• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Handle a Guest's Repeatedly Declined Credit Card for an Order?

In summary, the speaker submitted a show on Sunday night and received an email on Monday afternoon. They re-ran the card for the order but it was declined. They then spoke to the guest who explained that she had transferred money from her savings, but the card was somehow charged again without their knowledge. The speaker called the company and was told they would manually debit the account in 2 days, but the debit was attempted again on Tuesday and declined. The speaker is now considering running their own personal card and having the guest pay them back, but is worried about the guest canceling their order. They are also concerned about losing benefits and PC dollars if the show does not close. They consider holding the guest's order until they receive payment,
kristyjab
Submitted show Sunday night, got the email Monday early afternoon. Re-ran card via 1 888#. DECLINED! I talked to the guest and she told me she had just moved $$$ over from her savings, etc. Somehow from that time the card was ran again and I have no idea how. I called HO again and they told me they would manually debit the account in 2 days. So I call this afternoon (now Tuesday) and the debit was attempted again but DECLINED again... So we very responsive and apologetic yesterday and today Ive called her 2x and no call back. So now her CC has been ran a total of 4 times. I am thinking about debiting it again Friday AM (if they can?) because I am sure she gets paid at her job on the 15th, she works at NASA.

The reason why I am so worried about it that show was just barely over $150 and her order was for $58 of it. Yesterday was my 30th day as a new consultant, and without that show I am $30 shy of $1250 and I am lacking a 4th show leaving me without $200 PC dollars... I am almost tempted to run my own personal debit card and have her get me a money order. But I have a feeling I would be waiting on that.

What happens if she cancels out her order? The host will lose her benefits or can she replace that order even though its been submitted? I am getting a tad stressed about this now... Please advise. Thanks!

Man that is a bummer, and very frustrating !! i know how much you want this show to close for your 1250 to count in the 30 days.. but be careful .. if you use your card you might me out her order (if she cancels) and out to fit the bill.. who's to say that she will repay u...

Sorry to hear that is happening to you.. sending my prayers up 4 u ...

Great job !!! in your 1st 30 days :)

I would probably pay for it myself, but have the order shipped to me, package everything up for the host, but let her know that you are holding that ladies order per a different method of payment due to a problem with PC processing her card. You don't have to say that its being declined due to insufficent funds, just do a not sure what happening, but that she is aware of it. Don't give her the products til she produces a mo or cash. Your host will still get the benefits, you'll get your extra benefits, and if she doesn't pay up, then you've got some additional product to use how ever you want to!

candiejayne said:
I would probably pay for it myself, but have the order shipped to me, package everything up for the host, but let her know that you are holding that ladies order per a different method of payment due to a problem with PC processing her card. You don't have to say that its being declined due to insufficent funds, just do a not sure what happening, but that she is aware of it. Don't give her the products til she produces a mo or cash. Your host will still get the benefits, you'll get your extra benefits, and if she doesn't pay up, then you've got some additional product to use how ever you want to!

I totally agree. Sorry you are having to go through this. The only good thing about this is that you will know how to handle this if it should ever come up again and of course keep notes in case you have to deal with her again that you want cash from her only.

Until you get the payment resolved the show will not get shipped btw.

Good luck with this and your PC business!:)

candiejayne said:

I am pretty good friends with the host so if I ask her not pass along the the 3 products she wouldnt... I am going to give it until Friday to debit again and then if not I will fork the bill. I figure it I pay the $67.99 I will get $200 FREE and give the stoneware and accent decorator as a gift for the holidays or donate it for a silent auction and use it as a tax write off. I will lose all 30 day benefits if the card doesnt go thru. Keep yalls fingers crossed.

1. Why is my credit card being declined 4 times?

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be due to insufficient funds in your account, an expired or cancelled credit card, or your bank may have put a temporary hold on your card for security reasons. It's best to contact your bank or credit card company for more information.

2. Can I use a different credit card to complete my purchase?

Yes, you can try using a different credit card to see if the payment will go through. If you continue to experience issues, it's best to contact your bank or credit card company for assistance.

3. Will my order still be processed even though my credit card was declined 4 times?

If your credit card was declined, your order will not be processed and you will not be charged. You can try using a different payment method or contact us for further assistance.

4. Can I pay with a debit card instead of a credit card?

Yes, you can use a debit card for your purchase. However, please make sure that your card has enough funds and is not expired.

5. How can I avoid my credit card being declined in the future?

To avoid your credit card being declined, make sure that you have enough funds and your card is not expired. You can also contact your bank or credit card company to let them know about your intended purchase to prevent any potential holds on your card.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• redsoxgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam