• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's My Next Big Demo? Join Me in the Excitement!

In summary, a phone call was received from home office inviting the author to a show to observe and demo their favorite recipes. The author is undecided on what to demo, but is excited to attend and learn more about how to serve as a consultant.
mrssyvo
I just got a phone call from home office. I only live about 3 miles from home office. Someone from there called me, and invited me to come do my show for them. There will be about 25 -30 people from test kitchen and product / show development there to observe. It is not until the end of the month, but I am already nausious (sp?) She had called me a couple months ago, but my life was too crazy then, and I passed, but asked her to keep me in mind for later. Now I need to decide what to demo. Any suggestions?

Congrats! What are some recipes that you feel REALLY comfortable with?

That is great! I would do whatever is your personal favorite to demo b/c that will be what you are most comfortable doing.

What an honor! I'm sure you will do just fine. I agree with the others do something you are really comfortable with.

How about an old/new show? Old classic recipe with new products or a new twist?

Many who work there may not know the old recipes and working in the test kitchen it'd be interesting for them to maybe see?

That's great! Congrats!

You'll do fine - just think of them as guests at your show.

That is so awesome!!! Congrats!!! I like the old/new show idea. Please keep us in the loop. I wanna know how it goes!

I just got an e-mail from the lady who called- she said the purpose of the show is to familiarize our new employees on show presentation along with providing our product development and test kitchen team's awareness on how they can better serve the consultant.

Sounds like where they got the idea that we needed the quick show recipes. :)

That is awesome! I am glad to hear they do that kind of thing as training. Just a dumb question, doesn't all home office employees have to be a consultant? Or is that just higher ones?

You are going to do an awesome job and please let us know what you decide to do.

The sales staff has to be a consultant for a while to get a feel for life behind the apron.

Other HO staff are not allowed to be consultants.

OMG how exciting!

Wow! I would be totally freaking out and nauseous too!

Just remember how they are looking at you...not to poke funnies and make you feel bad...but to learn how to serve you as a consultant!

When I get nervous at a show, I try to think of what's going through my mind when I am observing someone elses show. As a guest, I am there to relax and visit with friends...not usually even thinking about what the consultant is doing!

That is such an honor! Keep us posted!

Congrats to you! I'm so excited for you. I know that you'll do great!

Wow! That is great - I am sure that you will do great!

I just got another E-mail from the test kitchen, wanting to know what I will be making. Hello....You just called me, give me a minute, ok???? I am thinking about the new brie recipe, it does not have to bake long, and it looks great- If I try one I feel comfortable with, it would be Italian Pasta Stir-fry with garlic bites (cookware, baby) but then I remembered that they are not buying, so I think I will go with easy.

I don't know- if they truly want the full "show" demo, and you would usually do 2, then do 2!

I do not do 2 recipes, I only do 1, unless I am doing the garlic bits to go with the stir-fry. Really, that is the only time I do 2, just because they taste so good with them.

Congratulations! Don't let your nerves get the best of you. They're friendly people. They aren't critiquing you. They're gaining experience.

wow, that is exciting! I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes! I loved my class at conference, the test kitchens cook. They were super nice people:)

What a cool opportunity! I'm sure you will do a wonderful job. Do a really familiar recipe if you are nervous; no need to worry about flubbing up that way. The brie really tastes great, although it was hard to eat with just the bread. We needed utensils to scoop it up :) But, oooh, I love the new brownies!!! So, far that's my new Season Favorite. And, it's easy to make.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

That's so cool!!! That will be a ton of fun. I had someone contact me from the test kitchens a couple years ago asking to come to one of my shows. It didn't really make me too nervous...once you get started, you'll be cruising along in your usual routine, so don't think about it too much. So, if Lisa Vargas is there, say hi for me!!:) That's who came to mine. She's been featured/pictured in the Consultant News from time to time.

Just relax and have fun!! And I'm sure they'll be a good, attentive crowd. You can do it!

Thank you all for your encouraging words. I had a hard time sleeping last night, because I am trying to decide which recipe to demo- and they need to know pretty soon. They want me to limit it to 60 minutes, so I do not want to do something I need to bake. I was thinking of my Peanut Butter trifle, because I made it all Summer, and very comfortable with it, and I can talk about stoneware, trifle bowl, cutlery, and then do the ice cube demo in the pan. BUT, I am also thinking about a new recipe, because it would force me to try it out before hand.

If it were me, I'd stick with something you're really comfortable with. Sure, you can try out a new recipe beforehand, but will you have a chance to demonstrate it 3-4 times? That's what really gets it locked into your brain and muscle memory.

Ann, so true. I think the peanut butter trifle it is.

Congrats...that is so cool! You will do great!

Wow, what an honor. Good luck!!! STAY CALM!!! You will do great. Keep us posted.

SO?!? How did it go?

I wanted to know too.

I don't know why this thread popped into my head this morning on the way to work, but I really want to know how it went. Were the HO staff a good audience? Did they have a lot of questions? Did they offer suggestions for your presentation?

