• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Guilty Pleasure Snack?

In summary, Kelly ate everything on her list, but the peanut butter and maple syrup also had marshmallow cream mixed into it too!:o:D
WLMcCoy
My hubby-to-be is at work, I just put my 11 month old little girl to bed, so I snuck into the kitchen and made a Warm Delights Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie and put half a can of whip cream on it. And sat peacefully in the living room and enjoyed every bite. Then I dug through the trash and put the evidence in the bottom where no one will know! :)
I am getting married in 3 weeks and I am so tired of watching what I eat.. It was worth it 100 times over. I had to tell someone ;)
It's my weakness.. I'd like to know everyone else's guilty pleasure. We can just confess to one another!!!

glad you enjoyed your treat! i am on alli now, so no big time splurges like that for me.

my guilty pleasure is 4 episodes of battlestar galactica (thank you netflix), white wine, and popcorn with warm melted butter/marg combo and plenty of salt. oh and grated parm.

Susan - can I PM you about Alli?

Don't worry, it will be our little secret. ;)

Whenever you "sin", at least enjoy it!

I won't tell!! ;)

My new favorite is Dove Dark Chocolate Raspberry Flavored Caramels.

My guilty pleasure isn't sweet....it's the Tostitos w/ Lime. I LOVE those things, and can only buy them if we are sharing them with a group, because I can keep eating them until they are gone!:eek:

I went to Harry and David today and bought peanut butter Moose Munch....bad bad girl! Since I'm confessing - I also bought chocolate covered blueberries, cherries, and strawberries...shame shame shame on me!

I loose it with either Ruffles Potato Chips with French Onion Dip, or Peanut Butter/ Brownie trifle.

pamperedlinda said:
I went to Harry and David today and bought peanut butter Moose Munch....bad bad girl! Since I'm confessing - I also bought chocolate covered blueberries, cherries, and strawberries...shame shame shame on me!

But wait - berries are sooo good for you...and you need the antioxidents in chocolate...and peanut butter is a great source of protein. Linda - you bought all health food!:thumbup:

We all have those moments!

Some of my favorites:

Tostitos GOLD chips and queso or guacamole
Peanut butter and maple syrup mixed together as ice cream topping (need to add salted almonds/pecans to make the sundae complete!)
Jolly Time Kettle Corn...DH can't believe that I will sit and eat the ENTIRE BAG!!
Hot fudge sauce cold...eaten right off the spoon!

ChefBeckyD said:
But wait - berries are sooo good for you...and you need the antioxidents in chocolate...and peanut butter is a great source of protein. Linda - you bought all health food!:thumbup:

Yup....that's what I would say too!

ChefBeckyD said:

Exactly! Just one of the many reasons I love you - you are so logical! :love::p

KellyTheChef said:

Some of my favorites:

Tostitos GOLD chips and queso or guacamolePeanut butter and maple syrup mixed together as ice cream topping (need to add salted almonds/pecans to make the sundae complete!)
Jolly Time Kettle Corn...DH can't believe that I will sit and eat the ENTIRE BAG!!

Kelly! We may be long lost sisters! While DH was gone last week....I ate every single one of the things on your list!

But - the peanut butter and maple syrup also had marshmallow cream mixed into it too!:eek::D

pamperedlinda said:
Exactly! Just one of the many reasons I love you - you are so logical! :love::p

Yep, that's me! Just call me Logical Becky!:D

HD chocolate Ice cream. I love getting the pint out after a hard day and the kids are in bed. I can make that pint last for 3 nights.

WLMcCoy said:
My hubby-to-be is at work, I just put my 11 month old little girl to bed, so I snuck into the kitchen and made a Warm Delights Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie and put half a can of whip cream on it. And sat peacefully in the living room and enjoyed every bite. Then I dug through the trash and put the evidence in the bottom where no one will know! :)
I am getting married in 3 weeks and I am so tired of watching what I eat.. It was worth it 100 times over. I had to tell someone ;)
It's my weakness.. I'd like to know everyone else's guilty pleasure. We can just confess to one another!!!

Sounds good but aren't you feeling a little ill now??

I'm a white chocolate girl myself, but can never ever pass up a cookie!

I think I just gained 10 pounds listening!!!!:D

rennea said:
Sounds good but aren't you feeling a little ill now??

I'm a white chocolate girl myself, but can never ever pass up a cookie!

Oh no, I'm not sick.. I am a self proclaimed chocoholic.. But admitting the problem is the first step, right?

