• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should first-time cruisers know before setting sail on Majesty?

and a pajama night. At which point I decided that when I'm elected president, every night will be pajama night....
PartiesbyJamie
Silver Member
My husband & I will be sailing on Majesty & it's a first time cruise for both. Any advice for us? medications to take? things to pack? do most men wear tux or suit for formal night?

DON'T BUY all the photos in the beginning they take photos during the whole cruise and it adds up fast they will not throw them away (I'm still trying to convince my husband of that & we've taken 4 cruises) & have ooodles of 8 x 10 photos

Bring munchies with you (we paid $5 for a pringles can! 5 years ago!) I bring easy stuff like granola bars and 100 calorie packs. You just might want a little something in between meals.

Also bring various meds with you --- you never know what you will need. I always had tylenol and imodium, and motion sickness pills.

Men can wear suits and ties.

Buy bonine or dramamne at Wal-Mart and NOT on the ship. Your dh can wear a button down shirt and tie for dinner but most men will have a jacket on as well. Bring the snacks while you're on the islands but there is a TON of food on the ship. You can eat the WHOLE time. You'll come back expecting somebody to cook for you!!

Have fun on the Majesty, I'll be on the Sovereign!

My husband always wore a tux on formal night. You can pre-order one before the cruise, and have it delivered to your room. We've done this quite a few times. Usually, if you go to the cruise ships website they will have a link for the rental company.

Yes bring any meds you think you may need , its very expensive if you need to buy it even tums Dh s wearing a suit not a tux I have a new black dress cause (I lost 25 pounds for this) We have been on 3 other ships don't bring food you will not need it SEE YOU IN A FEW WEEK !!!!!

when we've been on excursions off the ship either lunches were provided or they had an area before getting off where you could pick up fruits or munchies.

thank you all so much!!! I'm planning on bringing meds for every possibility - I ALWAYS get sick on vacations no matter where we go! Has anyone tried the bonine vs sea bands?? My husband owns a tux so he could bring it - i just didn't want him to be the exception if most men just wear suits. I have a ****tail length dress, not a gown for formal night. I can't imagine packing food to go on a cruise - I always hear about so much food. My BIL gained 11 lbs on their honeymoon cruise! See you all there!!! I can't wait!!

I've done sea bands -- they work well (great for "morning" sickness, too).On formal nights, most men are in dark suits -- some (a good number) in tuxes.One thing to take -- bottled water. Then you have H2O when you are in port / on excursions.My best advice -- eat in the dining room. Great breakfast. Great lunches. People tend to think of the dining room only for dinner, but it is often just as fast as going to the buffet & the quality of food is so much better (at least, that has been my experience)Have fun!! What ports are you visiting??

Ginger pills work to without the drowsiness

I can't speak to formal night, because the two (and only) cruises I've ever been on were chartered cruises for fans of Barenaked Ladies (the group, not the literal) and we didn't have formal nights. We did have a green dress night (as in the line of the song "But not a real green dress, that's cruel...) and a pajama night. At which point I decided that when I'm elected president, every night will be pajama night....

I did, however, find myself on the first cruise in need of feminine protection unexpectedly, and the ship did not have what I needed. So even if you think you won't need it, pack some of your own brand/kind just in case.

(BTW, I really hate the term feminine protection.....I wasn't aware my femininity was in danger.....)

Jean DeVries said:
I can't speak to formal night, because the two (and only) cruises I've ever been on were chartered cruises for fans of Barenaked Ladies (the group, not the literal) and we didn't have formal nights. We did have a green dress night (as in the line of the song "But not a real green dress, that's cruel...) and a pajama night. At which point I decided that when I'm elected president, every night will be pajama night....

I did, however, find myself on the first cruise in need of feminine protection unexpectedly, and the ship did not have what I needed. So even if you think you won't need it, pack some of your own brand/kind just in case.

(BTW, I really hate the term feminine protection.....I wasn't aware my femininity was in danger.....)

Bahahahah!!
I love your sense of humor Jean!

peichef said:
I've done sea bands -- they work well (great for "morning" sickness, too).On formal nights, most men are in dark suits -- some (a good number) in tuxes.One thing to take -- bottled water. Then you have H2O when you are in port / on excursions.My best advice -- eat in the dining room. Great breakfast. Great lunches. People tend to think of the dining room only for dinner, but it is often just as fast as going to the buffet & the quality of food is so much better (at least, that has been my experience)Have fun!! What ports are you visiting??
We'll be visiting Nassau, CocoCay & Key West - never been to any of those so we are excited!!My husband decided to bring the tux - how often do you get the opportunity to wear one & he owns one so might as well.Thanks for the tip on bringing water too. I hope you mean to buy it on the ship to take to island and not pack it in my suitcase - my DH might throw me over board if I tried that one.