Did they give you a goodie baskets of NEW SPRING products :)

It is very cool to think they would do that to help us better! Now that is smart corporate thinking!!

I thought she said it was at the end of this month, which would mean the end of August, right?

I'd like the recipe for the peanut butter trifle!! I think I'll search for that one :)

I survived!!!!Well, I had my show at the home office this afternoon, and it went really well. I have had a knot in my stomach for 2 days, and did not sleep much last night, but I did survive. Everyone there was SO MUCH FUN!!! and it was great to talk with them all, outside of my "show" There were about 30 there, new "co-workers", the team from the test kitchen, and product and recipe development. probably 25 woman and 5 men. Once I got started, I was no longer nervous, and just treated it like all of my shows. I had a hostess, and gave tickets away, door prize slips, etc, and guess what --- I even GOT A BOOKING!!!! Can you believe that??? !!!???? Everyone loved the trifle, and even though I did not use cookware, I did the ice cube demo, and they were so impressed with it. I do not think any of them had seen it. They thought I was so funny, and they told me I do a very entertaining show. My "show" only took about 45 minutes, and then they asked questions for about 15 minutes- they were very interesting questions, such as how do I feel about recruiting? Why do I think I have inactive consultants. What is the best part of being a consultant, and the worst, and what type of shows do I do, what is my favorite Fall product, and how do I think the products will impact my selling season.and some more along that line. They were all so helpful, and all appreciative that I would come in and do a show for them. And they gave me this really cool cooler, on wheels, it looks like a piece of carry-one luggage, but it is a soft side cooler, with the PC logo on it.

Sorry, I meant to attach the recipe I did- Here it is- They DEVOURED IT !!! I thought they would be licking the trifle bowl

Attachments

• Peanut Butter Trifle.doc
    20 KB · Views: 353
Sue! That IS SO awesome!!! Yay for you!!!

Congrats! Glad to hear it went well! and to get a booking... awesome!!! You should totally take and post a pic of the cooler... it sounds great!!

How cool! I'm glad it went well!

mrssyvo said:
Sorry, I meant to attach the recipe I did- Here it is- They DEVOURED IT !!! I thought they would be licking the trifle bowl
Sounds delicious, thanks for sharing. I'd probably be licking the bowl too!

mrssyvo said:

That is practically identical to my recipe...

Yes, they always devour it all............

That's awesome! Way to go!

Congrats on surviving and getting a booking!!!:D Was it weird to not take orders at the end of the show?

The cooler sounds really cool! Please take a pic!!:D

Congrats on having a great show and even a booking from HO. :)

I missed that in her paragraph - booking from HO - too cool!

I was thinking about you recently and am glad you let us know how it went.

That is so awesome you got a booking. I am curious if you did the show with sales or was it strickly demo? (sorry if this is too nosey, but just curious if they were good buyers if you did sales).

It sounds like a great experience for you as well as them.

It was no sales, just doing my show as if it was a kitchen show. That is why I was so surprised about the booking. It was an added bonus.

How wonderful! Congrats!

Thanks for updating us! Sounds like it was tons of fun. And thanks for the recipe--it sounds yummy:thumbup:

I am so glad that everything went well for you and Thank you SOOOO Much for the yummy recipe I can't wait to try it.

I don't know how I missed this! I had been waiting and waiting for the update and then when you posted it, I missed it! ARGH!
Congrats on a show well done - how exciting! And I lvoe that they gave you the cooler - you KNOW they wouldn't have sent you home empty-handed...Pampered Chef is too classy for that. You must feel like a million bucks!
Oh, and PS - I can't wait to try out the Peanut Butter Trifle!

Related to What's My Next Big Demo? Join Me in the Excitement!

1. What type of products should I focus on for my next big demo?

For your demo, it's best to focus on a variety of products that showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef. Consider incorporating items from different categories, such as cookware, bakeware, and kitchen tools, to appeal to a wider audience.

2. How can I make my demo stand out and be more exciting?

To make your demo more exciting, try incorporating interactive elements such as games or challenges using Pampered Chef products. You can also consider creating themed presentations or incorporating new, seasonal products to keep things fresh and engaging.

3. What are some tips for preparing for a demo in front of a large group?

Practice, practice, practice! Rehearse your demo ahead of time to ensure you are comfortable and confident with the products and their features. It's also important to engage with your audience and make eye contact to keep their attention. And don't forget to have fun!

4. How can I make sure my demo appeals to both experienced and new Pampered Chef customers?

One way to appeal to both experienced and new customers is to showcase the versatility of Pampered Chef products. Show how they can be used for different types of cooking and in various recipes. You can also offer tips and tricks for using the products effectively.

5. What are some ideas for a successful demo for a group of Pampered Chef employees?

Consider tailoring your demo to showcase products that are popular among Pampered Chef employees, such as quick and easy meal solutions or products that can save time in the kitchen. You can also incorporate team-building activities or challenges using Pampered Chef products to make the demo more interactive and engaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies