• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Indian Recipes Shine in a 12 Skillet?

In summary, Becky shared that she's been asked by an owner of an Indian restaurant to do a demo to provide awareness of the restaurant in the area. She spent 3 weeks in Sri Lanka (off the coast of India) on a mission trip and was exposed to plenty of Indian food. American versions of Indian food are not the same, everything is a curry there, and before she went there, she thought she liked curry but discovered what she liked wasn't really curry. She had to recreate an Authentic Indian Meal for a Missions Event at her church and found the recipes she used online. A demo of cooking Indian food would be helpful because the chef will have the recipe and the spices you would need.
prepchef
Gold Member
I have been asked by an owner of an Indian restaurant to do a demo to provide awareness of the restaurant in the area.

Does anyone know of any Indian recipes that they do or know of? Maybe in the 12" skillet?

Any "Indian" food that PC did wouldn't be truly Indian - I'd google Curry.

I've never really be exposed to Indian food. I'd be curious to try any recipes anyone is willing to share.

I spent 3 weeks in Sri Lanka (off the coast of India) on a mission trip. I was exposed to plenty of Indian Food.

American versions of Indian Food are not the same. Everything is a curry there - either a savory curry or a sweet curry. Before I went there, I thought I liked curry. After eating curry for 3 weeks, I discovered what I like isn't really curry.

I had to recreate an Authentic Indian Meal for a Missions Event at my church - this is where I found the recipes I used.

AUTHENTIC INDIAN CURRY RECIPES

Cool, Becky. Thanks for sharing.

raebates said:
Cool, Becky. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome...just be aware that if you attempt to make these - you will need to tone down the heat ALOT! When we were in Sri Lanka, when the people would cook for us, they would tell us they had toned it down so it wasn't spicy....and it still burned! (and I like spice!)

Some of the recipes call for spices for which there is no substitute here in the States. I was able to find some of them at an Online Indian Grocery.....:rolleyes:

You rock! Thanks!

Paneer cheese is awesome in curry's!!
And naan bread is a must to eat with the dishes. It just tastes soooooo good!!

Yum! I love Indian food. My DH is Indian and his mom cooks the BEST Indian food. That's probably why I've never attempted authentic Indian cooking - it'll never live up to hers! I've tried doing "pretend" recipes but I can't come close to the real authentic stuff.

If you're doing a demo and you're NOT actually making Indian food, you can highlight things that would be helpful like the Stainless cookware, chopper, cutlery, various bowls and measuring stuff (although my MIL never measures stuff which is why I can't really learn - I need recipes to follow!). Authentic Indian food is the kind of thing that can cook all day long. In my mind, it's kind of opposite of what I try to do--make fast and easy meals.:)

Just a thought. But, if the demo is to promote the restaurant, wouldn't be good if you got together with the chef there and cooked one of their recipes using PC stuff? That way you're promoting one of their dishes, and promoting PC tools.I've been told that cooking tandoori chicken in stoneware, is like cooking it in a tandoor (which is they clay oven they use in restaurants). So that could be a good one to try - the chef will have the recipe, and the spices you would need.

That sounds like a great idea Jane!!

That is a good idea! AND Tandoori chicken is sooooooo good!!

Related to What Indian Recipes Shine in a 12 Skillet?

1. What are some popular Indian spices used in your recipes?

Some popular Indian spices used in our India themed recipes include cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala, and cardamom.

2. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in your India themed recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian and vegan options in our India themed recipes, such as vegetable biryani, chana masala, and dal makhani.

3. Can I adjust the spice level in your India themed recipes?

Yes, you can adjust the spice level in our India themed recipes to your liking. We provide suggested measurements of spices, but feel free to adjust according to your taste preferences.

4. Are there any easy and quick Indian recipes for beginners?

Yes, we have a section dedicated to easy and quick Indian recipes for beginners. Some popular options include chicken tikka masala, butter chicken, and naan bread.

5. Do you offer any gluten-free options in your India themed recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of gluten-free options in our India themed recipes, such as gluten-free samosas, tandoori chicken, and mango lassi.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imcooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janej76
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • acherry