• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Going on With Ups Lately??

In summary, UPS is having some issues recently. Some people are reporting that their packages are arriving earlier than expected, while others are saying that deliveries still happen as promised. There are various things you can look for on the UPS site to track a package's progress, but ultimately it is up to the host to be prepared when a show arrives.
letscook04
Gold Member
What is going on with UPS lately??
A couple of weeks ago you couldn’t track your host packages, now they are a day early in delivering them. I told my host you will get you stuff on Friday and she got her stuff on Thursday. This is the second time it has happened to me.:mad: Has this happened to anyone else?

My last two deliveries were one day earlier than expected. In both instances,
HO notified me of shipment on Tues.about 5PM. It arrived in western NY by Thur. noon. Normally, it takes three days for sure. They are doing a super job.

Where do you live? My UPS shipments almost always arrive a day earlier than is posted on the shipping site. So, when I talk to a host I let them know that their show has shipped and they might get it "as soon as" but "maybe not until" a certain date. I just want them to know it is heading in their direction and they should be prepared.

When you go to the UPS site, click on the button that shows details (that MAY be what it's called). If the information is available (and sometimes it's too soon) that should show you exactly where the package is in the process.

Last edited:
My shows are showing up early but I let my hosts know that I will tell them as soon as a show has shipped and try to give them a date for delivery and that sometimes UPS will deliver a day early so that really they need to expect delivery any time after I tell them the show has shipped. I have never had anyone complain about getting their stuff early so I think it's great. If it is a problem for you, you could always have all shows shipped directly to you and then you deliver it to your host.

When you look up a shipment on the UPS site, click on the link that says "View package progress." After awhile, you can begin to decipher what all those UPS locations mean. For example, I have a host in western Iowa who recently had a show come to her in several boxes. They found their way to Omaha (her local distribution center) via two entirely different routes but all arrived on the same day!

What you want to look for is the OUT FOR DELIVERY notation. :)

I'm within 100 miles of TPC, so when something ships, I know I'll have it the next day.

soonerchef said:
My shows are showing up early but I let my hosts know that I will tell them as soon as a show has shipped and try to give them a date for delivery and that sometimes UPS will deliver a day early so that really they need to expect delivery any time after I tell them the show has shipped. I have never had anyone complain about getting their stuff early so I think it's great. If it is a problem for you, you could always have all shows shipped directly to you and then you deliver it to your host.

I never had it showing up early, they are usually on the date it says. I call up my host as soon as a show has been shipped and they are expecting that delivery date. Some of my host seemed upset when they are not excepting UPS and they say that UPS does not leave any boxes if they are not home, so they have to call UPS. My UPS driver leaves stuff for me when I am not home. I guess that I will start telling them to except their stuff a day early. Thanks!
P.S. when you have it delivered to your house, do you then deliver it to your host?

What is going on with UPS lately?

There have been a few recent events that have impacted UPS operations, causing delays and disruptions in package delivery. These include the surge in online shopping due to the pandemic, severe winter weather conditions, and understaffing due to the labor shortage.

Why are my packages taking longer to arrive?

Due to the factors mentioned above, UPS has been experiencing a higher volume of packages than usual, which has resulted in delays in delivery. They are working to process and deliver packages as quickly as possible, but some delays are inevitable.

Is UPS still guaranteeing delivery dates?

Unfortunately, due to the unpredictable circumstances, UPS has suspended their service guarantee for all shipments until further notice. This means that delivery dates may be subject to change, and packages may take longer to arrive than initially estimated.

What is UPS doing to address these issues?

UPS is actively hiring more employees and implementing new technology to help manage the increase in package volume. They are also working closely with their customers to provide updates and resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

What can I do if my package is delayed?

If your package is delayed, the best course of action is to track your package regularly for updates. If there is a significant delay or issue with your package, you can contact UPS customer service for assistance. You may also be able to request a refund for the shipping cost if your package does not arrive within the expected timeframe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • Nanisu
  • General Chat
Replies