• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Has Not Changed Over to Beta Yet???

In summary, Doris Christopher called for all Director to switch to beta ASAP and those who do not will have problems getting their needs met. There are positives to beta, but there are also things that annoy us. Please commit to the switch so that we can all get the benefits of beta."
DebPC
Staff member
Am I the only one? Going to do it soon.

I did in September and wished I hadn't.....have had nothing but issues to the point that it is costing me $$ and time. One of my good friends hasn't changed over yet.

Not yet and not sure it will be soon.

Not yet...

Just changed but I've only set up the shows. Haven't placed orders yet.

Every time I think I am ready I hear of a new problem. I know I should just make the change. Let me know how it goes for you.

Not yet. Waiting till we have to I think. I always do wait.

I haven't either....and not inclined to do it anytime soon! like others, I consider going, but then keep hearing of issues that I just don't want to have to deal with yet. I already had to switch to the beta Consultant's Corner basically, since you can hardly find the new announcements and info on old CC anymore. I haven't tried shows yet....I'm currently inactive, so not much going on these days, but hoping to get a show in this month (so I don't lose consultant status!)....trying to get a Mystery Host show at my house going. Schedule is so crazy these days.My SIL/team member says she loves it, but I just know it will be a "teach an old dog new tricks" kind of issue for me! haha

I'm waiting, probably until they make us. I'm willing to suck it up and realize that it will take me additional time and frustration learning a new system. But when I hear of hosts and customers having problems, that is not something I'm willing to risk.

I'm a bit confused still at what constitutes making the switch. At what point is it a beyond a point of no return? I've logged in to the beta CC site so I could view some of the material otherwise unavailable in original CC. But beyond that, I am confused! I haven't formally switched my website, for fear it forces me in the web system and out of P3. Can you set up shows in P3, AND in the New Web tools? Obviously not the SAME shows...but maybe stay in P3 while trying to learn and use web one show at a time or something? I'm just afraid I'll get into the new system, and something will fail and I'll be under the gun to figure it out or get it right and can't use P3 to recreate the show.If you convert to the new PWS, will you have to use the webtools, or can your shows still be P3? Would a P3 show work with the new PWS system?I'm looking at the First Steps list right now. I'm so confused by it all, I'm not even sure what to expect anymore. (I think the same people who created this system must have worked on a few other government websites/rollouts...haha (including NC's debauchle of a food stamp rollout web system.)

This is a post in the Community section on beta by Davina Messics:"
COMMIT TO THE SWITCH CAMPAIGNBody:Commit to switch to beta ASAP! On a recent Director call, Doris Christopher kindly, but firmly requested that all Director switch to beta and to get their teams on beta as well. Who will COMMIT TO THE SWITCH?With P2 in Canada, P3, and beta, the home office is spending time and money in too many programs. This is a problem because our requests for beta cannot be met in a timely manner until everyone can be focused on beta. PLUS, the word "beta" sounds so negative! We just need to call it "Consultant's Corner -- THE place we do all of our business tasks."Doris has come back to the table so the least we can do is honor her request to switch to beta. Senior Consultants, Team Leaders, and Directors -- let's commit to using beta and not P3 and getting our teams to do the same. LEAD BY EXAMPLE. We cannot use the excuse of being too busy or doing too many shows. Many of us weren't too busy to learn how to us an iPod instead of a Sony Walkman. We weren't too busy to learn how to use a smart phone. Let's make the time to learn beta so our needs can be met.Are there things about beta that tick us off? Yes, but the list of positives are way longer than the list of annoyances. PLEASE COMMIT TO THE SWITCH! Those of us in full beta are suffering because some are staying in P3. That's NOT fair to your new recruits if you stay in P3. Think about it and you will understand what I mean. What will YOU do to have your team in beta? Let's do this! Do it for DORIS. Do it for yourself. Do it for your team."

monicag said:
I did in September and wished I hadn't.....have had nothing but issues to the point that it is costing me $$ and time. One of my good friends hasn't changed over yet.
I just want to say thank you to PC for making things right with an error that occurred with the new system......they refunded the money that was due to me (which they refunded to the host) and gave me a pack of catalogs for all of my problems. I know they are trying their hardest to get the kinks worked out, but it is still frustrating.

There's a learning curve, as with anything, but the Beta site is a good thing. Some of us at our last team meeting were speculating that March 1 might be the magic date, and that's why the February 28 deadline for all February shows.

I'm thinking February 28th is the deadline because they don't know how to program the new stuff and the old stuff together.....it would probably be a nightmare and then for them to also have to worry about P3 which they are probably not doing a lot with at this point. It's just easier all the way around.

