• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Where Can I Find a Folding Table with Adjustable Height for Under $5?

In summary, the Sam's Club table is a sturdy, foldable table that is adjustable in height. It is perfect for use at home, in the kitchen, or in the office.
Pampered_Marcia
I am searching for a 4' or 6' folding table with adjustable height on the legs. Any suggestions?

Sam's TableI adore my Sam's Club table I got this past year. My back thanks me, and so does my family, because I'm much less cranky when I get home! It folds in half and has a carrying handle, which makes it so easy to transport!

It has three height adjustments: coffee table, kitchen table, and kitchen counter. I, of course, use the kitchen counter for my shows!

If you do a search for "table", you'll find many other threads with information about preferred tables. I know other places carry the adjustable height tables, I just don't know who they are!

6 ft tableI bought a 6' folding table (the table top actually folds in half too) That I bought online. I LOVE IT! Very sturdy, a little more expensive but (about $75+ or - ) I find it worth the price for the convenience of it. The height isn't adjustable but if you are interested I will post the website.
Valky

re: folding tables adj heights
Pampered_Marcia said:
I am searching for a 4' or 6' folding table with adjustable height on the legs. Any suggestions?

Sam's carries different sizes of these tables, some fold in half and have a handle and I think they all are adjustable heights too.

I had one for something else in the past and returned it, now I'm kinda thinking about getting one again :)

well when I was searching a few months ago (also just did a quick search) Sams did not have any of the kind that fold in half. I did see them at Wal-mart a while ago but was not thinking ahead to get one.
I bought my 2 6ft tables and 1 4ft adj height at Sams club. The price was a little better than other places I had looked. I really like the adj height one. I did a kids fair last month and had it out for the kids to do an activity at. When I started my buis. I only invested in a 4 ft but have only had to bring it to a handful of shows. I decided to invest in a few more this summer since I had been doing more events and paying to rent tables just got old. They have come in very handy for my buis and at home.

that's my .02

:)

here is the website for the adjustable folding table (thanks to pamperedlinda). It comes in the 4' adjustable height (this is my next purchase) I bought the 6' fold in half one first so I wouldn't have to cram all the products together. As I progress in my business, I find the need to get the 4' one too for fairs etc. the prices include shipping! http://www.buylifetime.com/detail.aspx?ID=307

Check your local drugstores that carry "everything". Every once in awhile, Walgreens in my area has the one like I purchased. I got mine for less than $30 and I've been carrying it for at least 3 years. It is 4' and has adjustable legs. Folds in half and has the carrying handle.

If you have a K Merchandise in your area (ours is going out of business), that's where I found mine.

yummy4tummy said:
here is the website for the adjustable folding table (thanks to pamperedlinda). It comes in the 4' adjustable height (this is my next purchase) I bought the 6' fold in half one first so I wouldn't have to cram all the products together. As I progress in my business, I find the need to get the 4' one too for fairs etc. the prices include shipping! http://www.buylifetime.com/detail.aspx?ID=307

You're welcome Yummy4Tummy (you'll need to post your name for us). I was on the lifetime website not too long ago and noticed that they've raised their prices quite a bit (I think it was @ $50 - includes shipping). Then a few days later I went to Sam's with my mom and saw the same tables for @ $38.00. - plus they had them in several colors I love my table. I keep it in my trunk and if my host doesn't have a spot for me I just go get it - very handy. My 4 yr old son loves to play with it too, sice it's adjustable the shortest height is perfect for him.

Darn!!! Wish I had known 2 months's ago!!!!! I bought regular 6 footers and they do not quite fit in my jeep. I have to tie down the back. Had to do it one night in the rain.... NOT FUN!!!

I have the adjustable table from Sam's, too. I just bought it a month ago and it only cost about $20. I LOVE IT and it fits the PC tablecloth so nicely!

Thank you so much for the info. on the Sams table that folds in half. I've been looking at them wondering how sturdy it would be.