Jean DeVries said:

Thanks for the reminder about "feminine protection" - I did plan on taking that - you never know sometimes.While we are on "that" subject ... here's another question ... if it were that time of the month, would you go snorkeling?? I'm afraid I might attract sharks!! LOL Am I crazy?

Loved Nassua
went there 21 years ago on our honeymoon

I'm going on Majesty too and first cruise EVER!

Getting very excited! Have lost 12lbs so far and still working at it too!

I think I might start a poll. Suits or tuxes. I doubt my hubby would wear a tux. What kind of dresses are you all wearing? What else are you packing? I'm at a loss?????

Well, (lol) I wouldn't go on a "heavy" day and make sure I have "waterproof" protection. I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing on that one!!!!!!

PartiesbyJamie said:
Thanks for the reminder about "feminine protection" - I did plan on taking that - you never know sometimes.

While we are on "that" subject ... here's another question ... if it were that time of the month, would you go snorkeling?? I'm afraid I might attract sharks!! LOL Am I crazy?

TMI!
I hope I start early next week (like supposed to) and then I'm home free for the cruise!!!

I'm so excited for the cruise!!! What is everyone planning to do for excursions? I'm going on Majesty and have been to KW two times before. We love it there. If you get a chance to do the SNUBA diving it's so much fun!

I sure wish I would have ordered my Chef Success badge for the cruise so I could meet all of you on the Majesty... :(

PartiesbyJamie said:
Thanks for the reminder about "feminine protection" - I did plan on taking that - you never know sometimes.

While we are on "that" subject ... here's another question ... if it were that time of the month, would you go snorkeling?? I'm afraid I might attract sharks!! LOL Am I crazy?

Hilarious, Jamie!!!! It is possible that you may draw some sharks to you, but that will make the trip more interesting. Be sure to have your camera in your husband's hands :)

Just kidding! I think you'll be fine, but I don't have much room to talk. When we were in Key West in 2006, I was a little nervous about the same thing.

twinkie10 said:
Hilarious, Jamie!!!! It is possible that you may draw some sharks to you, but that will make the trip more interesting. Be sure to have your camera in your husband's hands :)

Just kidding! I think you'll be fine, but I don't have much room to talk. When we were in Key West in 2006, I was a little nervous about the same thing.

Maybe this is the best benefit to being pregnant for my first time on a cruise, I don't have to worry about this at all! YIPPIE He He, but downside, only virgin drinks for me, but what I'll get in August will make it SO worth it! :)

Congrats on the baby! I guess there are many pros and cons to all situations.

COngrats Jamie. I second the Drammane or however you spell it. I NEVER get motion sickness, nothing, I can read in the car, etc. And, I got motion sickness on the boat. (This could have been brought on by the major drinking I did the first night, but still) I didn't feel good for a whole day and a half until I put that patch on!

Jean- that is SOOO cool about the BNL cruise!!! That makes me laugh that one dinner was a green dress dinner.

Well my husband was going to wear his tux but it's too snug! so it'll be a suit for him. I'm wearing a ****tail dress, not a gown for formal night. The casual nights will be slacks/polo for him & skirt & top for me or a casual dress.

I missed the boat (LOL) on booking my excursions so we have to wait to do onboard. Planning mostly low-key relaxing stuff - hope to do the "beaches" resort day so that we have inclusive and can use their activites. Other than that it'll be snorkeling, beach relaxing & a little shopping. No tours.

Related to What should first-time cruisers know before setting sail on Majesty?

1. What should I pack for my first cruise?

It's important to pack comfortable and versatile clothing that can be worn for various activities on the ship. Don't forget essentials like sunscreen, a hat, and any necessary medications. Also, be sure to pack formal attire for any formal nights on the ship.

2. What is the best time to book a cruise?

The best time to book a cruise is typically several months in advance. This gives you a better chance of securing a room in your preferred location and at a lower price. However, last-minute deals can also be found if you are flexible with your travel dates.

3. How do I choose the right cabin for me?

When choosing a cabin, consider factors such as location on the ship, amenities, and budget. Balcony cabins offer great views but tend to be more expensive, while interior cabins are more budget-friendly. Also, consider whether you are prone to motion sickness and choose a cabin in a more stable area of the ship.

4. Are there any hidden fees I should be aware of?

Most cruise lines include the cost of meals, entertainment, and most onboard activities in the initial price. However, be aware of additional fees for things like gratuities, alcohol, spa services, and shore excursions. It's best to budget for these additional expenses beforehand.

5. What are some must-do activities on a cruise?

Each cruise ship offers a variety of activities, but some popular options include relaxing by the pool, trying out the onboard water slides and ropes courses, attending live shows and performances, and participating in themed nights and parties. Don't forget to also explore the ports of call and take part in any recommended excursions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies
Views
beckyjsmith
  • sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda