• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What New Products Do You Think Will Come Out?

In summary, Debbie said that she is excited for the new catalog because it comes out every 6 months and she loves that PC comes out with new products. She sent suggestions in and Debbie would like to see some solid bold colors in the new catalog.
ChefMommyinOC said:
What are muffin tops? Wouldn't you just make the muffin and cut the bottoms away? I know that when I make little cakes in the Prep Bowls, they come out looking like muffins (or cupcakes).
Yep, but then you have the left over muffin bottoms. I think a muffin top stone would be awesome. The you could use all your batter JUST for the tops and not waste any on bottoms. I bet we'll see one someday.:D

soonerchef said:
Yeah, I do all sorts of crazy stuff with garlic, that's why I want a peeler...I love to put sliced garlic on pizza, and sometimes like it chopped and sometimes I put whole cloves in my black bean soup...not that any of that is really crazy, but you get the point.
Garlic peelers mechanically do what I do:

Press the garlic clove against the countertop with your thumb. You'll feel it start to crack under the pressure - it's at that point (when it starts to crack) that you want to release the pressure. The paper will roll right off the garlic clove.

Stinky
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Garlic peelers mechanically do what I do:

Press the garlic clove against the countertop with your thumb. You'll feel it start to crack under the pressure - it's at that point (when it starts to crack) that you want to release the pressure. The paper will roll right off the garlic clove.

Don't you then smell like garlic? I personally love the smell of garlic, but other don't. My director told me to put a garlic clove into the small collender (sp?) and put the small bowl that comes with the set over it and then shake. It takes the skin right off!

I haven't noticed that I smell any more garlicy from doing that than I do from actually eating it. ;) I like your director's idea, though.

What I hate about garlic is that it gets my hands all sticky. I don't quite like smelling like garlic but love the smell in the air when I am cooking. All of those ideas are great to peel the garlic but a garlic peeler would be better IMO.

Kitchen Guy--Garlic doesn't last too long in my house for me to notice it rotting in the Prep Bowl. I've got 2 sets of the Prep bowls and have been thinking of getting a 3rd. I love those little guys!

Chef Kearns said:
Kitchen Guy--Garlic doesn't last too long in my house for me to notice it rotting in the Prep Bowl. I've got 2 sets of the Prep bowls and have been thinking of getting a 3rd. I love those little guys!

Then YOU need to go HERE.

http://www.gilroygarlicfestival.com/images/mhi04/mhi05b.jpg

The smell of garlic will come off with our Lemon/Rosemary Soap.... or by rubbing your hands on a stainless steel item, like the sink faucet or a spoon.

I would love to be able to get the colored SA...like a set of two red-ish bowls... they would definitely look great in the new Stands!
What I don't understand is why they put a picture of the green SA platter in the picture of the new Inspiration Cookbook, and discontinue it all in the same season! I think they'll be bringing back that green platter.... I'm surprised they didn't bring it back this S/S...It was on my website's homepage long after it was discontinued, and it was the picture that I couldn't remove!

I wish they'd bring back the Three Way Tongs... for salad... I still use it every time we have salad!

I found myself shying away from the colors for S/S... I finally opened my Hot Pad/Trivet that I earned, and since I looove the Microfiber towel, I opened that one too...but the Mix 'N Scraper that I earned, I plan on giving it away... I know the colors will be gone come fall, and I have enough Scrapers (which I looooove!!) But I didn't want another color that was going to be gone. For guests who love it, great! But for a consultant who already has them all, I wanted to save it to give away, I won't be able to show it in six months.

I'm with you for the stoneware garlic holder... I have mine in an opened plastic container...

I would like
~a cookbook with 5 ingredients.
~Bring back the small SA coffee mugs. Have them both!
~Cookbook holder!
~Utensils? ... fork, spoon, knife ...place settings...yikes! $$$$

The only thing is, is that PC won't come out with something that people can get just as good, and just as cheap, other places. We make things Better and Cheaper than what's out there... or else we don't sell it.

What am I doing!! It's 1:33a.m.!!! :eek: I better get to bed! This site is addictive!:D

Muffin TopsI too had a request for the Muffin Top pan, I have sent an email to HO, I'm sure if enough of us send one, they will put it in Development.....

I know personally I ALWAYS eat the top, but am never over enthused with the bottom....:p

So send in your emails and see if we can't get it going....

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Too funny! I can't believe that there is a garlic festival!:rolleyes: I wonder if they will come to New York? lol

letscook04 said:
Too funny! I can't believe that there is a garlic festival!:rolleyes: I wonder if they will come to New York? lol
Oh, it's a big, big deal! They have garlic EVERYTHING at the festival - including garlic ice cream!

Garlic ice cream? Bet that tastes interesting.

hanging rackA customer requested a hanging rack for the pots. She was mad that they show how they hang on the cover of the catalog but yet they dont sell it. I personally wouldnt use it and I think it'd be too big but just figured I'd post it.

I would like to see a spoon rest that doesnt stand up. I dont particularly like the one we have. Also something to hold your meat as you marinate it.

smaller tip for the EADI'd like a smaller tip for the profiterole puffs....something slim so you don't have that big hole......

