• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What New Products Do You Think Will Come Out?

In summary, Debbie said that she is excited for the new catalog because it comes out every 6 months and she loves that PC comes out with new products. She sent suggestions in and Debbie would like to see some solid bold colors in the new catalog.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I look at our catalog and wonder what in the world can they come out with next. Does anyone have any speculation about the new fall catalog?

I cannot wait to find out!!

I can't wait!!!I am excited too. I love that PC comes out with new products every 6 months. I can't possibly imagine what they could be but I am so glad. It's the perfect response to the annoying person at my shows that tell me they have everything.
That's when I bust out the new catalog and ask do you have .....
That's when they say, Oh I didn't see those things. Let me look at that again.
Then I talk about how PC comes out with new things every 6 months so no one can possibly have everything, except me cause I'm a consultant and can order new products early, or earn them for FREE!!!!

Debbie

DebbieSAChef said:
I am excited too. I love that PC comes out with new products every 6 months. I can't possibly imagine what they could be but I am so glad. It's the perfect response to the annoying person at my shows that tell me they have everything.
That's when I bust out the new catalog and ask do you have .....
That's when they say, Oh I didn't see those things. Let me look at that again.
Then I talk about how PC comes out with new things every 6 months so no one can possibly have everything, except me cause I'm a consultant and can order new products early, or earn them for FREE!!!!

Debbie

I tell people the same thing!

I can't possibly guess at what else they could come out with, I had some customer suggestions that I sent in but now I can't remember what they were.

We need a double boiler and steamer insert for Executive Cookware.

they need to sell more cookware on open stock

Well we all know for sure that new colors of the Hot Pad/Trivet, Twix-it Clips and Scrapers are going to be in the new catalog!!

I sent some suggestions in too!! Hopefully they won't take a full year for R&D!!!

I'm guessing that an Executive Grill Pan will be introduced soon, if not this next season. I say that because I'm closer and close to purchasing the Professional one and know that as soon as I do, TPC will come out with the same durned pan in the Executive! ;)

agw said:
I'm guessing that an Executive Grill Pan will be introduced soon, if not this next season. I say that because I'm closer and close to purchasing the Professional one and know that as soon as I do, TPC will come out with the same durned pan in the Executive! ;)
Cynic.

;)

How about a fall table cloth? I also think we need some more SA pieces, something new and refreshing...you know to go with the new stands!

I'd like to see open stock pieces of the Simple Additions in the colors. And I don't know about you guys, but my people DID NOT like the stripes. They missed the sollid color rectangle platter.

Chef Kearns said:
I'd like to see open stock pieces of the Simple Additions in the colors. And I don't know about you guys, but my people DID NOT like the stripes. They missed the sollid color rectangle platter.

I didn't sell one striped piece, I would love to see some larger SA pieces in solid colors too.

I agree, would love to see some colored peices. The striped ones, I really didn't like too much. Would like to see some more table linens. Maybe some decorative items. I cannot think of any kitchen tool that they do not already have. I do wish that they would bring back the recipe binder and sb case. I really like those. And the oven pad and mitt.

i love buying towels , oven mits, and stuff like that. so definately more of them. maybe some kitchen pictures of chefs or something? i personally like the stripe SA but i would like to see some some solid bold colors. i think the plain white is ugly!! maybe some open stock on SA and cookware.

I would like to have a 2 cup batter bowl, with a lid. Made like the Classic and Small Batter Bowls only 2 cup. :)

I would also like a stoneware garlic holder!

Lee Anne

Last edited:
I would love to see a hot hooker.

Now before you all get in an uproar let me explain. It's a kitchen tool my mom had and I loved. It's wooden, about a foot long, and one end has a v-shaped cut, and on the bottom edge about an inch in was a curved J shaped cut. You used the curved J-cut to hook the oven rack and pull it out, the v-cut to push the rack in. Great for people like me who are paranoid they will burn their arms on the shelf above the one wanted.

I'd also love to see them bring back the stoneware baking bowls. Wonder what the fall colors will be this year.

I can't wait for July.

ETA: Here's something similar, the one my mom had didn't have ruler markings on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/LK3001-Oven-Rack-Push-Pull-Ruler_W0QQitemZ4448877212QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
Mystic, love the idea!! I always get my hubby to get stuff out of the oven for me. i burned the back on my leg once on an oven that was 400 degrees. i had the door down and backed into it like a dummy. since then I hate taking things out. especially the stoneware since it can get heavy.