I made the switch in October when one of my consultants recruited someone. I knew she would have to have Beta and I wanted to be prepared in case she had questions. Overall, it has been pretty uneventful. As it is when you learn something new, it takes a bit longer. I have new appreciation for the secretaries at doctor's offices who say, "Please bear with me. We are learning a new system." For the most part customers have been patient at my shows when I am entering their orders on beta at the show and when I am home, I have had no trouble getting a hold of Tech support to answer my questions. Overall, I do believe that it will be better than P3 in the long run. there are a few things that P3 could do that Beta can not and that is disappointing but there are many things on Beta that are not on P3 and those are GREAT! Take the plunge. It will not be as bad as you think it will be. Just be patient and leave time to search for your answers.

I would be shocked if they give a Feb 28th deadline to switch, because if it is, then they had better be telling us!

I LOVE BETA!! My mother used to sell Pampered Chef and I always did all her online work and paperwork. When she stopped a couples years ago I decided I would become a consultant at age 18. Two days after my birthday in July I signed up and the next day I was off to the Rockin Chef Rally in Cincinnati! Talk about being "thrown into the mix"... needless to say, I was the newest consultant there! ANYWAY, back to the main point. I believe Beta is better than what some people are making it out to be. YES, I have ran into problems at times but they seem to be fixed very quickly. Please don't hesitate to contact me via private message if you need help in Beta. I wish you all the best and I hope you all get over to Beta SOON!

esavvymom said:
I would be shocked if they give a Feb 28th deadline to switch, because if it is, then they had better be telling us!
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking, Bobbi.

Does anybody know if you can submit shows in Beta if you don't have a PWS?I am currently weighing 3 options: Recommit to my business with renewed vigor, hang up my apron, and the most likely option, "work smarter, not harder" and cut unnecessary expenses. I'm thinking the PWS will be one of those, as much as it pains me to give it up. It hasn't been paying for itself for years.But how would I submit shows if P3 goes away too?

Intrepid_Chef said:
Does anybody know if you can submit shows in Beta if you don't have a PWS?I am currently weighing 3 options: Recommit to my business with renewed vigor, hang up my apron, and the most likely option, "work smarter, not harder" and cut unnecessary expenses. I'm thinking the PWS will be one of those, as much as it pains me to give it up. It hasn't been paying for itself for years.But how would I submit shows if P3 goes away too?
With OR Without a PWS you will still be able to use consultants corner on Beta. You will have access to everything on the site except PWS information pages. This is the site that you will submit your shows from also. Hope this helps! :)

It does, thank you!Part of me does hate to give it up because I'll never get it back again!

Is anyone else noticing how SLOW P3 has been lately? It takes it forever to add a line item...click the + to add an item, it thinks for 30 seconds, then another 30 seconds when you type the code in or want to search. EACH and every field seems to take 10-15 seconds or more before it completes the action. It's a setup, I tell ya! They are trying to push us harder and harder by breaking P3. ;)

I was thinking the same thing; honestly why would they more than minimal effort into p3 @ this time. I guess I need to switch....

Heard this thru the grapevine... When I approached my director about the pressure to switch, she said she heard it probably won't be til next spring.
So now I'm thinking I'll switch over in summer. Again- just what I've heard.

I switched last May and have had very few issues, all of which were resolved quickly. When I first switched I would put my shows in P3 and then move them to the new site. Both were always identical. At launch I finally cancelled my pws on the old site and am exclusively on the new one. I am happy with it.They can't work on getting us the wedding registry and gift certificates back until everyone is on the new site. New consultants generally do fine with it and don't understand all the issues we seem to have. I think it's us old timers who have to get used to something new... Try it. You can go back if you don't delete your old website right away. Shows you submit on beta won't show up on your P3 but that's the only thing you'd "lose". I urge you to come over to the dark side so that it can be all it is sure to become! I have heard that they will eventually give a deadline but they would definitely give plenty of notice. I know they did when it went from PP to P3 and I remember that it was forever before they did away with mail in shows. More than 70% of shows submitted the end of February were done on the beta site! Come join us!

Even though I have not changed over can I set up a show in the new web and submit it? I still have several shows on my website and I have been told to finish them before making the switch. I would like to practice with one in my sister's name so I won't be embarrassed if I keep making mistakes.

Sounds like a question for the HO, Robyn. Once I switched I never looked back.

Bethcooksforyou, maybe you can answer my above question above. If I copy everything from p3 for my sister's show onto the beta site I can submit it from there, correct? Even if I have not switched over.

They finally set a deadline. Email went out tonight.
August 1, 2014 it is one system only.

esavvymom said:
They finally set a deadline. Email went out tonight.
August 1, 2014 it is one system only.
I didn't figure it would be too long.

Yes, I saw that.Now that I'm being forced to switch I have a question:I have a show in June. A real, live, in person cooking show. I do maybe one of those a year, and I have never lost career sales!So I was going to do it old school and thought it might be a good way to get familar with the system before I am forced into it.Is it still possible to do a show both ways?

