• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to do with leftover mango puree from Mango Margaritas?

In summary, "The Leftover Mango Goop" is a versatile sauce made with fresh mangoes, lime juice, and a blend of herbs and spices. It can last up to a week in the fridge when stored in an airtight container and can be frozen for up to 3 months. It pairs well with grilled meats, salads, sandwiches, and as a dip for vegetables or chips. Additionally, it is gluten-free and free of any artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors.
sandilou
Silver Member
Does anyone have any great ideas to what to do with the leftover mango puree after you get all the juice out when making the Mango Margaritas. It just seems too delicious to toss out!

Sandi

smoothies????? hehe!

I've had 2 parties where a guest says -- you're not gonna throw that OUT are ya?!?! :eek: So the host gets a ziplock and gives it to them. No one ever asked what they were gonna DO with it!

Sandi

my daughter eats it with a spoon!

You can freeze it in ice cube containers and make mango pops, too!

AmyDare said:
You can freeze it in ice cube containers and make mango pops, too!

I grew up in Hawaii, where mangoes were almost like zucchini--EVERYWHERE!--and people made things like mango bread.

Sooo it occurs to me--mix it into the batter for the pineapple upside down cake!
Or--use it to make a glaze for a pound cake.

mmmm my mouth is watering already. I like regular margaritas, but I'd make the mango ones for a show....

Marghi

You could even mix it into yogurt or put it on ice cream!

I just use finely chop the mango and throw it into the margaritas. I made them for a friend and was about to throw it out, and my friend was like, just put it in there, I thought it was good. I get better results with frozen mango instead of fresh, more juice comes out. The first time I made them, I used fresh and hardly any juice came out!! So I just skip the step about putting in the strainer and pressing with the spoon, I just put it all in the QSP and plunge away!! So good that way!!

1. What exactly is "the Leftover Mango Goop"?

"The Leftover Mango Goop" is a versatile sauce that can be used as a marinade, dipping sauce, or dressing. It is made with fresh mangoes, lime juice, and a blend of herbs and spices.

2. How long does "the Leftover Mango Goop" last in the fridge?

When stored in an airtight container, "the Leftover Mango Goop" can last up to a week in the fridge. We recommend consuming it within 3-4 days for best quality and flavor.

3. Can "the Leftover Mango Goop" be frozen?

Yes, "the Leftover Mango Goop" can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw it in the fridge before using.

4. What dishes pair well with "the Leftover Mango Goop"?

"The Leftover Mango Goop" is a great complement to grilled meats like chicken, pork, or shrimp. It also goes well with salads, sandwiches, and as a dip for vegetables or chips.

5. Is "the Leftover Mango Goop" gluten-free?

Yes, "the Leftover Mango Goop" is gluten-free. It is also free of any artificial flavors, preservatives, or colors, making it a healthy and delicious option for all dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • Chefcouts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies