• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Really Puts Volume in Your Hair?

In summary, Anne recommends Alterna Molding Paste, Matrix Amplify, Big Sexy Hair products, and Rusk Full Frame Volumizing Mousse for people with thin or fine hair.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have very fine hair--a ton of it, but its very fine. I have tried a bunch of different products and some have worked better than others. Any one in particular work really well for you?

I could use help on this one too! I use to buy Alterna Molding Paste for thin/fine hair -- INCREDIBLE. Then they stopped selling it 2 years ago. I emailed the company and was told they were repackaging it to sell to all hair types but have yet to see it (I check often!) I think I bought 15 bottles of it off ebay and am down to my last (sob) tube and , too am desperately looking for a new product!

Thanks Anne -- the cheffers are great at solving my PC problems -- why not this one too!

Headphones - with the music turned up really loud.I like to use the 1812 Overture with lots of volume.Of course, I don't have that much hair left for that kind of volume.

Ha Ha, Kitchen Guy!!

I use a volumizing shampoo, conditioner, mousse, scuplting mud and a super strong hairspray to keep it where I put it.

Shampoo, Conditioner & Mousse=Matrix Amplify
Scupting Mud=Alberto VO5 Obey & play Gel wax, which I love. I also have Solid Water which is from the salon and is made by Matrix, but I don't care for it. I think that it weighs down the hair and make it look greasy.
Hairspray=RAVE Mega Hold. Once I get my hair fixed, it had better not move.

Big Sexy Hair products(tall red cans). I've got stick straight hair and fine too.

Mine's fairly fine, too. But my stylist does a fantastic job with my cut, so that helps.

But other than that, I use Dove shampoo and conditioner, then Biolage gel and blow dry with a round brush to create big curls. Then a spray with aerosol Fructis mega hold spray (pick up the top layers of hair to help get underneath), and after that dries, a few spritzes of pump Fructis mega hold spray.
(Not that you can tell in my avatar pic - that was taken 3 days before a haircut, so it's in that "I hope this works because it no longer has any shape" stage.)

For volume I agree that nothing is better than Big Sexy Hair in the red can.

For a lot of us we loose volume because our hair is thinning. My sister sweetly gave me a bottle of Minoxidil for women saying she had been using it for years. She always had gorgeous hair and it was starting to look like Grandma's thinning hair when her stylist recommended the Minoxidil. It really works! I use the Target or Walgreens generics just because they are a lot less money than the name brand. I started using it 3 years ago and saw amazing things happen in about a month. I put it on in the morning after showering and right before bedtime.

My stylist told me today that I shouldn't cut much off because long hair was coming back in style! That is big news considering when it was thin we were always cutting it off to make it fluff up more!

don't use too many products, that will weigh it down. stick with one or two products. Rusk has a volumizing spray that has no weight. it sprays on like water. i dont like gooey stuff in my hair. i do use alternia cement instead of hairspray when i am done iwth my hair. other than that i dont use anything. i wash my hair at night and hate to blow dry it but this cut is ok. i wake up in the morning and spray it with a little water and blow style it. thatway it is not soaked. i love my haircut! it i sthe best ever!

A little product goes a LOOOONG way with my hair. So, I have to be careful not to put too much in or I'll look like Morticia Addams.

Redken Body FullWorks great for me. The entire line is awesome. I've had body and fullness like never before with it.

I don't know if this is the same thing as Liz - but I use Redken Full Frame volumizing mousse(only available in Salons)......I cannot believe how much volume I have! I also have fine hair - LOTS of it, but very fine. If I don't use something to volumize it, it just looks flat and stringy......although with my new stylist, I have to say, my hair looks the best it has in a long time, and I get lots of compliments on my hair....I think she's a genius! (and worth every stinking penny I pay for a haircut!)

Mine is a mixture of snot, drool, and whatever I made my kids for lunch, LMAO!!

gilliandanielle said:
Mine is a mixture of snot, drool, and whatever I made my kids for lunch, LMAO!!
That sounds great!

lkspeir said:
Big Sexy Hair products(tall red cans). I've got stick straight hair and fine too.
After seeing a few votes for this, I went to the store and picked some up at lunch. I didn't do anything different to my hair. So on the way back from lunch I flipped it over and sprayed it and WOW! What a difference. I just looked in the mirror and I was surprised to see how good it still looked. Thanks!

Think it would help someone avoid creative combover?

here's a quandry..I have permed hair (please dont ask...) and i HATE IT!!! What can I use to either keep the spiral look without looking like a poodle or go straight without resulting in chemical straightening?

I just started using a product from Aveda called "Hair potion." It a powder your add to the roots of your hair and it adds a ton of volume. I love it!!

I like Slickworks by Paul Mitchell but a little goes a loooong way.

I think I should call me mother in law and ask her advice about how to make my hair more voluminous ;)

HA!!:D :) :D :) :D

Try Nioxin products. They use this for strengthing and thickening (?) hair. It is also used on cancer patients when doing chemo treatments to minimize hair loss.

rhon228 said:
Try Nioxin products. They use this for strengthing and thickening (?) hair. It is also used on cancer patients when doing chemo treatments to minimize hair loss.
I am a hair dresser. I will tell you Nioxin smells like medicine. But it does help.

If you have curly hair like me, then you want to use something moisturizing for shampoo and conditioner. I usually use mousse and I scrunch it while blow drying.

ANN---my mom (her name is Ann too) has really thin hair and she uses anything volumizing. You don't want to use anything to heavy because it will just way it down. You want something that will make your hair look thicker. I just do hair on the side now for family and friends but keep up my license. This means I am not up to all the hair products that are out there.

Well, that's it then. Back to Ron Popeil's hair spra...er...pain...er...spray.http://www.ronco.com/_prodimages/medium/med_1glh.jpg

I have straight thin fine hair. I FINALLY found someone that gave me a style that I love. I use something called "detail putty" and it works great.

Related to What Really Puts Volume in Your Hair?

What Really Puts Volume in Your Hair?

1. How can I add volume to my hair without using products?

There are a few things you can do to add volume to your hair without using products. One option is to blow dry your hair upside down to create lift at the roots. You can also try using a round brush while blow drying to add volume and texture. Additionally, changing your part can help create the illusion of volume.

2. What ingredients should I look for in hair products to add volume?

When looking for products to add volume to your hair, look for ingredients like keratin, biotin, and panthenol. These ingredients can help strengthen and plump up the hair, giving it more volume. Avoid heavy oils or silicones, as they can weigh down the hair and make it appear flat.

3. Can I use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner every day?

Yes, you can use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner every day. However, be sure to choose products that are gentle and won't strip your hair of its natural oils. Also, consider using a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove any product buildup that can weigh down your hair.

4. How can I style my hair to add volume?

There are a few styling techniques you can use to add volume to your hair. One option is to use a volumizing mousse or spray on damp hair and then blow dry with a round brush. You can also try backcombing or teasing your hair at the roots for added lift. Another trick is to use a dry shampoo at the roots to absorb excess oil and give your hair a lift.

5. Is there a specific haircut that can add volume to my hair?

Yes, there are certain haircuts that can help add volume to your hair. A layered haircut can create the illusion of volume by removing weight from the hair. Bangs can also help add volume to the crown of the head. Consult with a hairstylist to find the best haircut for your hair type and desired level of volume.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefjwr
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • feather18
  • General Chat
Replies