Well, I'm finally about to do it. I have entered my first show in the new system, and am about to submit (next day or so). :) It's just a catalog show with a whopping 3 orders plus mine as host...a few local customers wanting some items.
So far so good. A few things I couldn't quite figure out at first, but I think I'm getting it...I'll have to sit down and do the training. But I do like how it's easy to add the host/guest specials - the "+" and checkmarks, etc. I haven't tried the app yet, this was just through the CC website so far.I haven't switched my PWS yet though. Soon I guess.

I had my sister's show set up in P3 and have put everything into a show on the new website. Just waiting for a couple more payments. It is telling me that 2 people are eligible for the past host party pick and neither of them are since my sister did not book from anyone. Is this a glitch?
Also I did not put any of the customers in my contacts in the new web. When I do switch over will this be a problem? They are already contacts in p3 and I know I have to somehow sync p3 contacts with the new web.

I just submitted her show and still it said 2 people were eligible for the past host party pick. I just ignored it. I also printed receipts from p3 to give to the guests. I know anyone with an e-mail address is suppose to get their receipt that way. What happens to the ones without an e-mail address? Will their receipts come to me to print out? I have heard they are very long and take several pages to print. I have also heard some consultants hand-write a receipt on one of the 2 or 3 page receipts. (Sure seems like that is going backwards...)I like the p3 receipts and think there should be a way to still use them when there is no e-mail address. Any thoughts or does anyone know the answer(s) to my questions?

It seems that I recall there was a way to print something when i did my one and only show (so far) in beta....but I didnt click on it to see if it was just a screen shot type print, or what could be an official receipt. I will try later to see if I can find it. Not sure if would still be available or not.I would say if you dont get an answer from here, email HO and ask about those who dont have emails and are using a phone number.UPDATE: Found it!
I clicked on my catalog show "view". Then if you clicked on the name of the guest or the arrow next to their name, it expands their order info. You'll see on the right side of that expanded view a button that says "resend receipt", and BELOW that it says "Print or send to an additional email address". I clicked on "Print..." and it pulls up the page of what would be emailed to them. You can then print THAT page and it is their receipt. Now, it may be a couple of pages, but it's a printed receipt from the company page.

Last edited:
esavvymom I set this message to HO before I saw your above post. We'll see what they say and I will check out what you said.
"I received a call from the home office telling me that the show I submitted via the beta site is to be #332 and not #1 as it is listed in the site. I tried to change the #, but get a message saying since the show was submitted I cannot change the #. If I had known I was able to continue to use the same numbers in my p3 I would have changed the number from 1 to 323. I was advised by my up-line that the numbers for the shows submitted via beta was generated through the site and I was not able to change them. Is there any way to correct the number of the H.C. show or do I just make the next show submitted from there be # 333? Also since my customers on show #323 did not all have e-mails I used p3 to print receipts for them. There should be a way we can still use the p3 receipts to print receipts for those without e-mail. Hand writing a receipt is totally going backwards. How else do the people without e-mail get their receipts? Thank you for all your help."

I looked into what esavvymom said in her post above and followed her directions. I printed a text receipt. II sent one piece of paper through the printer so it would print on one side then I flipped the paper to print of the back. This only used 1 piece of paper. I had read somewhere that the e-mailed receipt would use 3-4 pieces of paper. The way I just did it is not so bad.Now for another question. If I have some shows listed on my old website and they do not have any orders will they transfer to the beta site when I switch over? If not and I log into beta and enter them there then switch will that work? Will they then show up on my new website?

My hope is that once we are all on the new system, that they will create a "printer friendly" print option that will reduce the number of pages to print.

now I have another question. I know if someone does not have an e-mail you use their phone number, etc. What happens if there is no phone #? Trying to work on another show in the new web. Right now the host is still $11 away from a show and it was a May cooking show. This is very frustrating and on top of that there are 2 orders with no phone, address or e-mail. My host asked if I could use her phone # for both the orders since she had an e-mail address. Will this work?Another question, can you re-order the shows so the newest show is on the top going down to the oldest show?

byrd1956 said:
now I have another question. I know if someone does not have an e-mail you use their phone number, etc. What happens if there is no phone #? Trying to work on another show in the new web. Right now the host is still $11 away from a show and it was a May cooking show. This is very frustrating and on top of that there are 2 orders with no phone, address or e-mail. My host asked if I could use her phone # for both the orders since she had an e-mail address. Will this work?
No, using the same phone number for more than one order won't work. There has to be an email. I use the name for the email (i.e. [email protected]). It's not likely to change unless she gets married. Even then, she'll remember her maiden name. Yes, if you have more than one Susie R Smith, this could be an issue, but it's rare.

Thanks Rae that is a great idea and if I cannot get any phone # that is what I'll do.