Monica, I'm a total klutz, too. The father of one of my co-workers makes something similar he calls the Kitchen Squirrel, hand carved from wood. I thought about one, but it's only about 7 or 8 inches, I need the full 12 to feel safe.

I have seen those. I work in our Area Agency on Aging. We do a lot of events for Senior Citizens. The home health agencies will bring "freebies" for the seniors. There is always someone giving those away. I didn't know what they were called, but I think it is a great idea.

I personally love the striped SA pieces. I didn't like the fact that they were more expensive. In my area the SA pieces are considered very expensive and I don't have a lot of people buy them. I like that you can buy them as singles, because I have 5 people in my family. I had to buy 3 full sets of the white to get enough for our table. I love the white pieces too. I use them for special occasions. When you want to dress up your table, use them for plates...Med square is a dinner plate, small square is a dessert plate or salad plate, the small bowls work for soup or dessert. I have never been very crazy about the cups. I think they are too big. I loved the square shape. The coffee and more cups are just too big. They would work great for soup, a nice dessert, or hot cocoa with whipped topping, but they stink for coffee.

Mystik said:
I would love to see a hot hooker.
I haven't seen any of those since I stopped working in The Loop.

Okay, okay, okay...I know what you're talking about. I have one that I inherited from my mother. She found it at a craft fair - they're almost always homemade and have toll painting (or other decoration) on them. Mine has little magnets on it so it hangs on the side of the range.

I also vote for a SA garlic jar.

And as a severely addicted coffee hound, I LOVE 16 ounce coffee mugs. :p

As far as new products...I think we have just about everything we need. I would like to see a set of canisters...stoneware would be great...I would also like to see a "grease holder"...I am not sure what you actually call that. Something that would sit on your stove top and you could drain your hot grease into. I would like to see the oven mitt back in the catalog. I would also like to see more seasonings. I personally do not need any more colors of stoneware or trivets or scrapers. If we get any more I am going to have to get rid of stuff...and I love what I have. I wish they would let us buy the samples that we want at half price and not make us buy packages. I don't have anyone to share packages with and it never fails that I want something from every package, but don't want everything. I end up displaying stuff once or twice and then storing them until Christmas and giving them as gifts. It is hard to come up with all that money at one time.

some kind of jar to put the PC coffee in would be nice. I have a friend who has a disk that you put in your brown sugar that keeps it soft. I don't have a clue how it works, but that might be a good addition to our line.

Shawna, when I was a kid, my mother had a set of three tin canisters. They had a glass knob that was threaded into a hole in each lid. There were crystals inside the knobs that turned bright purple when they were baked and faded to light blue as they absorbed moisture. Once every couple of weeks, she would bake the knobs along with a cake or bread or something. I suppose they became obsolete as plastic seals became better.

I imagine the disk for brown sugar is similar in nature to those knobs and I'd like one of those myself. I know a few grains of rice in the salt shaker keeps the salt from clumping but I've never found a way to keep sugar (white or brown) from drying and clumping.

I have seen those disks in a catalog, but I can't remember what catalog it was. It was in a catalog you get that has numerous items, from greeting cards to who knows what. I usually just throw them away. I have no idea how these companies get my name and address. I wish I had ordered one when I saw it.

Did PC ever have something to use in your brown sugar to keep it soft?? I'd love for them to come out with this b/c the fall means lots of baking.

How funny! I guess I didnt read page 2.. you already discussed the brown sugar disk lmao

sorry!!!!

Shawnna said:
I have seen those disks in a catalog, but I can't remember what catalog it was. It was in a catalog you get that has numerous items, from greeting cards to who knows what. I usually just throw them away. I have no idea how these companies get my name and address. I wish I had ordered one when I saw it.
Your name and address is a commodity that is bought and sold like corn futures. I think the only way you can get off those lists is to fake a new birth certificate, get a new SS# and move to a cardboard box in the desert 30 miles outside of Eureka, Nevada.

Of course, you'll get mailings from the Welcome Wagon and about 50 mail order catalogs within three days of your arrival.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Shawna, when I was a kid, my mother had a set of three tin canisters. They had a glass knob that was threaded into a hole in each lid. There were crystals inside the knobs that turned bright purple when they were baked and faded to light blue as they absorbed moisture. Once every couple of weeks, she would bake the knobs along with a cake or bread or something. I suppose they became obsolete as plastic seals became better.