KellyTheChef said:

Some of my favorites:

Tostitos GOLD chips and queso or guacamole
Peanut butter and maple syrup mixed together as ice cream topping (need to add salted almonds/pecans to make the sundae complete!)

Peanut Butter and maple syrup on ice cream? I HAVE to try that.. hubby2be is on the way home.. But there is always after he is in bed!!!

I also can't pass up an iced coffee.. :) YUM!

ChefBeckyD said:
Kelly! We may be long lost sisters! While DH was gone last week....I ate every single one of the things on your list!

But - the peanut butter and maple syrup also had marshmallow cream mixed into it too!:eek::D

Becky...I will have to try that one sometime!

I don't think I have ever known someone else (other than my Mom, who taught me this!) that mixed those together like that. She would also do PB and chocolate syrup sometimes, but the maple/PB is THE BEST!!

It's good on pancakes and waffles too!! (um, or straight out of the bowl...:eek:)

i found this...thought it would help everyone's guilt

little known Chocolate facts:

Chocolate is derived from cacao beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar CANE or sugar BEETS. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.

To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy product. So candy bars are a health food.

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit; so eat as many as you want.

If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.

Problem: How to get 2 pounds of chocolate home from the store in a hot car. The solution: Eat it in the parking lot.

Diet tip: Eat a chocolate bar before each meal. It'll take the edge off your appetite, and you'll eat less.

If calories are an issue, store your chocolate on top of the fridge. Calories are afraid of heights, and they will jump out of the chocolate to protect themselves. (We're testing this with other snack foods as well.)

If I eat equal amounts of dark chocolate and white chocolate, is that a balanced diet? Don't they actually counteract each other?

Chocolate has many preservatives. Preservatives make you look younger. Therefore, you need to eat more chocolate.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

A nice box of chocolates can provide your total daily intake of calories in one place. Now, isn't that handy?

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

If not for chocolate, there would be no need for control top pantyhose. An entire garment industry would be devastated. You can't let that happen, can you?

NEWS FLASH: "Stressed" spelled backward is "desserts." So, to reverse being "stressed" . . . CHOCOLATE!!!

KellyTheChef said:
Becky...I will have to try that one sometime!

I don't think I have ever known someone else (other than my Mom, who taught me this!) that mixed those together like that. She would also do PB and chocolate syrup sometimes, but the maple/PB is THE BEST!!

It's good on pancakes and waffles too!! (um, or straight out of the bowl...:eek:)

I had it first at an Amish restaurant - The Essenhaus Inn. They call it Amish Peanut Butter, and it's on every table to use on toast, pancakes, dinner rolls, etc...

We eat it on all kinds of stuff - I also let DS use it as a dip for bananas and apples. I've never tried the salted nuts on top of the sundae....I KNOW I would love that. I still have some left from last week, maybe I'll have some tonight!

reading all of this is making my mouth water, I like a brownie a la mode! hot brownie, cool icecream and caramel yummmO

Well, since graduating from The Lord's Table at www.settingcaptivesfree.com, I don't overindulge any longer. However, I do still indulge, and my favorite is chocolate milk with LOTS of syrup.

Have you all tried the new peppermint patty cookies in the F/W SBRC? We had them at our cluster meeting on Monday. York Peppermint Patties are my all time favorite, so I can definitely see this being an indulgence during the holidays! I'm also looking for an excuse to make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies (hmmm, maybe tomorrow for my Ladies' Group!). Haven't tried them, yet, but they look so good!

kisrae said:
HD chocolate Ice cream. I love getting the pint out after a hard day and the kids are in bed. I can make that pint last for 3 nights.

The fact that you can make that pint last 3 nights makes you a saint. I can barely make it last 3 minutes.

I've made the new Peppermint Fudge Sandwich Cookies for my last few shows. Big hit!I'm with Keith. Those pints say they feed 4 people. I've never met the other 3. LOL!And, of course chocolate is a vegetable. I once had a host confess that she had eaten an entire box of chocolate covered cherries for dinner. I asked her if they were dark or milk chocolate. They were milk. I told her that was great, it meant she had had a serving of dairy. Chocolate is a vegetable. Cherries are a fruit. If she'd added corn chips, she'd have had all four food groups. ;) She told me I'm her favorite person ever!

Rae...you are one of my favorite persons ever too!