New questions.... A consultant friend of mine has changed over and her director helped her go through the steps. When she logs in she can no longer go to her website(new or old) to do anything there. I can, however go to her website and it is the new one.So when I take the plunge where do I find detailed instructions on doing this? I don't want to find out I cannot log in at my new site. Also worried about syncing.....

That's odd. I don't have any trouble at all working on my website. Is she trying to log in as though she's a guest on her website? If so, she might need to clear her cookies. If it's an issue of wanting to make changes to her website she might need to contact the HO.As for your question, there are great tools on CC. Just click on Training and Resources and select Web Tools Training.

Rae, she says she logs in at the new site and tries to go to her website and can't do it. She said she will have to call tech. I have taken the training, but keep getting confused. I think I will re-watch it again.
I did just submit another show from the new web even though I have not changed over yet. I keep thinking I should be able to choose to make a consultant payment; but it is automatic, right?
Also, should have I e-mailed and printed receipts before I submitted? I cannot find where to do that now.

Is there a place in the new web to find thank yous to hosts?

The thank you to host is under the Show Info tab. You'll find Email Host, then choose After the Show. You can send receipts after submitting. Just go to My Shows and Orders. Locate the show and click on View. This will take you to the summary. Click on an individual's name. Their order will appear, and Re-Send Receipt will be an option.Consultant payment is automatically the payment account, so there's no need to make a choice.When I switched over I opened two windows--the tutorial in one and what I was working on in the other. I'd play the tutorial for a couple of minutes, pause it, do what it had instructed, and then play the tutorial again. It worked for me.It certainly sounds like your friend needs to talk to tech support.

Last edited:
Interrupting this thread to announce that hell hath frozen over! I have officially switched over, submitted my first party, submitted a supply and a personal order! Still more to learn and not skilled enough to input at parties yet but still...feeling good!

Congrats Ann!!! I am still procrastinating...

Deb, dive in. It is a learning curve but honestly the biggest pain was cleaning up my duplicates (15 years) I wouldn't recommend doing orders other than doing then on the paper orders. You will learn it fast. I did load as much info as I could on my mobile app and website. Right now having a speedy full service check out is my goal. My small personal team members are 50% on it and loved it so I plugged my nose and jumped in!

baychef said:
Interrupting this thread to announce that hell hath frozen over! I have officially switched over, submitted my first party, submitted a supply and a personal order! Still more to learn and not skilled enough to input at parties yet but still...feeling good!
This ice in hell is getting thicker. . .I'm about to push the migrate button. Yikes. My hands are sweating!!!!

<h2>1. What is the Beta version and why should I switch to it?</h2><p>The Beta version is the newest version of our Pampered Chef platform, which includes updated features and improvements to enhance your experience. We highly recommend switching to the Beta version to take advantage of these new updates.</p><h2>2. How do I know if I am still using the old version or if I have already switched to Beta?</h2><p>If you are unsure if you have already switched to the Beta version, you can check by looking at the top of the screen. The Beta version will have a small "Beta" label next to the Pampered Chef logo. If you do not see this label, you are still using the old version.</p><h2>3. Will I lose any of my saved information or recipes if I switch to Beta?</h2><p>No, switching to Beta will not affect any of your saved information or recipes. Your account and all of its data will remain unchanged.</p><h2>4. Can I switch back to the old version if I don't like the Beta version?</h2><p>Yes, you can switch back to the old version at any time by clicking on the "Switch to Classic" button located at the bottom of the screen. However, we encourage you to give the Beta version a try and provide us with feedback to help us improve your experience.</p><h2>5. Is there a deadline for switching to Beta?</h2><p>There is currently no set deadline for switching to Beta. However, we recommend switching as soon as possible to take advantage of the new features and improvements.</p>

1. What is the Beta version and why should I switch to it?

The Beta version is the newest version of our Pampered Chef platform, which includes updated features and improvements to enhance your experience. We highly recommend switching to the Beta version to take advantage of these new updates.

2. How do I know if I am still using the old version or if I have already switched to Beta?

If you are unsure if you have already switched to the Beta version, you can check by looking at the top of the screen. The Beta version will have a small "Beta" label next to the Pampered Chef logo. If you do not see this label, you are still using the old version.

3. Will I lose any of my saved information or recipes if I switch to Beta?

No, switching to Beta will not affect any of your saved information or recipes. Your account and all of its data will remain unchanged.

4. Can I switch back to the old version if I don't like the Beta version?

Yes, you can switch back to the old version at any time by clicking on the "Switch to Classic" button located at the bottom of the screen. However, we encourage you to give the Beta version a try and provide us with feedback to help us improve your experience.

5. Is there a deadline for switching to Beta?

There is currently no set deadline for switching to Beta. However, we recommend switching as soon as possible to take advantage of the new features and improvements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Intrepid_Chef