I imagine the disk for brown sugar is similar in nature to those knobs and I'd like one of those myself. I know a few grains of rice in the salt shaker keeps the salt from clumping but I've never found a way to keep sugar (white or brown) from drying and clumping.

If you throw in a piece of bread into your brown sugar it keeps it soft. Also I have not had a problem with my brown sugar clumping up since I started using the twixit clips. My MIL told us the bread trick

Jennie4PC said:
If you throw in a piece of bread into your brown sugar it keeps it soft. Also I have not had a problem with my brown sugar clumping up since I started using the twixit clips. My MIL told us the bread trick
I'll try the bread trick - now that you mention it, I've heard that before but (like most other good ideas I hear) I forgot about it. My brown sugar lives in a plastic canister because trying to keep a plastic bag of powdered substances in my cabinets doesn't work. It lays like a dead body in a CSI episode and is always in the way of reaching something else.

I did hear thatJust never tried it yet. My hubby makes a delicious pork chop recipe. Boneless pork chops .. coat them w/ brown mustard.. spoon brown sugar over them and put some under them. Bake in the oven.. I'm guessing at 325. Cant say how long.. he doesnt really have an idea lol Sooo delicious.

Hence the need for soft brown sugar. Do you know what its like to have a man that wants to cook and he's trying to chop brown sugar? lol Trust me.. frustration sets in. lol

Twixits and bread are my answer!
Thank you

Baggie HolderMy mother is trying to convince me to submit an idea for a baggie holder; when you're trying to save leftovers in a freezer bag, it gets hard to hold the bag open and dump/pour the food into it. She wants to see PC sell a baggie holder, something with clips and adjustable space between the clips so that your hands are free to dump/pour the food in. Haven't decided if I want to send in that suggestion or not. Any of you think that would be a 'time saver' in the kitchen?

ChefMommyinOC said:
My mother is trying to convince me to submit an idea for a baggie holder; when you're trying to save leftovers in a freezer bag, it gets hard to hold the bag open and dump/pour the food into it. She wants to see PC sell a baggie holder, something with clips and adjustable space between the clips so that your hands are free to dump/pour the food in. Haven't decided if I want to send in that suggestion or not. Any of you think that would be a 'time saver' in the kitchen?
I'm sorry, I missed that. I was just cleaning up the counter and floor from trying to pour some leftovers into a freezer bag. What did you suggest?

i think that would be great!!!!!!! patent it ur self

I'd like to see a salad spinner and a stoneware mini muffin pan.

I have a friend that is constantly calling me and asking (more like teasing) me about when PC is going to add an egg poacher to the catalog. He really wants a good egg poacher and he loves PC products.

I would love to be able to call him from Conference or better yet just send him one in a BIG BOX with a BIG RED RIBBON on it this Fall. That would be nice! :D

We already have an egg poacher--it's called a prep bowl! My hubby does it in the microwave in a prep bowl all the time.

Since we all have hard brown sugar....put those clumps in your Deluxe Cheese Grater and grate your brown sugar over your pork chops, oatmeal, whatever!

:)
Marg said:
I'd like to see a salad spinner and a stoneware mini muffin pan.
I've been requesting a salad spinner for the three years I've been with PC!! I've had SOOOO many customers suggest this too. I hope it's in the works. Or maybe there's a strange patent on it that is holding things up. Or maybe PC is trying to figure out a way to make it better than the rest out there. I hope we see one soon!

New Products!!At a cluster meeting a few months ago my director told us that back in 2002 she got invited to work on new products. Back then they were working on products for 2007 I believe. So products we want now may not be out for 5 more years. I'm not sure how all that works.

Anyways, I would like to see a pineapple slicer, salad spinner, more spices, a cookbook that has only recipes that you can make in less than 30 minutes, and some other SA. I would also like to see more open stock pieces of cookware. I would also like to see a pc cake plate( I have a lot of people ask for these)

"Your name and address is a commodity that is bought and sold like corn futures. I think the only way you can get off those lists is to fake a new birth certificate, get a new SS# and move to a cardboard box in the desert 30 miles outside of Eureka, Nevada."

Also, if you are really mean you could take their return envelope and tape it to an old tire, box of trash, huge rock and take it to the post office and send it to them at their expense... that always gets you OFF the list... and makes the people at the post office look at you strangely....

Emma

I sent suggetions in for stoneware baskets for 2 years and they finally showed up. I also sent in suggestions for a pie crust saver for 2 years. However, I am not crazy about our pie crust saver because it only seems to work on our pie plate...not too universal.

