• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Recipe is Perfect for a DCB Demo?

Ingredients:1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 tablespoons butter, softened 1 cup cold milk 1 large egg 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted1/2 cup raisins 1/2 cup currants 1/2 cup chopped candied fruit Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan. 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. 3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle
jross93
I need your help/opinions....

I have my 2nd show tomorrow night. The host wants something that demos the DCB. I'm going back and forth between the following recipes: White Chicken Chili, Chicken Fajitas and Mexican Lasagne.

Has anyone made these for shows? Any opinions as to which would be a better demo?

Thanks for your help! I look forward to hearing your ideas!
Jen

I've made the chili and the lasagna, and they're both good demos.

I have not done those recipes yet, but I love to do 30 minute chicken in DCB that gets lots of wow's you can go to Consultants corner and look up 30 min chicken.

Good luck

I'm going to be doing the Fajitas and we'll also make the Pass Around Salsa at a show on Saturday. I hope it goes well! I'll let you know. I know lots of others do them at their shows with great success, so I figured I'd give it a try.I like the chili, but think of it more as a dip rather than something you'd want a full serving of. But it's really good and you could serve it with sour cream, cheese, and chips and show off some SA pieces.Have you practiced those 3 recipes? Which do you feel most comfortable with?

I will say, I have made white chili and mex lasg and the chili was a HIT. The lasagna not so much. my family didn't like it either. I think it goes with taste....we are not big mex food eaters....I think chili and tacos are the limit for us. What sounds better to your host?

What is the pass around salsa?

Also if you want to do a dessert there is the apple cobbler in the DCB using the apple peeler/corer/slicer. You mix up some brown sugar, oats, and flour and sprinkle it on the apples. Then it is only 10 min in the microwave then 10 in the oven(to make it crispy) and let stand for 10 min. It smells heavenly and tastes DELICIOUS! That recipe was one of the reasons I became a consultant b/c I wanted the DCB and apple PCS and didn't have the money to buy both of them! You could do a dip or something quick and easy for savoury and then this with the DCB.

Mom's Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
4-6 Granny Smith apples
8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Directions:
1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter; mix well.

3. Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Last edited:
Chili or Fajitas would be my pick. The fajitas with salsa and guacamole make a GREAT interactive show.

cutiechic said:
What is the pass around salsa?

My director calls is "Sofa Salsa". Really cute name! :) I called it pass around salsa because sometimes I do interactive shows and we are standing around the table/counter. ;) We did it at out last cluster meeting. It's where you put tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper (if you want it) all in a bowl and pass it around the room with the salad choppers. Then everyone takes turns trying out the choppers and keep passing it until it turns into salsa. If you use the smaller tomatoes (not beefsteak) it'll be less watery. You can do the garlic with the press, though. And add a little salt to demo the grinders. And I've seen it with regular onion or green onions, so either one is fine.

In the Fall of 2006 when we first came out with the DCB, we had a recipe for bread pudding that was very quick to prepare and only too about 15 minutes in the microwave.
I will try to attach the recipe with my notes about variations. I used 1% milk for example to keep the fat down. I used the stainless bowls to mix it up in, and then transferred to the DCB. You can use some of our Vanilla, and the food chopper on the
apples, and the apple wedger.

Attachments

• Recipes - Caramel Apple Bread Pudding revised.jpg
    Recipes - Caramel Apple Bread Pudding revised.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 322
I would suggest the Chicken Penne Al Fresco (or whatever is the exact recipe name). It's been all my cluster mates have been talking about. Super easy, you make it in the DCB and it's yummy. I think it's in the new SB's.

:D
babywings76 said:
My director calls is "Sofa Salsa". Really cute name! :) I called it pass around salsa because sometimes I do interactive shows and we are standing around the table/counter. ;) We did it at out last cluster meeting. It's where you put tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, Jalapeno pepper (if you want it) all in a bowl and pass it around the room with the salad choppers. Then everyone takes turns trying out the choppers and keep passing it until it turns into salsa. If you use the smaller tomatoes (not beefsteak) it'll be less watery. You can do the garlic with the press, though. And add a little salt to demo the grinders. And I've seen it with regular onion or green onions, so either one is fine.

Thanks!!! I am going to try this at my next show. We are doing margaritas and munchies....

I choose the penne pasta...I just made it again today for a show and sold 4 bakers and got 3 bookings. Wed. show was 4 bakers and 2 bookings...I have sold a total of 22 bakers full price in my past 5 shows.

Here's the recipe for the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding in a Word Document. I plan to add it to my website's DCB recipe collection. If you find any typos, please let me know. Thanks.​

Attachments

• Caramel Apple Bread Pudding DDB Recipe.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 304

1. What are some popular recipes from Pampered Chef?

Some of our most popular recipes include our Classic Lasagna, Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, and Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake. These recipes can be found on our website or in our recipe books.

2. How do I choose a recipe that fits my dietary restrictions?

We offer a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. You can easily filter our recipes by dietary restriction on our website or consult with a Pampered Chef consultant for personalized recommendations.

3. Can I adjust the serving size of a recipe?

Yes, our recipes come with serving size options so you can easily adjust the ingredients according to your needs. You can also use our portion calculator tool on our website to adjust the serving size and ingredient measurements.

4. Are there any recipes that are quick and easy to make?

We have a collection of "20-Minute Meals" that are perfect for busy weeknights. These recipes are designed to be quick and easy to prepare without sacrificing flavor. You can find these recipes on our website or in our recipe books.

5. Are there any recipes that are kid-friendly?

We have a dedicated section for kid-friendly recipes that are easy and fun for kids to make. These recipes are also great for picky eaters and can help introduce new flavors and ingredients to children. You can find these recipes on our website or in our recipe books.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
  • JessBarszcz
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • kcjodih