's life right now, affected more by media attention. Pray.

That thought crossed my mind yesterday.
I'm sure this mom has more than she could handle herself while DH was in Iraq and possibly didn't know where to go and what to do... Sad... :(

Actually, she is FROM here with some of her family living right IN the house. Even if she was from the furthest point from here with no family, that wouldn't be any excuse. My very best friends are military wives who practically raise their children with no help whatsoever.

I'm sorry - I have NO sympathy for her.

Wouldn't her family have to be in on the cover-up then? If she had been missing for a couple weeks - they would have had to have known.

Well, when the baby's grandfather was on the very first newscast both DH and I felt as if he wasn't acting like a grandfather of a newly missing baby would be acting. Everyone here was thinking that he seemed too calm.

How sad. My heart really goes out to the dad... just returned from Iraq, and I'm sure he was so anxious to see his baby girl. I talked to my husband about this, and he said he would be completely and utterly devastated if that were to happen to him. Seeing family is the first thing you want to do when you get back home... and this guy came home to this.

Prayers being said for the entire family.

pamperedape said:
Actually, she is FROM here with some of her family living right IN the house. Even if she was from the furthest point from here with no family, that wouldn't be any excuse. My very best friends are military wives who practically raise their children with no help whatsoever.

I'm sorry - I have NO sympathy for her.

You know, she was 25 y/o with 4 children under the age of 5. Post-partum depression, regular depression, who knows what was going on in her head. Like many things, some people can handle it easily, others need a lot of help, with a large spectrum in between.

My credentials? A Military Brat. I saw and experienced what happens to families when the sponser (active military person) was overseas for long time. You NEVER know what is going on in a family, much less a military family.

Robin

Too many MURDERING mothers are patted on the head and excused because of "depression". The bottom line - she put her dead child in the attic. For weeks. She MAY have even MURDERED her. We don't know that yet. We do know one thing - her baby girl didn't deserve to be treated like yesterday's trash. For weeks that baby lay up there rotting. Exactly - there WERE other children in the house. How screwed up are they going to be now? I will never accept depression as any sort of excuse or reason to do something like this to someone. Perhaps THAT is why these horrific crimes keep happening. "Insanity".

Exactly.

Still - I have no sympathy for her.

pamperedape said:
Too many MURDERING mothers are patted on the head and excused because of "depression". The bottom line - she put her dead child in the attic. For weeks. She MAY have even MURDERED her. We don't know that yet. We do know one thing - her baby girl didn't deserve to be treated like yesterday's trash. For weeks that baby lay up there rotting. Exactly - there WERE other children in the house. How screwed up are they going to be now? I will never accept depression as any sort of excuse or reason to do something like this to someone. Perhaps THAT is why these horrific crimes keep happening. "Insanity".

Exactly.

How can we judge others when God isn't finished judging us yet?

Murder is murder.

Okay... stop y'all... please... this kind of issue makes the mama bear in all of us come out but let's not jump on one another okay? Please... I care too much about everyone here not to jump in and ask for this not to go any further. We're all sad for this little infant and her family and none of us understand. We all process things differently .... let's put our energy into praying and thinking about this family.

pamperedape said:

Exactly.

I guess it is fair to assume you have never suffered from any sort of chemical imbalance nor has anyone you know? I am sorry if this comes across as rude because I don't mean for it to be - but your ignorance is astounding. And, please know, I do not mean" ignorance" as saying you are dumb, because you are not. I mean ignorance as saying you are completely uninformed and are speaking on a subject about which you have no knowledge. I spent 8 years studying the minds of people with chemical imbalances and another 6 years treating them. Spend a few days, weeks, months taking care of someone with clinical depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia...then tell me how you feel. :mad:

quiverfull7 said:
Okay... stop y'all... please... this kind of issue makes the mama bear in all of us come out but let's not jump on one another okay? Please... I care too much about everyone here not to jump in and ask for this not to go any further. We're all sad for this little infant and her family and none of us understand. We all process things differently .... let's put our energy into praying and thinking about this family.

amen Diane....

pamperedape said:

Exactly.

I completely agree. You cant attack her for her feelings everyone. Shes a mom, a mom to an infant. As am I. And I could not EVER fathom something like this.

I read an article that this mother logged on over 9 hours a day playing Final Fantasy Online in the weeks after this happened. So what were those 3 other kids doing during that time? Even if the death was accidental, her first instinct should not be to throw her in a garbage bag and start playing video games! Too many people misuse post partum depression. Its starting to be an excuse for too many, and its terrible for those who really suffer from this- because its getting bad press.

A girl in my hometown killed her 18 month old son about 6 weeks ago. She was strung out on drugs on a regular basis. And her son cried. So she smothered him for 20 minutes with a pillow, then waited another 20 minutes before she called 911. When the 911 operator tried to talk her through CPR, she laughed. She gave a full confession when the police showed up, again still laughing about it. Her lawyer too claims PP Depression. The child was 18 months old? The one above is 11 months old...