I found the 4 foot fold in half table at SAm's today for less than $40. They have other reasonably priced tables but since I have a Ford Focus I can't really tote those bigger tables around. May invest in more next craft fair season!

I have a Honda CR-V and it has a built in table! It's small and short, but I have used it at shows in a pinch!

So Who's Taking Me Shopping?!?Now I wish I had a Sam's Club membership instead of Costco!

By any random chance, if any of you actually live near Olympia, WA or the closest Sam's Club, I would love to be your "guest" for the day. Drop me a note, and we'll go shopping! I always love a field trip.

Thanks Ladies & Gents!
Marcia

Hey... can't you be your own Guest shopper for 1 day at Sam's? If you call and ask the Service Desk... I'm not certain but I know plp who have had guest passes before.

You're welcome Yummy4Tummy (you'll need to post your name for us).
OOps, sorry, I usually do. It's Valky

Then a few days later I went to Sam's with my mom and saw the same tables for @ $38.00. - plus they had them in several colors

When I went to the SC website they didn't have the tables in my area for pick-up... only shipping and they were more than the ones on the buylifetime website. Guess this calls for a road trip!

Valky

you could be your own guest in the past… i know i did it at sams and bj's when i was in college looking for economy jar's for an art class.. at bj’s I did have to pay 15% more though b/c I wasn’t a card holder but not at sam’s hth~tiffany p

Ok, here's a challenge for you ladies -- I am REALLY tall, I mean I'm 6'0 and even the adjustable tables give me a backache by the end of my demo. Has anyone found a super adjustable table anywhere?? I need one that's probably close to 4' high to be tall enough to not give me a backache! I always take off my shoes during the demo to help out, but its still a pain. I think they need to invent a store with stuff just for tall people! Its hard for me to use a lot of things with "normal" height proportions. Oh, the table I have been using is my recruiters from Sam's Club. Just don't want to buy one if its not the one I want. Thanks in advance!!
~Kristen

kristenskitchen said:
Ok, here's a challenge for you ladies -- I am REALLY tall, I mean I'm 6'0 and even the adjustable tables give me a backache by the end of my demo. Has anyone found a super adjustable table anywhere?? I need one that's probably close to 4' high to be tall enough to not give me a backache! I always take off my shoes during the demo to help out, but its still a pain. I think they need to invent a store with stuff just for tall people! Its hard for me to use a lot of things with "normal" height proportions. Oh, the table I have been using is my recruiters from Sam's Club. Just don't want to buy one if its not the one I want. Thanks in advance!!
~Kristen

Kristen,

I'm tall too (not all tall as you, but I've had my kitchen cabinets/counters built to be 3" taller than normal). Anyway. I have the adjustable table (three heights). I used to use it at the tallest height (which is normal counter height) but started using it at the regular card table level when I realized that my guests could not see what I was doing.

I know this doesn't help your aching back (and mine hurt last night when I got home from my show) but is just food for thought. If I take my shoes off during a show, I'm guaranteed to have back (and knee) pain the next morning. I have to have that support.

Jeanine

kristenskitchen said:
~Kristen

I know how you feel, I'm almost there 5'8" & I do have problems sometimes. Unfortunatley (sp?) I think all folding tables when maxed in height come to the same. But you can also check Kmart thats where I bought my 6' folding table.

I use my cutting board as a work surface ON TOP of a cooling rack to add a couple of inches of height. It also makes a little area underneath where I can stash a few things - and makes it easier for the guests to see me work around the other display items.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Wow, I wish I could have my counters re-built! Doing dishes is a pain too -- in more ways that one! Maybe once we build our own house I can break away from this height contricting base house I live in now! LOL! I'll have to do some more searching and hopefully find something that will work. Haven't thought to look at K-Mart yet...not a fan of that store so I just mentally block it out, but I might have to venture over there. Thanks for pointing out the guest viewing factor too Jeanine. I hadn't really thought about that! Seems like every show I do, I set up in someone's living room so my feet are usually comfy on the carpet, but maybe as a compromise, I'll start wearing slippers?! I just feel like I can't function very well in my normal dress shoes. Thanks again for the suggestions! ~Kristen