I'd also like to see some LARGER trivets....something for pans and such.....
I'd like to see too a special sponge for the stoneware, or cloth as the sponges just peel off onto them.....and maybe one for the non stick stuff as well.....

Umm...I think that is it....OH, NO, I'd also like to see them come out with some CHRISTMAS colored stuff, not just fall, do like the summer, only winter....blues and whites....reds and greens, YA KNOW?

yup NOW I'm done...maybe:rolleyes:

Sponge for your Stones.....Hey there I would like to see them make one as well. But I do have one I use all the time. They are special sponges made for the George Foreman Grill. Half of it is a blue and the other is silver. I use it only on my stones. Although I did use it for the grill at first. I absolulety love them. They are not sponge material but a synthetic material. Whatever it is I highly highly recommend them!! They come 3 in a box. I got them at the mall in one of those kitchen stores for like $2.49 or something like that. I hope this helps you. :eek:)

I was just thinking the Christmas stuff too, today when I was at my show and putting the patriotic cover on my woven basket. I was thinking how cute a Christmas cover would be!
BTW - has PC ever come out with anything Christmassy? Or do they try to do the whole "non-Christmas" thing, you know like we have to in schools now.

I just got myself a great potrack for $39 from Sams Club - I can't wait to get it hung and display all my Executive Cookware! As for new stuff - I bet they will come out with another pattern for the SA. The "dots" on the HWC cups and plates have been so popular...I can see that happening. I see them too, adding more brushed stainless stuff...today I saw awesome canisters in Pier One....stuff like that.

I thought too about more woven baskets - like for the oval baker or the deep dish baker.

Love the idea about the 2 cup batter bowl - I've thought about that many times. I had a customer get mad a me because the stoneware bowl had been discontinued, like it was my fault and I could do something about it. She told me I needed to email HO and get it back.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I think about this question all the time

You can peel garlic in the green mesh from your cutting boards- just wrap the garlic in there and roll a couple of times with some pressure - peels right off!

I would love a stoneware garlic baker, re-vamped cook's tongs, an herb roller/cutter, a new size grate for the microplane, more basket liners for the rectangle server, narrow topped squeeze bottles for garnishing (like you'd get ketchup in in a diner) and a Santoku knife!

Happily, I am going to conference, so I will get to see the new fall line!
:)

That knife is a great idea. Is that the one that Rachel Ray uses?

I also would like to see the cloth mitts come back. I have the hot pads/trivets and I do not like them to take things out of the oven. Silicone or not, they are too big and I dont feel comfortable w/ the grip I have when using them.

I agree Kelley, Christmas theme stuff, such as S.A. plates, etc. I think more of theme things would be great. How about a Santa plate for cookies. KWIM? Like when kids put the cookies out for Santa?

Also my best friend wanted the stainless serving set, but the small version that they discontinued lol figures Id get involved in PC right after they discontinue it. lol

Santoku knifeI have a Chicago Cutlery santoku knife, and I have to admit, it's my favorite knife in the kitchen. It cuts through everything with ease. I hope that PC jumps on the bandwagon and comes out with one.

I'd also love a stoneware garlic baker. Makes garlic taste almost nutty! YUM!

WAVE 3!!!!

Customer's requestsI use an analogy at my shows to explain host benefits (imagine walking into William Sonoma and telling the cashier that you were going to bring in 10 friends to shop, and that when they were done shopping, you were going to pick out your own items and expect to get most of it for free, a few for half-off and the rest at a steep discount. Oh, and that you want it delivered to your house for free, and you want to be able to shop whenever you want and get 10% off) and one of my guests said that the only reason she goes to William Sonoma anymore is for an apron. 'Why doesn't Pampered Chef sell aprons to us?' Hmm, good question! We sell everything to our clients to make great meals, why not this?

I wish they would sell aprons too. But then I wouldn't be a consultant if they did. My first PC show I attended, I asked "How can I get the apron? I just want that." and the rest is history as they say. But now I did order one (supply order) for my grandma (she loves it!!). I would do that for a few people, .. but I don't know if technically we can do that or not.. Anyone know if that is against the rules?? :confused:

Sometimes it's easier to get forgiveness than permission.I'll never tell what I deleted. :)CTTOI, an apron that says "I :heart: The Pampered Chef" might be kind of nice to offer. Far more practical than a Super Swat (that I wish they'd bring back.)

Last edited:
First of all its just an apron & second....they can just go to Ebay & get them, so what harm would it be......

Ginger428 said:
First of all its just an apron & second....they can just go to Ebay & get them, so what harm would it be......

Other than possibly misrepresenting the company? FedEx doesn't give out their corporate uniforms to the regular public...why should PC allow us to give out/sell our 'uniform'? Something that is different than our standard apron would be good advertising, but not misleading.

Maybe an apron in a different material than the denim one consultants have with the saying "I am a pampered chef" or something clever on the front.