Before you go and accuse someone of "ignorance" you too should have all the facts. Women who suffer PP Depression are remorseful, they are DEPRESSED, they have emotional outbursts and mostly all within the first 8weeks to 6 months of the childs life. Both of these women went on the day like any other normal day- playing video games, laughing, chatting on myspace... Did anyone read how she dressed this poor baby in a "Daddys little girl" outfit before she put her in the trash bag? Pretty emotional for the father when he first saw her Im sure.

Im not doubting there is some sort of mental disease in this situation- wouldnt there have to be to do such things? But the truth of the matter is, this society is too quick to judge and put labels on people to give them excuses for their CRIMES. Plain and simple, a poor innocent beautiful baby girl has lost her life.

Military family or not, doesnt matter. Actually there are more resources available for military families then there are civilian families. I have actually volunteered and mentored for one of them here at our post.

So, Im sticking up for pamperedape. Both as a mother, a military spouse, and a healthcare professional. If anyone is interested in facts or reading more about PP Depression, I would love to pass resources along.

Everyone is going to have their own feelings about this situation. Mine changed dramatically when I became a mother. Many of you are religious and have your beliefs and strong feelings for forgiveness, and thats great too. But you have to remember that not everyone has such strong convictions, and cant hear a story about a dead infant and release it to "God's will".

I enjoy this forum, and hope that everyone here can learn something from one anothers beliefs and we can all continue to get along.

amen
JTNT8704 said:
I completely agree. You cant attack her for her feelings everyone. Shes a mom, a mom to an infant. As am I. And I could not EVER fathom something like this.

I read an article that this mother logged on over 9 hours a day playing Final Fantasy Online in the weeks after this happened. So what were those 3 other kids doing during that time? Even if the death was accidental, her first instinct should not be to throw her in a garbage bag and start playing video games! Too many people misuse post partum depression. Its starting to be an excuse for too many, and its terrible for those who really suffer from this- because its getting bad press.

A girl in my hometown killed her 18 month old son about 6 weeks ago. She was strung out on drugs on a regular basis. And her son cried. So she smothered him for 20 minutes with a pillow, then waited another 20 minutes before she called 911. When the 911 operator tried to talk her through CPR, she laughed. She gave a full confession when the police showed up, again still laughing about it. Her lawyer too claims PP Depression. The child was 18 months old? The one above is 11 months old...

Before you go and accuse someone of "ignorance" you too should have all the facts. Women who suffer PP Depression are remorseful, they are DEPRESSED, they have emotional outbursts and mostly all within the first 8weeks to 6 months of the childs life. Both of these women went on the day like any other normal day- playing video games, laughing, chatting on myspace... Did anyone read how she dressed this poor baby in a "Daddys little girl" outfit before she put her in the trash bag? Pretty emotional for the father when he first saw her Im sure.

Im not doubting there is some sort of mental disease in this situation- wouldnt there have to be to do such things? But the truth of the matter is, this society is too quick to judge and put labels on people to give them excuses for their CRIMES. Plain and simple, a poor innocent beautiful baby girl has lost her life.

Military family or not, doesnt matter. Actually there are more resources available for military families then there are civilian families. I have actually volunteered and mentored for one of them here at our post.

So, Im sticking up for pamperedape. Both as a mother, a military spouse, and a healthcare professional. If anyone is interested in facts or reading more about PP Depression, I would love to pass resources along.

Everyone is going to have their own feelings about this situation. Mine changed dramatically when I became a mother. Many of you are religious and have your beliefs and strong feelings for forgiveness, and thats great too. But you have to remember that not everyone has such strong convictions, and cant hear a story about a dead infant and release it to "God's will".

I enjoy this forum, and hope that everyone here can learn something from one anothers beliefs and we can all continue to get along.

Very well said. I couldn't agree more. Sin is rampant in this world and there is no excuse for it. I have compassion for this person who is so selfish and depraved that she would toss her dead child in a garbage bag and lie about it. I believe all mankind is depraved and just as easily as she did that, I might have been capable of that too if I didn't have Christ in my life. I am not surprised to hear such horrible things happening in this world, of course I am saddened and grieved by it all but not surprised. All good that I do is not of myself but of Christ and the Holy Spirit within me.
The bible tells us not to judge as hypocrites. It's like telling someone they really need to stop smoking as you puff away on your cigarette. We use judgment everyday in life's decisions. The jury will judge this woman and sentence her. I just want to make it clear that biblically judgment is not a bad thing. Paul said if we judge ourselves on earth, God will not have to judge us. This world is quick to label everything, and that's not to say there aren't all these horrible things in the world like depression, bi-polar, post partum depression but it all comes back to SIN! And with Christ we can have victory over all of this!! I used to be depressed, I had post partum depression, but now with Christ I have been set free.
Debbie :D

Carolyn - "Amen Diane", then why PRAYTELL did you reply? Diane said to stop the bickering and name calling ('cause that's what you did calling me ignorant to which I take A HUGE offense since I am highly educated...) and pray for the people.