P.S. Ann, great idea!! You might have just saved my back! Thanks a bunch! I don't have a cooling rack yet, but it might be the next thing I order. I have a show getting ready to close so that's perfect! Thank you, thank you!! :)

Kristen

My kitchen is the next big house project (after we finish paying off the home equity loan from building the garage), and I plan to have my counters installed 2" higher than standard. Friends of mine have theirs 4" higher (40") because the DH does most of the cooking, and he's 6' 5".

What many people don't realize is that counter height was standardized in the 1930's. Average height was shorter then.

wow gonna have to check out Sam's again. They stopped selling these tables for awhile. : )

I bought one at Sam's last weekend. So, I know they have them now in Virginia.

nikked said:
I adore my Sam's Club table I got this past year. My back thanks me, and so does my family, because I'm much less cranky when I get home! It folds in half and has a carrying handle, which makes it so easy to transport!

It has three height adjustments: coffee table, kitchen table, and kitchen counter. I, of course, use the kitchen counter for my shows!

If you do a search for "table", you'll find many other threads with information about preferred tables. I know other places carry the adjustable height tables, I just don't know who they are!
I think we have the same table! LOVE IT!!!

I bought one of those stackable plastic drawers and put it on my table and then put my cutting board on top of that. The new cutting boards do not slide around on it! My guests say the like it better because it is high enough for them to see. I open the drawer and put my dirty tools in as I use it and it keeps my table clean. I can then just take it home ot wash or take the whole drawer to the kitchen and clean up. I use the size that is about the size of our med. cutting board but I use the large cutting board on it to have a larger cutting area. My back thanks me!
Judy

judy brannon said:
I bought one of those stackable plastic drawers and put it on my table and then put my cutting board on top of that. The new cutting boards do not slide around on it! My guests say the like it better because it is high enough for them to see. I open the drawer and put my dirty tools in as I use it and it keeps my table clean. I can then just take it home ot wash or take the whole drawer to the kitchen and clean up. I use the size that is about the size of our med. cutting board but I use the large cutting board on it to have a larger cutting area. My back thanks me!
Judy

This is an interesting idea. What kind of stackable plastic drawer?

It's just a $4.00 one I bought at walmart. They are made by rubber maid or one of the off brands will work just as well. You can buy several and stack them on top of each other for storage. I just use one and sit it on my table. The 9X13 cutting board fits on top pretty much exactly. I prefer the grooved cutting board as it gives me a larger working area. I really like being able to open the drawer when I use a tool or need to throw away trash and just stick the dirtys in. It also keeps my table cleaner since I am working only on the cutting board.

1. Where can I find a folding table with adjustable height for under $5?

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely to find a folding table with adjustable height for under $5. Most folding tables with adjustable height range from $20-$100, depending on the size and quality.

2. Can you recommend a specific size for a folding table with adjustable height?

The size of the folding table with adjustable height will depend on your specific needs. However, the most common sizes for folding tables are 4 feet and 6 feet in length.

3. Are there any specific features I should look for in a folding table with adjustable height?

Some important features to consider when purchasing a folding table with adjustable height include the weight capacity, stability, and ease of adjusting the height. It is also helpful to look for tables with non-slip feet and a durable surface.

4. Where can I find the best deals on folding tables with adjustable height?

You can often find good deals on folding tables with adjustable height at home improvement stores, office supply stores, and online retailers. It is also worth checking for sales or discounts at these locations.

5. How can I ensure the quality and durability of a folding table with adjustable height?

Before making a purchase, be sure to read reviews and look for tables with a warranty. It is also helpful to check the materials used in the table's construction and to inspect the table for any defects or damages before buying.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahmarie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jessica_momof6
Replies
Views
kreaser
  • Jessica Miller
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies