• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Is Best Time to Move Big Cookie?

When you bake the sugar cookie dough, you should flatten it with a Baker's Roller before baking it on the stone.
its_me_susan
I baked a roll of sugar cookie dough on my stone. Admittedly I think it may be a touch overcooked (though the crumbs I tasted are perfect)... The recipe says to let it cool completely before frosting. I was going to use it tomorrow, so I let it cool alot, and tried to lift it (using the lifters) but it is breaking! *gasp* Thank goodness it's not a show!

When you prepare this at a show, do you transfer it right away while warm and pliable? I thought I would be able to let it cool, wrap it and frost tomorrow.

I'd love it if you'd all please share your experiences with me. Thanks!
Susan

OopsHi, when I do the cookie recipe, I bake for less amount of time and then I make sure that I use a spatula to lift off the stone before it cools and hardens. Then, I cover with foil or saran wrap. Hope that this helps.
Kim

glad it wasn't just me, ha haHi Susan,

I had the same problem when trying to make the Taffy Apple Pizza. I tried lifting the sugar cookie and it crumbled into many many pieces. Luckily it was just a test run, and so I still ate it all messy. I ended up taking it off my show recipe list, because of that experience. Hopefully someone has a solution :confused:

Isabelle

For any recipe that I have done that requires a cookie base, either sugar or chocolate chip, only cook it for the minimum amount of time that is required, remove it from the oven, allow it to cool for 10 minutes (set the timer!) then take your bread knife and slide it underneath the whole cookie to loosen it from the stone. It will still cook a little from the residual heat of the stone. Hope that helps!

large spreaderI do the same, cook for the minimum amount of time, then I use the large spreader to loosen the cookie from the stone. I like how the handle is off set, angled from the spatula blade. :)

When I make any of the recipes with a cookie base, I loosen them with the spreader, but I serve them right on the stone. It's a great way of showing off the stones and the Woven Selections.

Dental FlossI also bake my cookie base for the minimum amount of time, but I loosen my cookie from the stone with dental floss after it has cooled for atleast 10-15 minutes. I think I got that tip from this website awhile back ago. It works very well and I haven't had a problem with my cookie breaking at all. So since then, I've kept an extra roll of floss in my cabinet above my oven! ;)

The Utility Knife also works to losen cookies from your stoneware just slide it under your cookie and around the stoneware and it shouldn't stick. I prefer this method because you can cross-sell the utility knife with your stoneware when you use one of these recipes at your shows.

kitchenqueen said:
I also bake my cookie base for the minimum amount of time, but I loosen my cookie from the stone with dental floss after it has cooled for atleast 10-15 minutes. I think I got that tip from this website awhile back ago. It works very well and I haven't had a problem with my cookie breaking at all. So since then, I've kept an extra roll of floss in my cabinet above my oven! ;)

Wow I LOVE this!!! Thank you to you and EVERYONE else who has offered suggestions here! It was super yummy! Just not pretty. :)

taffy apple pizza recipehelp!!! i don't have the cookbook with the recipe in it.Can somebody post the recipe?Its my 1st party and the host wants the taffy apple pizza.

Under consultants corner, recipes, view featured recipe, it's the taffy apple pizza. Here you go:

Taffy Apple Pizza

Sliced apples, caramel topping and crunchy peanuts top a giant sugar cookie for this Pampered Chef® classic.

Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup peanuts, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of Large Round Stone; flatten slightly. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller®, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely on baking stone.
Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.
Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apple slices in half and arrange evenly over cream cheese mixture.
Microwave ice cream topping on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle evenly over apples. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over apples. Cut into wedges.
Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook’s Tips: Use the Jar Opener to open the jar of caramel ice cream topping with ease.

The Large Spreader is handy for spreading the cream cheese mixture over the cooled cookie. Our Small Spreader works equally well for spreading frosting and thick glazes over baked goods.

Dip apples in lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda or lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.

Add a touch of spice to this dessert pizza by sprinkling ground cinnamon over the apple slices in Step 3 using the Flour/Sugar Shaker.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003
www.pamperedchef.com

I noticed nobody mentioned it, and I can't certify it, as I have never baked a large cookie, but parchment paper? I think that would be a snap to just slide it off the stone like that...Maybe I'll give it a whirl and let y'all know!

speedychef said:
I noticed nobody mentioned it, and I can't certify it, as I have never baked a large cookie, but parchment paper? I think that would be a snap to just slide it off the stone like that...Maybe I'll give it a whirl and let y'all know!

Please do get back to us after you try this!!! :)

1. When is the best time to move a big cookie during baking?

The best time to move a big cookie during baking is when the edges have set but the center is still slightly soft. This is usually around the halfway mark of the recommended baking time.

2. Can I move a big cookie once it has fully baked?

It is not recommended to move a fully baked big cookie as it may break or crumble. It is best to transfer it to a cooling rack using a spatula as soon as it comes out of the oven.

3. How should I move a big cookie without it breaking?

To move a big cookie without breaking it, use a large, flat spatula and slide it carefully underneath the cookie. Support the bottom of the cookie with your other hand while slowly lifting it off the baking sheet.

4. Can I move a big cookie while it is still on the baking sheet?

It is not recommended to move a big cookie while it is still on the baking sheet as it may cause the cookie to break or the baking sheet to warp. It is best to transfer the cookie to a cooling rack before moving it to another surface.

5. Do I need to let a big cookie cool before moving it?

It is important to let a big cookie cool for a few minutes before moving it to prevent it from breaking. However, do not let it cool completely on the baking sheet as it may cause the cookie to stick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• its_me_susan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa/ChefBear