The feeling's mutual, Kelly. ;)

I eat junk all the time (almost every night) when my family is in bed. Yes, I hide wrappers so my kids don't see them, but I tell my dh if I feel really bad about it. I'm paying dearly for it. I need to lose at least 15 pounds right now. Lately I've been using the Hershey chocolate bars that we have for s'mores and dipping them in peanut butter. Mind you that this is after family is in bed, so it's 10 pm at night. No wonder I don't get to bed much before 12 am. BUT, up at 7 am to exercise. Must stop this nonsense!

ChefBeckyD said:

Becky, doesn't marshmallow cream have high fructose syrup in it? Or have you found that at the health food store too?

JAE said:
Becky, doesn't marshmallow cream have high fructose syrup in it? Or have you found that at the health food store too?

:eek::eek::eek:

LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
I had it first at an Amish restaurant - The Essenhaus Inn. They call it Amish Peanut Butter, and it's on every table to use on toast, pancakes, dinner rolls, etc...

We eat it on all kinds of stuff - I also let DS use it as a dip for bananas and apples. I've never tried the salted nuts on top of the sundae....I KNOW I would love that. I still have some left from last week, maybe I'll have some tonight!

Ahhhh....now I get it!

I thought my concoction was what they used on the tables...but "whipped" a bit more. The marshmallow cream would make sense then!

Great...I can just go and add MORE calories to that stuff!! lol

...must.... go.... add..... marsh. cream to my grocery list now, thanks!:eek:

JAE said:
Back Off Woman! :)D:p:D)

This is a thread about guilty pleasures!

I could eat a whole pan of my lemon bars, or 6 of my Cranberry Oatmeal cookies in one sitting. I also have a weakness for fudgesicles, but I'm really sick the next day if I eat them.

I love my chili con queso recipe with Tortilla chips
I love cheesy popcorn and carmel corn
And I LOVE twinkies... but since they don't taste as yummy as when I was a kid- I don't eat them as much... Oh, and those little hostess powdered sugar donuts- yes, I could eat an entire bag in two days... very naughty for me!!!

JAE said:
I eat junk all the time (almost every night) when my family is in bed. Yes, I hide wrappers so my kids don't see them, but I tell my dh if I feel really bad about it. I'm paying dearly for it. I need to lose at least 15 pounds right now. Lately I've been using the Hershey chocolate bars that we have for s'mores and dipping them in peanut butter. Mind you that this is after family is in bed, so it's 10 pm at night. No wonder I don't get to bed much before 12 am. BUT, up at 7 am to exercise. Must stop this nonsense!

I knew someone once who dipped oreos in peanut butter - - when she was pregnant . . .

pampchefsarah said:
Well, since graduating from The Lord's Table at www.settingcaptivesfree.com, I don't overindulge any longer. However, I do still indulge, and my favorite is chocolate milk with LOTS of syrup.

QUOTE]

Sarah, I hadn't heard of this website. Thanks for the info. And congratulations!

pampchefsarah said:
I knew someone once who dipped oreos in peanut butter - - when she was pregnant . . .

I don't have that as an excuse, but I am PMS'ing.

ChefBeckyD said:
Back Off Woman! :)D:p:D)

This is a thread about guilty pleasures!
Are you PMS'ing too? Sheesh! :)

My guilty pleasure here lately is PB no-bakes. MMMMMMM!!!! I am not a person that goes for sweets but here lately...I have wanted them. I can't wait for the taffy-apple tartlets that I am making for tomorrow night.
However, I can go through a BOX (6pks) of 100 calorie packs of Mr. Salty's in a day...I LOVE THEM!!!!!

I LOVE the oatmeal chocolate no-bake cookies...oh my goodness, they're good. We used to call them frogs when I was little and made them with my grammie. :)

I stopped off at the grocery store on my way home from my Host Club meeting tonight to pick up milk for the kids...and oh, I just HAD to pick up ice cream because it was on sale. Then DH and I put on a movie and I made fresh Triple Chunk Chocolate brownies and topped mine with a scoop of Edy's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ice cream. I watched a friend's daughter today and she was crankier than usual, so I feel like I earned the opportunity to splurge!!!

Back to the original post...I feel like it's justified when you hide the evidence. Not only do you protect yourself...you don't want to hurt the feelings of whoever missed out on snacktime!!! :)

susanr613 said:
glad you enjoyed your treat! i am on alli now, so no big time splurges like that for me.
so how does alli work and does it work?

Katie, we called those Dog Doo cookies when I was a kid. Heck, we call them that now. LOL!

Chocolate PB no bakes were my mom's favorite cookies...they remind me of her each time I eat or make them... :)

I was just thinking about making some Choc PB no bakes!