Are any of you familiar with Home and Garden Party products? I have 2 friends that are consultants for that company. Its kind of Home Interior and PC type products rolled together into one catalog. Anyway, they have something called a bean pot that is fabulous. It is a stoneware pot with a design on the front and back. The lid is like a cookie jar lid. You cook beans in it in the oven. It is microwave, oven, dishwasher, and freezer safe. Anyway, I have been suggesting something similar in our line for years.

Off the subject, but in response to KGTo soften hard brown sugar, place an open bag of sugar in the microwave with a cup of water next to it. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. If your microwave doesn't have a carousel, turn the bag after each minute. NOTE: Any unused sugar will dry up again. However, the process can be repeated each time you need sugar.

To prevent it from becoming hard in the first place, I have heard you can stick a couple of slices of apple or white bread in the bag. I have never tried either one, though. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I love to bake, so brown sugar never lasts long in my house!

For new products, I would love to see a garlic keeper, too, seeing that garlic's in a billion of our recipes!:D

Diane

What I would like to haveHi All,

I thought I would share what I would like them to carry.

I would like a silicone rolling pin. I would also like them to carry decorative cake plates. Also, as many people have mentioned more SA's in colors.

What I want the most is a holder for the lids to the pots. You know how when you take the lid off of a pot and all the steam or grease drip. You can't sit it down on your counter and it's so hard to hold. I want a holder that will hold at and have the steam/grease drip into a holder. This would be a very popular item I'm sure.

Let's keep hoping, maybe they will read this and take some of our suggestions.

Rhonda B.

For the garlic holder...use a Prep bowl w/lid. I have my garlic in one as well as some kosher salt and sugar for quick measuring. I LOVE the Prep Bowls. I sell tons of them.

I have had people ask me about silicone bakeware, as that is what all the cooking shows use. Also would love a cute stoneware garlic holder... will have to do the prep bowl tip until that one comes out! :)

Silicone bakeware is all the rage and I fear two things about it. One, it would give us a product that is a direct competitor to stoneware - although maybe a 9" round cake (pan? Is silicone a pan?) might be a place to start. Two, I fear it might be a fad. The jury is still out for me on silicone bakeware.

CK, there are two problems with storing garlic in a foor prep bowl, too. One, it's tying up a food prep bowl and I'm about to order another set - 6 of 'em just isn't enough! Two, garlic wants to breathe. Sealing up garlic speeds the rotting process. That's why storage containers have holes in them.

(I love garlic, too!)

One thing I'd like to see is the lid for the 10 inch skillet to be made available in open stock or at least in replacements. Both the professional and executive sets only have one of those lids in the sets to be used for 2 different pans. The Gen II 10 inch lid is available on replacements so why not the others?

I want and have requested a salad spinner too. And I like the garlic holder idea and the 2 cup batter bowl! I'd also like to see the solid colored SA pieces available in more sizes and separately from the entertaining set. I'd like more open stock on the Exec. cookware and a square griddle to replace the Gen II one that is going away in September - a lot of people like that better than the 2 burner version if their family is small.

AND I WANT THE STONEWARE BOWL BACK!!

Last edited:
I've had customers suggest a smaller serrated knife for cutting tomatoes and such. I'd LOVE to see a Santoku (tuku?) knife...the ones you see on the Food Network that have the ridges to keep food from sticking. Yes, our knives are GREAT, but the food still sticks.

I had a customer request a stone for making just muffin tops! I loved that idea. What about just a garlic pealer too?

Andrea, we don't need a garlic peeler. With our garlic press, you don't need to peel the cloves before you press them.

Although, I suppose if you were doing something other than pressing the garlic, you might need a peeler....never thought of that.

DebbieJ said:
Andrea, we don't need a garlic peeler. With our garlic press, you don't need to peel the cloves before you press them.

Although, I suppose if you were doing something other than pressing the garlic, you might need a peeler....never thought of that.

Yeah, I do all sorts of crazy stuff with garlic, that's why I want a peeler...I love to put sliced garlic on pizza, and sometimes like it chopped and sometimes I put whole cloves in my black bean soup...not that any of that is really crazy, but you get the point.

Maybe I'm just young
soonerchef said:
I had a customer request a stone for making just muffin tops! I loved that idea. What about just a garlic pealer too?

What are muffin tops? Wouldn't you just make the muffin and cut the bottoms away? I know that when I make little cakes in the Prep Bowls, they come out looking like muffins (or cupcakes).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
jerri dorr
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956