That being said, thank you Diane, Debbie, and JTNT for your comments. I appreciate your feedback as you did so in an appropriate manner. Without "judgement" yourselves, or, even better - name calling.

Now, if you'll excuse me I must go finish reading the rest of this thread. You know - the part where the fact that the poor baby was treated like trash got lost...

Honestly Carolyn - I am TRULY offended by your words. Seriously.

This is case in point for what happens when you assume. You "assume" that I have never suffered from any sort of chemical imbalance. You are wrong. Very wrong. So to say that my "ignorance is astounding" is VERY hurtful to me. Very.

I am "completely uninformed and speaking on a subject about which" I "have no knowledge"? Really?

Oh, how I wish that were true.

"Spend a few days, weeks, months taking care of someone with clinical depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia...then tell me how you feel."

I still feel the same way about this mother.

My ignorance is "astounding".

pamperedape said:

Exactly.

I have no sympathy for the mother either. What she did is horrible and unexcusable. HOWEVER...as a mother of 4 who were all under the age of 5 when I was 25, and as a woman who has been diagnosed with depression...you cannot understand what depression can do to a person unless you have experienced it yourself. I choose to get the help I need so that my children have a happy life and so that I can cope with the demands of raising 4 small children. What this mother did is unacceptable but I find your harsh opinion a little offensive. The depression I deal with is never used as an excuse for poor behavior on my part. However if you have ever been through something like depression you can understand how, left untreated, these awful things can happen. Until you have been there, it's easy to look in a situation and think that this woman was just an awful person that is below any of the rest of us. Maybe she is just an awful person with no conscience or care for herself or human life-but you don't know that and while depression is no excuse for behaving as she has, it is a REAL problem for some people and can lead to horrible acts if left untreated.

Let it go, folks. No one condones that the mom did a good thing. Quit pointing fingers (remember there are 3 pointing back at YOU) and move on already.

You can devote your life's energy to griping, backstabbing, and "being right" or you can turn, love your own family, go get back on the phone and get two more bookings, and be the example of Christ. This kind of raw, senseless crime brings out the rawness in each of us. Stop.

(Not naming any names, but it takes two foolish people to have an argument!)

How connected is a family that doesn't realize -a mom is hurting? -a baby is missing? -there's a funny smell outside? -something doesn't add up in the story they're being told?

Be grateful that we work for a company with someone like Doris as a founder. Someone who knows that family mealtime is important. Connecting is important. Our very products make people better because they provide time and environment to make family relationships better. Add to that, Doris's work with the Family Resilliency Studies, and pray. Pray hard!

I could write a book on depression and post partum and their impact on families. Instead, my November bookings stink and I need to get some catalogs sent out for a show November 3. So I say to myself as much as anyone else...

Quit 'cher nonsense and get back to work!

-praying for Paige and her family-

Honestly, I am SO tired of the name calling. I am told to "let it go" in one breath, then called "foolish" in another. You don't have to "name names", I AM NOT "ignorant" and can figure it out. I *REALLY* want to be done with this, as I DO totally "love my own family", but I feel the need to defend myself when I am called a name.

*I* did nothing wrong. I DID NOT personally attack anyone here, but who's being called names? Me. It is hurtful that I am taking the brunt of this by being called "ingnorant" and "foolish". I WILL defend myself when this happens. I am neither of these things!!!

If you would like to continue to call me names and bash me for having an opinion - PLEASE do it in private. My name has already taken a big hit here and I would love to keep any amount of dignity that I have as far as this board is concerned. My email is...

[email protected]

Last edited:

Related to Who is Name-Calling and Bashing on the Missing Baby Update?

1. Who is Name-Calling and Bashing on the Missing Baby Update?

The person responsible for name-calling and bashing on the missing baby update is unknown. It could be a random internet user or someone connected to the case.

2. Why is this behavior considered horrid?

Name-calling and bashing on a missing baby update is considered horrid because it is insensitive, hurtful, and adds unnecessary negativity to a sensitive situation.

3. What was the update on the missing baby?

The update on the missing baby is that she was found in the attic, in a trash bag. This is a heartbreaking and tragic discovery.

4. How was the baby found?

The baby was found by authorities searching the house and eventually discovering her in the attic.

5. What is the current condition of the baby?

The current condition of the baby is unknown. However, the fact that she was found in a trash bag is extremely concerning and it is likely that she has suffered some harm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • jcsmilez
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • The_Kitchen_Guy