I bought one several years agoas the host of a show. This was at 6 years ago the apron was in the catalog. So when I signed up I then had 2 denim ones, and earned the consultant special one that goes with the red white and blue tablecloth and towels.

Theresia Aylward

I remember that from when I attended and hosted my first shows. Pampered Chef used to sell a denim apron that said "The Pampered Chef" in plain nave blue block letters across the top of the apron just under the top seam. I always wanted one and just needed other things more.

A salad spinner, garlic keeper, more SI pieces in color (open stock), more open stock cookware pieces all have my vote!!

I have been asked by a couple of my customers if we carry a cake slicer/server. Not the slice and serve. This is a product you use to cut the cake then squeeze the handle together and it picks up the piece of cake so you can plate it. It comes in a triangle and square form.

Also I'd like to see a line of everyday glasses and utenciles. A couple of years ago I purchased a surprise box at conference. It came with a set of 4 plastic tumblers (glasses). I love these! However those are more of a summertime product than a fall/winter one. Slim chance we will see something like those back again.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

is this put on by the city? I know Ut has onion days, strawberry days, art city days, and a few other names but cant remeber i just know they are based on the city.

I don't think anyone would be misleading by wearing our apron. I mean if someone saw my grandma in her apron and ask her about it, well she'd send them my way. I think it would be great advertising. Its not like she wears it out in public though.:)

Gilroy is a city in CA. And yes, the Garlic Festival is HUGE every year.

I agree with a lot of the other responses - stoneware garlic keeper/baker, salad spinner are two of the tops on my list. I also would like to see a nice French press (I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I heard these make the best coffee). One other thing I would LOVE to see is "skewer charms" - similar to a wine charm that you put on a wine glass. These would go on your skewer so you know whose is whose on the BBQ. :) More of a spring/summer product though...maybe next year. ;)

I'd like a stoneware dutch oven..... a better peeler, oh... and the Chillzanne or however you spell it in a pitcher for outdoor entertaining.. I hate HATE watered down drinks so I use the fake ice cubes.

Emma

BTW if you pop your garlic in the microwave for about 10 sec. the peels will come off with ease...

EmmaLeeM said:
I'd like a stoneware dutch oven.....

Isn't that what the lid/bowl is for?

You can use your carafe for keeping drinks cold :)

I'm so surprised that so many didn't like the stripes. I LOVED them! I have all the striped pieces and not a single white one. Now, I wouldn't really use them except in the fall and winter, but I thought they were so cozy looking.

My friends from South Africa said they loved the SA striped items. They reminded them of home... They are fine for some people, I am just plain. Will I get the striped ones or white with my 3 tiered stand that I got for qualifying?

Emma

I've never seen the bowl with lid, but I know it would have to be large to be a dutch oven.... =) When I cook, it's a LOT!

IMO the rect baker, and lid just isn't enough room. When I fix a roast (actually 2 roasts) with all the potatoes, carrots and onions, I user the roasting pan, and cover with alum. foil for most of the cooking. It is the only pan I have found that is BIG enough.. Plus, the roast comes out 4 hours later, falling apart..

I want a square griddle for the Executive cookware set!

I second a Dutch Oven stone, I have had soooo many customers ask for one.

DebPC said:
I want a square griddle for the Executive cookware set!

Hear, hear! I don't need a double burner griddle for just me and my daughter!

I would like to see an herb roller, more cake pans (square, sheet, etc) than just the regular round ones, bring the regular oven mitts back (I hate silicone stuff), a nice rolling pin, a cake stand (maybe Simple Additions style??), tomato slicer (similar to the egg slicer, but stronger and bigger). Can't think of anything else right now, but I will I'm sure.

We don't need an herb roller--that's what the Pizza Cutter and the Prep Bowls & Kitchen Shears are for!

S.A. butter dishI know it probably sounds like a weird request, but I use all Simple Additions for my everyday dinnerware, and my cream and blue Longaberger butter dish just doesn't fit in;) . Come to think of it, matching salt and pepper shakers would be cute, too (I like the salt and pepper mill for cooking, but I don't think it's very attractive on the table).

Diane

I do know that there WILL be a "sharp" item valued at $70!

;) Ooooh! Maybe a better knife? You've intrigued me now Beth!:cool:

They just announced a sales promotion to Directors and everyone else will get it in the CN. It's a team challenge and if your cluster earns it everyone who meets their personal challenge will get the the item for free!

They have not told us what it is - we have to wait for Nat Conf for that!:D

But we know it's sharp and $70 value! SO get at least 2 shows on your calendar for June!!

Woo hoo! I already have 5 on the calendar in June, so I can't wait!

BethCooks4U said:
They just announced a sales promotion to Directors and everyone else will get it in the CN. It's a team challenge and if your cluster earns it everyone who meets their personal challenge will get the the item for free!

They have not told us what it is - we have to wait for Nat Conf for that!:D

But we know it's sharp and $70 value! SO get at least 2 shows on your calendar for June!!
I was so excited to see that! I hope it's one of those Santuko (sp?) knives!! I can't think of any other "sharp" item that we don't already have.:)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
jerri dorr
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956