Of course, I consider them health food (hush your mouth JAE!) - You have chocolate (again, antioxidents up the wazoo!), peanut butter (good source of protein.) and Oatmeal (fiber...and because it's great for your cholesterol level, it cancels out the copious amounts of butter!)

LOL.... I've gotten a kick out of this tread...

I have to admit.. I eat Ice cream maybe 2-3 times a year and normally that is within a 2-3 day span. As for Chocolate, maybe once a month I grab a snickers or a reese PB Cup.

Now anyone whip out a pan of Brownies... I usually eat just 2-3 pieces from the pan.. but then again depends on how many pieces I cut it into.. :)

pampchefsarah said:
I love oreos & peanut butter!!

...i love anything chocolate and peanut butter ---which is why i cannot wait to make Janet's Trifle---but I have to be going someplace to take it because if I know me, I will eat the entire thing little by little each day til its gone---LOL.

I love something sweet after dinner like Turkey Hill Duetto or their Frozen Yogurt (tastes just like ice cream!)

I'm hungry. I think the only chocolate I have in the house is chocolate chips. I guess they will do.

There was a can of chocolate frosting in the fridge the other day leftover from my nieces birthday in May. I ate 3 heaping spoonfuls and threw the rest away before I ate it all!

I could seriously eat a whole can of chocolate frosting without blinking!

<h2>1. What are some popular guilty pleasure snacks?</h2><p>Some popular guilty pleasure snacks include chips, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, and candy.</p><h2>2. How do you make a Warm Delights Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie?</h2><p>To make a Warm Delights Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie, follow these steps:</p><ul> <li>Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).</li> <li>Grease a small baking dish or ramekin.</li> <li>In a separate bowl, mix together the brownie mix, water, and oil.</li> <li>Pour the batter into the greased dish.</li> <li>Drop a tablespoon of peanut butter on top of the batter and swirl it in with a knife.</li> <li>Bake for 18-20 minutes.</li> <li>Let cool for a few minutes, then top with whipped cream and enjoy!</li></ul><h2>3. How do you make whipped cream?</h2><p>To make whipped cream, you will need heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Follow these steps:</p><ul> <li>In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until it starts to thicken.</li> <li>Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.</li> <li>Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.</li></ul><h2>4. How can I resist my guilty pleasure snacks?</h2><p>It can be difficult to resist guilty pleasure snacks, especially when they are easily accessible. One way to resist is to plan out your meals and snacks ahead of time and stick to healthier options. You can also try distracting yourself with a different activity or reaching for a healthier alternative when cravings strike. Remember to also practice moderation and allow yourself to enjoy your guilty pleasure snack in moderation.</p><h2>5. What are some healthy alternatives to guilty pleasure snacks?</h2><p>Some healthy alternatives to guilty pleasure snacks include fruits, vegetables with dip, air-popped popcorn, whole grain crackers with hummus, Greek yogurt with fruit, and homemade energy balls or bars. These options still satisfy cravings but are lower in calories and higher in nutrients.</p>

1. What are some popular guilty pleasure snacks?

Some popular guilty pleasure snacks include chips, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, and candy.

2. How do you make a Warm Delights Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie?

To make a Warm Delights Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie, follow these steps:

• Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  • Grease a small baking dish or ramekin.
  • In a separate bowl, mix together the brownie mix, water, and oil.
  • Pour the batter into the greased dish.
  • Drop a tablespoon of peanut butter on top of the batter and swirl it in with a knife.
  • Bake for 18-20 minutes.
  • Let cool for a few minutes, then top with whipped cream and enjoy!

3. How do you make whipped cream?

To make whipped cream, you will need heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Follow these steps:

• In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer until it starts to thicken.
  • Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
  • Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.

4. How can I resist my guilty pleasure snacks?

It can be difficult to resist guilty pleasure snacks, especially when they are easily accessible. One way to resist is to plan out your meals and snacks ahead of time and stick to healthier options. You can also try distracting yourself with a different activity or reaching for a healthier alternative when cravings strike. Remember to also practice moderation and allow yourself to enjoy your guilty pleasure snack in moderation.

5. What are some healthy alternatives to guilty pleasure snacks?

Some healthy alternatives to guilty pleasure snacks include fruits, vegetables with dip, air-popped popcorn, whole grain crackers with hummus, Greek yogurt with fruit, and homemade energy balls or bars. These options still satisfy cravings but are lower in calories and higher in nutrients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • krzymomof4