• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where to Buy Sorbet: A Quest for the Perfect Flavor in Mid-Wisconsin

In summary, finding sorbet in Mid-Wisconsin can be difficult, with limited availability in grocery stores. However, it can be found at Baskin N Robbins, Haagen Dazs, and some Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations. It is typically located in the ice cream section and comes in pint-sized containers. Sorbet is non-dairy and fat-free, and is different from sherbet which contains milk-fat. Some stores may be willing to order sorbet upon request. Commissaries may also carry sorbet, including larger varieties such as pound cake. Mango sorbet can be substituted with mango ice cream or lemon fruit bars in recipes such as Lemon Gingertini's. It is important to check for the correct
phun2cook
I didn't realize that finding sorbet was going to be so difficult. I would love to try the new Tropical Torte w/pineapple - but can't find Mango Sorbet. Can't find any sorbet honestly.
and the Lemon Gingertini's sound awesome, but don't have Lemon Sorbet.

I live in Mid-Wisconsin. Anyone know where i can purchase sorbet?

Am i wrong to look in the ice cream section of the grocery store?

I was going to say look in the ice cream section. If you have a Baskin N Robbins Ice Cream store you can try them.

no Baskin Robbins. My closest big town is Wausau.

you can order online and have it shipped to your door. :)

http://www.graeters.com/ship.aspx

I'm in the Dells. Wal-Mart has it. Usually between the ice cream and the popsicles.

we have been making the gingertinis (non alcoholic version) we can't always get the sorbet so we are using the lemon fruit bars. we use 2 bars per recipe
we also like it made with limeade and lime fruit bars

phun2cook said:
I didn't realize that finding sorbet was going to be so difficult. I would love to try the new Tropical Torte w/pineapple - but can't find Mango Sorbet. Can't find any sorbet honestly.
and the Lemon Gingertini's sound awesome, but don't have Lemon Sorbet.

I live in Mid-Wisconsin. Anyone know where i can purchase sorbet?

Am i wrong to look in the ice cream section of the grocery store?

Sorbet is in the ice cream section of any large super market. Haagen Dazs has the most selection, they come in pint sized containers....HTH

And in case anyone is wondering, there IS a difference in sorbet and sherbet! Sorbet is non-dairy and is unfortunately usually more expensive, sherbet includes milk-fat. Oh, and sorbet is MUCH yummier! IMO... :D.

I had a host once buy sherbet instead - now I know to check that they are going to buy the right ingredient!

Last edited:
I couldn't find it either but I did find Mango ice cream. It worked just fine and tasted GREAT!

AnnieBee said:
And in case anyone is wondering, there IS a difference in sorbet and sherbet! Sorbet is non-dairy and is unfortunately usually more expensive, sherbet includes milk-fat. Oh, and sorbet is MUCH yummier! IMO... :D.

I had a host once buy sherbet instead - now I know to check that they are going to buy the right ingredient!

Sorbet is also Fat Free!!! :D

I checked our Super Walmart in Rhinelander. no such luck.
I called a larger grocer in Wausau. Trigs. THEY HAVE HaagenDaas sorbet!!! yeah! No Mango, but we'll work on that.
The Mango icecream worked hey?
I thought of the fruit bars, but wasn't sure how that would work.
I know sorbet is different than sherbert. didn't think of the milk-based. just knew sherbert was creamy, where sorbet is more "flavored ice" for lack of a better term :)

Thank you all for your help. keep them coming if anyone finds the mango sorbet.

phun2cook said:
I checked our Super Walmart in Rhinelander. no such luck.
I called a larger grocer in Wausau. Trigs. THEY HAVE HaagenDaas sorbet!!! yeah! No Mango, but we'll work on that.
The Mango icecream worked hey?
I thought of the fruit bars, but wasn't sure how that would work.
I know sorbet is different than sherbert. didn't think of the milk-based. just knew sherbert was creamy, where sorbet is more "flavored ice" for lack of a better term :)

Thank you all for your help. keep them coming if anyone finds the mango sorbet.

Our grocery store is willing to order items that they don't carry if you request them. Maybe you could ask. :chef:

Wow, I didn't know sorbet and sherbert were different! I could only find lime sherbert when we made the gingertinis but they turned out GREAT!

I have found Mango Sorbet at Wal-Mart and Walgreens (drug store of all places!). Around here it is Haagen-Daaz and in the small containers. At my Wal-Mart it is in the same aisle as the rest of the ice cream but more towards the Ben & Jerry's area. Now different stores around here have different kinds of Sorbet! It has taken me several trips to find raspberry before and lemon. One of the stores around here even had some blueberry/some other kind of berry mix!

Wal-mart, believe it or not!

For those with access to commissaries- our small one actually had it so I'd guess the larger ones would have it. They also had the large pound cakes as well! :)

wadesgirl said:
I have found Mango Sorbet at Wal-Mart and Walgreens (drug store of all places!). Around here it is Haagen-Daaz and in the small containers. At my Wal-Mart it is in the same aisle as the rest of the ice cream but more towards the Ben & Jerry's area. Now different stores around here have different kinds of Sorbet! It has taken me several trips to find raspberry before and lemon. One of the stores around here even had some blueberry/some other kind of berry mix!

I was just about to say this. I went crazy trying to find it. It is expensive. I found it at our local safeway for $3.00 on sale.

you girls are great! thank you for the ideas. I was wondering about our SamsClub too. Guess i'm going shopping on Friday - and now i know where i can look at least.
Thank you.

I had trouble, both with finding the lemon sorbet (for gingertinis) and when I did, with the price! I looked online for a sorbet recipe, made it really inexpensively, and it was great!

1. Where can I buy sorbet?

You can buy sorbet at most grocery stores, specialty food stores, and online retailers. Some popular brands of sorbet include Talenti, Häagen-Dazs, and Ben & Jerry's.

2. Does Pampered Chef sell sorbet?

No, Pampered Chef does not currently sell sorbet. However, we do offer a variety of kitchen tools that can help you make your own sorbet at home.

3. Can I buy sorbet directly from a sorbet maker or manufacturer?

Some sorbet makers and manufacturers may sell their products directly to consumers, but it's best to check their website or contact them directly to find out. You can also find sorbet at their retail locations or through online retailers.

4. Are there any health food stores that sell sorbet?

Yes, many health food stores carry sorbet as a dairy-free and vegan alternative to ice cream. Some popular health food store chains include Whole Foods Market, Trader Joe's, and Sprouts Farmers Market.

5. Can I find sorbet at my local farmer's market?

It's possible to find sorbet at local farmer's markets, as some vendors may sell homemade sorbet made with fresh, local ingredients. However, the availability may vary depending on your location and the season. It's best to check with your local farmer's market beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefcouts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies