• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Strategy for a Successful Show Opening?

In summary, Elaine Ballard introduces herself and tells the audience about her love of Pampered Chef products. She explains that she is going to be teaching a cooking class and asks the audience to take out their receipt, orderform, or shopping list. She explains Round up, delivery charges, and asks the audience to fill out the boxes at the bottom of the page. She begins by telling the audience about the recipe that was chosen to be cooked today. She then explains how she is going to be interrupting the cooking lesson to show the audience something that she loves. She demonstrates how to "burp" the spritzer.
bbauman07
Gold Member
How do you open?

What's your story?

Here is what I say...excuse the run ons, grammar and spellingI introduce myself while putting on my apron. Hi! I'm Elaine Ballard! and then I ask "Who has never been to a show? Who has been to a few? Who is a Pampered Chef junkie and calls around trying to find shows? That was me, too!" Then I'll say "I absolutely love my job! I also love this apron! See how it adjusts. It fits everyone! I want you all to watch what I do, ask questions and make a wishlist. If you want a lot of products then consider having a show and getting them free or half priced. Talk to _______she'll tell you how easy it was. Now, if you want almost all of these products than consider doing what I do. Because Pampered Chef lets us easily earn the products free! They know if we have these products in our hands we will fall in love with them and easily sell them! And, the best part of my Pampered Chef business is I easily make a$100 a night! So, sit back, watch what I do and let's have some fun!"

"The first thing I want to do is thank ______. She did a great job getting you all here! Here is our latest SB cookbook. It has over 20 awesome recipes in it! I want you all to sign it here on the front page. If you want you can even put a message in it, but please, keep it clean! I had a hostess ask me if I read what one of her friends wrote? Well, apparently it was pretty racy. Her concern was her kids and grandkids know how to read! She asked me to warn my guests...

Don't worry. This isn't all she gets for having a show! She is going to rake it in! This is my gift to ______. Pampered Chef pays for the rest!" (briefly explain benefits)

"Before we get started on the food we need to do some quick housekeeping... I need you to take out your receipt, orderform or as some say your shopping list....I need you to fill out the top part before you hand me it tonight. See those questions? Check them if you know the answer right now. (I explain Round up, delivery charges and have them fill out the boxes at the bottom) When I get to the show # I say yes, I really have done that many shows!" Then I briefly tell how I got started, my kids etc... and why I am still doing this.

"Now we are ready to get started on our recipe! ___________chose to make_________. Since I know you are all Pampered Chef veterans I know I don't have to teach Stoneware 101. or I want you all to turn to page___ since most of you haven't been to a show the first part of our cooking class is Stoneware101!"

"As I am chopping and dicing I want you to stay awake so, tell me you name, how you know _______ and...what you love or hate about Pampered Chef products.

Usually I find if you hate something, you were never taught the proper way to use it. Like how to burp the Spritzer. Or it might be a defective or broken item that I can usually, easily take care of for you."

Then as I am dicing, I talk about the warranty then go into the products and recipe. I tell them that "I will be interrupting sometimes to show you something that I LOVE and that I think you need to see."

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Can you explain burping the spritzer? I had a former host last night at my show say that her spritzer only works for a second then goes to a straight stream. Mine does this too. I told her to try the other nozzle that comes with it and if that doesn't work to let me know and we will get it replaced.

You "burp" the spritzer by unscrewing the ring just enough to let the air escape.

Usually if your spritzer is streaming it's not pumped up enough. You've got to pump it until you can't force any more air in. Also, the nozzle might be clogged. Running warm water over and through it should help that.

Thanks for the info! My first show is in 3 days...... I've gone over everything and I'm so afraid that I'm going to forget everything including my name when I start. LOL

When I first started I made an outline...now we have the cards that come in the kit. Write it out and practice with an air demo in the mirror, to the kids, when you are exercising...

You will be glad you did! Good luck!

Great opening Elaine, thanks for sharing! I am going to share this with my new recruits.

Great Opening Elaine... Thanks for sharing that.... do you get alot of bookings from shows when you use your opening?

Wow -- Elaine -- please share the rest of your show if you don't mind. I've gotten lots of NEW ideas from just your opening! I LOVE IT! Hope you don't mind if I borrow it!

thanks a bunch! That is an awesome opening!

THANKS! This is great!

If that is your opening Eliane what is the rest of your show... I just got a whole bunch of ideas from your opening.... please share the rest!!

Wow Elaine that was a great opening. I never know quite how to start.

Thanks for sharing anyone else?

I say "thank you all for coming this evening, and thank you, Susie Host for having a show today. My gift to you is this quickcut paring knife, and this current SB. Take a look at the SB, then pass it around the room, and everyone please sign inside the front cover; so that when Susie opens it up to use it, she'll remember who all was here at her fun PC party.
Now, who has been to a show before? (ask to raise hands) And who has never been? (raise hands) (if there's lots of repeat guests I say 'so we're all PC experts then!') Some of you know that I usually start with introductions. PLease tell me your name, how you know Susie, and your favorite PC product. (or sometimes I'll ask what they'd do with an extra $300-400 a month) Great. My name is Lacy Hammack, and I've been with PC for over 5 years. I first went to a friend's show thinking I didn't need anything, but then fell in love with the entire catalog. So, I hosted a show of my own because she told me of all the freebies she got. Then, talking with the lady who did my show, who's now my director, she told what a great career she has, and it seemed like such a fun job; so I decided to give it a try. Now, 5 years later, I am so glad I went to my first show. It has been one of the best decisions I've ever made, ranking up there with marrying my hubby & having my kids! It started out as a hobby, and now it's a career. It's the best job I"ve ever had; I can balance around my family, and it's usually a girls' night out--we eat, laugh and have fun--and at the end of the month I get a paycheck! Watch what I do tonight, and if you think it's something you could do to help you pay off debt or for whatever reason, I'd be glad to give you some information to take home & look at.
You all have a folder; inside is a catalog. It has my name & number; you're welcome to take it home, and if you ever have questions, problems with your products, or need anything, please give me a call. It also has my website (& I explain the outlet.) There's also a write-in receipt (& I explain the wish list, and shipping charges), and if there's something you need, you can write in in, and we take cash, check made out to me, or credit card. OR the husband plan, where you put a little on all each one, then hubby doesn't know how much you spent!
Now, is anyone else a food network addict like me? Well, I don't compare myself to Rachel Ray or Emeril, but today it's kind of like watching the food network, only you get so sample at the end! Does anyone have any questions before we get started?"

That's my intro, then we get cookin'. Usually takes about 10 minutes....oh wait, I do explain host benefits & the specials too.

I Love it Lacy..... thanks for sharing!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I Love it Lacy..... thanks for sharing!!
Awwww, thanks! And you're welcome!

These are all great! I have my first show on Monday and this will definitely help!

1. What is a show opening?

A show opening is the beginning of a Pampered Chef party or demonstration where the consultant introduces themselves and the products being featured. It is also a time to set the tone and get guests excited for the rest of the party.

2. Why is a show opening important?

A show opening is important because it helps to engage guests and get them interested in the products being presented. It also sets the stage for the rest of the party and can help create a fun and interactive atmosphere.

3. What should be included in a show opening?

A show opening should include a warm welcome to guests, an introduction of the consultant and their background with Pampered Chef, an overview of the products being featured, and an explanation of what guests can expect from the party. It can also include any special promotions or deals for the guests.

4. How long should a show opening be?

A show opening should typically be around 5-10 minutes long. It should be long enough to introduce the consultant and the products, but not too long that it loses the guests' attention.

5. Can a show opening be customized?

Yes, a show opening can be customized to fit the consultant's style and the type of party they are hosting. Some consultants may prefer a more casual and conversational opening, while others may have a more structured and scripted approach. It is important to find a style that works best for the consultant and their guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • janae72
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Admin Greg