• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's on the menu for Spring/Summer? New recipe ideas every 6 months!

No, I only write off one trip. I usually test recipes with what I can get at home, so I typically don't need to go to the store.
pkd09
Silver Member
Does anyone else get excited about seeing the new recipes that come out every 6 months? I know some are repeats but I love seeing what new will be out to try.

I love the Season's Best cookbooks...and seriously, for $1 how can you not get one???

Yes! I change recipes every 6 months to go with the SB. Cannot wait to see what is out there. I might see if I can get a sneak peak from some attending Spring Launch on Saturday so I can try some out for our Super Bowl party. I really don't like how we only get 2 weeks to plan for the new season though!

wadesgirl said:
Yes! I change recipes every 6 months to go with the SB. Cannot wait to see what is out there. I might see if I can get a sneak peak from some attending Spring Launch on Saturday so I can try some out for our Super Bowl party. I really don't like how we only get 2 weeks to plan for the new season though!

Maybe we should suggest that they give out a SB to each attendee at the Spring Launch meeting. I like to have the recipes more than 2 weeks ahead of time too! I think I will send PC a message on that thought:p

I'm more excited about some seasons than others, but I love getting the newest SBRC.

I think they do give a SB at Launch along with the mini catalogs.

That's one of the reasons I love this business. I love trying new recipes and t's tax deductible.

Yes last year they did give one!

skaugchef said:
That's one of the reasons I love this business. I love trying new recipes and t's tax deductible.

Only if you are serving the recipe to customers or team members. The days of writing off your groceries by 'testing' recipes are over. It is a HUGE audit red flag. The Obama Adminstration hired a bunch of new auditors for this season who are just looking for red flags in the Direct Selling Industry.

Check with your tax preparer...it's ultimately up to you as to how 'aggressive' you want to be with deductions.

DebinIA said:
Only if you are serving the recipe to customers or team members. The days of writing off your groceries by 'testing' recipes are over. It is a HUGE audit red flag. The Obama Adminstration hired a bunch of new auditors for this season who are just looking for red flags in the Direct Selling Industry.

Check with your tax preparer...it's ultimately up to you as to how 'aggressive' you want to be with deductions.

That was one of those I didn't take myself either. "Testing a recipe". A consultant I know said she basically takes all of her grocery bills because she's "testing recipes". Yikes. May have to delicately warn her...if she'll even listen.

I never take food as a deduction unless I am taking it to a meeting or show.

the accountant who works with our cluster told us we can still write off testing BUT made it perfectly clear that you cannot write off all of your groceries. I generally don't write off a lot of groceries, but I will every six months write off ONE grocery shopping trip as this would be reasonable for testing purposes.

The red flags come when you change drastically what you have been doing most of the time. I am NOT advocating writing off all of you groceries as that is dishonest. It is reasonable to test the new recipes though.

pkd09 said:
Does anyone else get excited about seeing the new recipes that come out every 6 months? I know some are repeats but I love seeing what new will be out to try.

YES! Sometimes I don't know if I am more impatient to find out the products or the recipes! But, yes, I REALLY look forward to seeing the SB and the new themes.

Recipe practice is still a valid business expense.
Writing off all the grocery bills, no! That would be a pretty large amount and an audit flag, I agree.

edit - not to mention dishonest, as jane pointed out

The new SB is probably the first thing I look at in my changeover box!

I make one specific shopping trip for just the groceries needed for practice. I save the receipt and write the hosts name and show number on it. It goes in that shows file. And I do this meal for us with in 2 weeks of the show.

Related to What's on the menu for Spring/Summer? New recipe ideas every 6 months!

1. What is "Spring/Summer Seasons Best"?

"Spring/Summer Seasons Best" is a collection of new and seasonal products from Pampered Chef that are perfect for the warmer months. These products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

2. How often do new products come out in the "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" collection?

New products are released in the "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" collection once a year, typically in the spring.

3. Can I still purchase products from the "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" collection after the season is over?

Yes, while some seasonal items may sell out quickly, many products from the "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" collection will still be available for purchase even after the season has ended.

4. Are the products in the "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" collection dishwasher safe?

Many of the products in the "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" collection are dishwasher safe, but it is always recommended to check the specific product's care instructions before placing it in the dishwasher.

5. Can I earn free products by hosting a "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" party?

Yes, by hosting a "Spring/Summer Seasons Best" party, you can earn free products and discounts based on the total sales from your party. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more details on hosting a party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • A Pampered Kitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara