• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Tupperware Solve My Indian Meal Moth Problem?

I thinkThe Modular Mates stackable containers are nice. They had a replacement product that had more sophisticated seals, but they were (unfortunately) discontinued because of production problems. The only stuff I found interesting in the catalog was the Modular Mates stackable containers.
Paige Dixon
You may have heard me complain about the Indian Meal Moths I can't get rid of in my pantry. Well, I've decided to find the problem once and for all by Tupperwaring everything in my panty. The alternative would be to toss out hundreds of dollars worth of perfectly good food! So, after lots of searching, I found a consultant who agreed to travel over an hour to come to my home to demonstrate. I explained that I am a PChef consultant and requested she focus on storage containers only!!

Sooooo, if you've been wanting storage containers.... let me know! I'll add your order to the show. You can check out the products at www.tupperware.com. The brochures state that the featured buy if for attendees (I think that means anyone who orders with a party) can get four 20 oz Servalier bowls for $12 (50% off).
They also have some cute Shrek items for your kids' school lunches.

I think I'm busy that day. Let me check.Yup, I'm busy.

~~~~~~~~Ha ha!!~~~~~~~~

Paige -- do you know if the prices on the webpage are the same as the catalog now? They used to jack the price up on the webpage from what it is in the catalog when my sister sold a couple of years ago. I always thought that was terrible!!

Also -- do they have a website that we can order and you get credit for it? In other words -- are they are awesome as we are? (I already know the answer to this one lol!!!)

The consultant hasn't spoken to me since we booked the show, but I received a packet yesterday (for a 6/19 show!). I had asked her if they had anyway for online orders to link to the show. She said they could view the products online and let me know what they wanted. I have no idea if the prices are the same or not, but I'll be checking that out!!
Definately not as awesome as us!
I had gone online to find a consultant and couldn't seem to get a response from any consultants in my town. However, it seems they work towards a couple or family yearly vacation as well as a convertible Pontiac G6. I guess they're trying to compete with both us and Mary Kay.
The only stuff I found interesting in the catalog was the Modular Mates stackable containers. However, I wonder how much I'll end up spending to get my pantry stocked! Maybe I can convince her to come do the labor of "organizing" my pantry for me and just send me the bill!

TW consultantc, if they have their own website, can set up hosts. But it sounds like your consultant doesn't have one, so she's directing everyone to the corporate site.Modular Mates are nice. They had a replacement product that had more sophisticated seals, but they were (unfortunately) discontinued because of production problems.

Oh how I love tupperware!! Could not live without my plastics:p Too bad I live here in Canada I would put in an order with you I'm organizing my kitchen cabinets this week and need containers!!

I'm not supposed to order any because of a terrible experience I had with an unscrupulous TW lady. Long story short, I had to take her to small claims court to get my money and my guests' money back. Because of that whole situation, DH has "banned" TW, so I buy it on the sly and sneak it into the house.

Hey Paige, do you know how much direct shipping will be? Also when are you closing the show? I am wanting the Large Fridge Smart Container and it is on sale up to June 29 for 16.90. How much will shipping be to 35630? Please let me know and I may possibly get it!!

chefann said:
I'm not supposed to order any because of a terrible experience I had with an unscrupulous TW lady. Long story short, I had to take her to small claims court to get my money and my guests' money back. Because of that whole situation, DH has "banned" TW, so I buy it on the sly and sneak it into the house.
I'm an expert at smuggling contraband. Our family used to smuggle colored oleo into Wisconsin from Michigan all the time!

Paige Dixon said:
The only stuff I found interesting in the catalog was the Modular Mates stackable containers. However, I wonder how much I'll end up spending to get my pantry stocked! Maybe I can convince her to come do the labor of "organizing" my pantry for me and just send me the bill!

I had a party in January and the modular mates were 40% off and if you had a $1000 show, you could get a set worth $500 for $50 bucks! I'm officially a modular mater. I LOVE THEM!! Make sure you get a couple of sets of labels!!!

Another thumbs up for Modular Mates.

Tara1021 said:
I had a party in January and the modular mates were 40% off and if you had a $1000 show, you could get a set worth $500 for $50 bucks! I'm officially a modular mater. I LOVE THEM!! Make sure you get a couple of sets of labels!!!

I looked for labels in the catalog a few weeks ago and couldn't find them. Do they still offer them? I didn't see them on the site either, but I may have overlooked them.

pckelly said:
Hey Paige, do you know how much direct shipping will be? Also when are you closing the show? I am wanting the Large Fridge Smart Container and it is on sale up to June 29 for 16.90. How much will shipping be to 35630? Please let me know and I may possibly get it!!

She included a note saying that my tax rate is 4.9% and "handling" is 10%. I'm assuming the handling is the same for direct shipping, but I"ll ask. My show is June 19th, so I'm planning to close it within 5 days afterwards.

genburk said:
I looked for labels in the catalog a few weeks ago and couldn't find them. Do they still offer them? I didn't see them on the site either, but I may have overlooked them.
I don't see any labels, but it says it has a polished window to see what is inside.

well you may need to ask her about it, I would like it. Please email me at [email protected] and we will figure out how to get the payment to you and figure out how to ship it to me! Email me and I will send you my address so you can ask her about it. Thanks!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'm an expert at smuggling contraband. Our family used to smuggle colored oleo into Wisconsin from Michigan all the time!

Leave it to you to bring up Oleo! :) LOL!
When I was little and saw it in my grandma's recipes I had to ask what it was - we already had butter and crisco and all that fun stuff.

She'd tell me the stories of taking trips down to Illinois to go get some.

If anyone needs drinking cups for their no-longer-a-toddler-but-still-clumsy kids...they have these Tumblers...11oz size and they have lids to stick a straw into. I highly recommend them! I use them for my kids and they're awesome!

Paige Dixon said:
She included a note saying that my tax rate is 4.9% and "handling" is 10%. I'm assuming the handling is the same for direct shipping, but I"ll ask. My show is June 19th, so I'm planning to close it within 5 days afterwards.

Oops, it seems the direct shipping charge is 10% plus $4. But it seems she will still use my low tax rate.

janetupnorth said:
Leave it to you to bring up Oleo! :) LOL!
When I was little and saw it in my grandma's recipes I had to ask what it was - we already had butter and crisco and all that fun stuff.

She'd tell me the stories of taking trips down to Illinois to go get some.
My Grandma calls margarine Oleo!

dannyzmom said:
If anyone needs drinking cups for their no-longer-a-toddler-but-still-clumsy kids...they have these Tumblers...11oz size and they have lids to stick a straw into. I highly recommend them! I use them for my kids and they're awesome!

Call me cheap, but I re-use the restaurant kid cups with lids and a place for a straw. In fact, I use them as snack containers (like crackers or goldfish on the go), too.

Remember the homeade juice popsicles when you were a kid? Tupperware's is $19!!! I think I'll stick to a Dixie cup with a popsicle stick!

Paige Dixon said:
Call me cheap, but I re-use the restaurant kid cups with lids and a place for a straw. In fact, I use them as snack containers (like crackers or goldfish on the go), too.

I do this too! My kids fight over the one they want...Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Applebee's...can you tell we eat out wayyyy too often?

Paige Dixon said:
My Grandma calls margarine Oleo!
That's because the real name of that chemical conglomeration is "oleomargarine."

Read the ingredients of that stuff and you'll know why, after a childhood of oleo, I'm back to real butter.

BTW, oleomargarine is lousy for cooking, and especially for frying, because it contains so much water that it boils out the instant it hits the heat.

Okay...WHAT is OLEO?

Paige Dixon said:

Remember the homeade juice popsicles when you were a kid? Tupperware's is $19!!! I think I'll stick to a Dixie cup with a popsicle stick!

Up until today we used the restaurant cups as well - but they get flimsy and crack and get all crapp ylooking after a while. Now today my aunt handed me a stack of TW tumblers that she no longer uses and I am SOLD!

cmdtrgd said:
Okay...WHAT is OLEO?

It was basically the margarine or shortening of years past.
All my old cake recipes call for it...

KG can probably add some more history to it since he probably grew up with it like my mom...

cmdtrgd said:
Okay...WHAT is OLEO?
As KG stated in an earlier post, Oleo is a different abbreviation for the stuff more commonly abbreviated as margarine. In its early days, the color was added by consumers, not the factory. Colored oleo was banned in some places.

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

How's the tupperware party going? What's the hostess plan like? Are you getting lots of free items?

chefann said:
As KG stated in an earlier post, Oleo is a different abbreviation for the stuff more commonly abbreviated as margarine. In its early days, the color was added by consumers, not the factory. Colored oleo was banned in some places.

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

AND: The reason colored oleo was banned was because the Dairy Industry thought it was too much competition. So the Oleo-Margarine makers would add little packets of coloring that had to be kneaded into the Oleo to give it a "butter" look. Sound Yummy?

I was poking around the TW site - it seems they have 2 different business starter kits?
My neighbor is curious - what's the deal to become a consultant - is it like ours where yo have to submit 4 shows or what? anyone know? She is afraid to call a consultant cuz she doesn't want to get hounded - LOL

I'm hosting a TW show later this month. My sister had one last month with one of my MOMS Club acquaintances. It was only her second real show. I didn't know that when I referred my sister to her and the show was horrible.

I booked out of pity (and b/c she booked a July show with me) and now she has reassured me that she has gone to a few other shows to observe and mine will be better.

I feel so bad for her.

The basis of oleomargarine is marganic, or oleic, acids that are made from (mostly) animal fats.

In Wisconsin, unitl 1967, oleomargarine could only be sold in one pound blocks, it looked like a white brick. A little package of coloring came with it, and I remember my grandmother grinding that coloring agent into the block of white oleo with a potato masher.

In fact, it looked like lard.

Speaking of...that's still the secret of good pie crust but let's not get started on that topic - why hijack a thread that's already been throroughly hijacked?

The secret to a good pie crust is actually........vinegar!

JAE said:
How's the tupperware party going? What's the hostess plan like? Are you getting lots of free items?
The catalog has two pages devoted to hostess benefits, but it's hard to tell until you know your sales. I'll be buying a pantry full of modular mates, so hopefully they'll be as cheap as possible. It seems the host benefits are about 20% of sales if you have the largest show and two bookings.

dannyzmom said:
I was poking around the TW site - it seems they have 2 different business starter kits?
My neighbor is curious - what's the deal to become a consultant - is it like ours where yo have to submit 4 shows or what? anyone know? She is afraid to call a consultant cuz she doesn't want to get hounded - LOL
I haven't seen anything about that, except to say that you can have a $1000paycheck after you submit six shows in one month. If you read our kit agreement closely, it actually never says anything about doing 4 or 6 shows, we just tend to tell them that to benefit us.

They do have two different starter kits, neither is too appealing to me.

Paige, don't forget to ask your TW lady about putting some of your order as a guest order to get your sales higher. I'll take a look online and see if there's anything I need.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The basis of oleomargarine is marganic, or oleic, acids that are made from (mostly) animal fats.

In Wisconsin, unitl 1967, oleomargarine could only be sold in one pound blocks, it looked like a white brick. A little package of coloring came with it, and I remember my grandmother grinding that coloring agent into the block of white oleo with a potato masher.

In fact, it looked like lard.

Speaking of...that's still the secret of good pie crust but let's not get started on that topic - why hijack a thread that's already been throroughly hijacked?

When I was taught my pie crust (which always get rave reviews, stoneware or not), I was told that the secret was very cold milk.

Paige Dixon said:
If you read our kit agreement closely, it actually never says anything about doing 4 or 6 shows, we just tend to tell them that to benefit us.

Actually, the kit agreement is a legal contract that says you will do at least 4 shows or $1250 in sales - it pays for the discount on the kit items.

Hmm, my EDirector said they had this discussion at one of the Executive meetings (this was before the new kit, though) and one of the HO ladies asked them to find where on the contract it states that they have to do a certain number of shows. It wasn't on there! They were all surprised, because they had always all promoted it as a deal that was only available to people who were agreeing to complete 6 shows.

Of course, I still play tell recruit leads that they are getting such a great price on the kit because they are agreeing to complete shows. It's always a good idea to burn a bridge or two!

Here's the real secret to my pie crust...http://www.pillsbury.com/Images/products/doughboys/pie.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Here's the real secret to my pie crust...

http://www.pillsbury.com/Images/products/doughboys/pie.gif
Oh no!!

When I first started PChef, I couldn't believe I would be encouraging people to use convenience crap like pie crusts and crescent rolls. I must be way busier now, because I almost never cook from scratch anymore

Related to Can Tupperware Solve My Indian Meal Moth Problem?

1. What is Tupperware and how does it work?

Tupperware is a brand of plastic food storage containers that are designed to keep food fresh and organized. The containers are airtight and can be used in the refrigerator, freezer, and microwave.

2. How can Tupperware help with getting rid of pantry pests like Indian Meal Moths?

Tupperware containers are designed to be airtight, which helps to keep pests out of your food. By storing your food in Tupperware containers, you can prevent pantry pests from infesting your food and causing damage.

3. What are the benefits of using Tupperware for food storage?

Tupperware containers are durable, airtight, and reusable, making them a great option for storing food. They also come in a variety of sizes and shapes to fit different types of food and can be easily stacked in your pantry or fridge for efficient storage.

4. Can I purchase Tupperware through a Pampered Chef consultant?

While Tupperware is a separate brand from Pampered Chef, some Pampered Chef consultants may also sell Tupperware products. It is best to check with your consultant to see if they offer Tupperware products for purchase.

5. What special offers are available for Tupperware products through a Tupperware show?

The featured buy for attendees at a Tupperware show is a deal where you can get four 20 oz Servalier bowls for $12, which is 50% off the original price. Additionally, there may be other promotions and discounts available during the show, so it's always worth checking with your consultant for any current offers.

Back