• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Does Everyone Carry in Your Vehicle?

In summary, In order to be prepared for a show, you keep a few catalogs, a few pens and paper, a few business cards, and a dishwasher at the host's house.
ChefChris
Gold Member
I am putting together a box of things to keep in my mini-van so they are accessible when I am out and about. So what Pampered Chef items do you keep in your vehicle so you are ready at all times?

I keep a few catalogs but no products.

I try to keep some old catalogs, pen & paper (for contact info), some business cards and a few of the current catalog (not too many).

Deleted deleted deleted.

Last edited:
I have a plastic file case, that I keep old catalogs in, DPS slips (to get their info), bridal show flyer's, fundraiser flyers, pens and business cards.

Which reminds me I need to check my supply.

Well, my whole kit is usually in the back of my VUE. Seriously. I store it there. We have a small house, and I got tired of tripping over it, so I usually just keep it in the back of my vehicle.
So - all of the regular products I take to the show in my Consultant Tote
All of my paperwork, spices, cookbooks, and doorprize stuff in my Cranberry Striped Bag
And my stoneware tote with stones and/or SA.

ChefBeckyD said:
Well, my whole kit is usually in the back of my VUE. Seriously. I store it there. We have a small house, and I got tired of tripping over it, so I usually just keep it in the back of my vehicle.
So - all of the regular products I take to the show in my Consultant Tote
All of my paperwork, spices, cookbooks, and doorprize stuff in my Cranberry Striped Bag
And my stoneware tote with stones and/or SA.

Don't you use that stuff in your home too? I would miss all of my stuff if it lived in the car, I use it in my kitchen...

Don't you use that stuff in your home too? I would miss all of my stuff if it lived in the car, I use it in my kitchen..I agree, I have to go through my cupboards before a show as I use so much of my stuff and can't afford duplicates.

My car has my kit in the back. That way I also always have catalogs, order forms, host packets, etc. I don't have to reload my car every time for a show, all I do is take my catalog bag in and change out the forms I need.

I have duplicates of the items I absolutely need at home. Otherwise there is a few time I'll grab stuff out of my car.

ChefPaulaB said:
Don't you use that stuff in your home too? I would miss all of my stuff if it lived in the car, I use it in my kitchen...

Fortunately, I've been doing this long enough that I have doubles of most things now. AND this past winter, I qualified to purchase the New Consultant Kit again (you can do that after 200 shows) - so I was able to get another complete kit to use.

There are a couple things that I have to go get when I need them....but it's just a few steps from my kitchen to my garage!

I actually had a recruit lead ask me last night at a show about what happens if you buy the kit, but already have most of the stuff. I told her that then you get to be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to pack up your kitchen every time you have a show!:D:thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Fortunately, I've been doing this long enough that I have doubles of most things now. AND this past winter, I qualified to purchase the New Consultant Kit again (you can do that after 200 shows) - so I was able to get another complete kit to use.

There are a couple things that I have to go get when I need them....but it's just a few steps from my kitchen to my garage!

I actually had a recruit lead ask me last night at a show about what happens if you buy the kit, but already have most of the stuff. I told her that then you get to be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to pack up your kitchen every time you have a show!:D:thumbup:

So, do you always wash your dishes at the host's house and leave them in your car or wash them at your house and return them to your car?

Wow! Way to organized!

10 catalogs
5 generic host packages
calculator and pen
recipe cards and business cards
drawing slips
old catalogs (usually a big box of them)

There are a few other things but I can't think of them right now. Those are the most important.

jrstephens said:
So, do you always wash your dishes at the host's house and leave them in your car or wash them at your house and return them to your car?

I wash my dishes at the host's house while everyone is shopping.

jrstephens said:

I do both. When I have time, I wash them at the hosts house....or if someone offers to wash, I give them a gift for helping. (last night, the hosts MIL wanted to wash the dishes, so she got a SB, and QK knife. She was thrilled and placed a $100 order!)

If I don't have time to wash them all, I make sure I wash the handwash only stuff first, and then when I get home, I throw the rest in the dishwasher, and then as I take it out of the dishwasher, I repack it.

But I have found that often, people are actually more comfortable chatting with me after the show while we do dishes together. Last night, everyone ended up gathered in the kitchen helping. It was fun!

thanks for all the great ideas. I will be able to put something together now for the back of my mini-van and know that I'm not missing anything.

I sometimes store my kit in the back of the mini-van if I am having a show that same week and doing the same recipe. It really helps.

As to washing dishes at the hosts home - When I started I brought home the dirty dishes and did them at home. Since I started washing my dishes at the hosts home either when they are shopping or after everyone has checked out - it has been great. My kit is all clean and ready to go - Otherwise I got home and I was tired and the dishes waited til the next day and to much of a bother. I love that my dishes are done before I get back home. I would recommend trying it. - I started doing this in January and haven't had a host say no yet. And it helps me a lot.

I also wash my dishes during check out. I try to set up my check out area in the kitchen so when there is a lull in orders I can get started. More than often, the host does offer to help too.

Sometimes I do my dishes at the hosts (which I prefer) but my last show had a sink full of dirty dishes already, and I wasn't about to do hers.

I keep old catalogs, drawing slips, Opportunity brochures, consultant agreements, current mini catalogs in my car. I always have business cards and pens in my purse and that is always with me.

DebbieJ said:
I keep old catalogs, drawing slips, Opportunity brochures, consultant agreements, current mini catalogs in my car. I always have business cards and pens in my purse and that is always with me.

Oh yeah I forgot I also keep 10 recruiting packets on me as well.

I'm surprised so many people use their kit things in their own homes! My kit is all packed up and ready to go, and I've been using the products just to get used to them and putting them right back in the kit when I'm done with them! I wouldn't want everything all put away in my kitchen - I'm sure I'd forget something as I was packing to leave.

When I first started out, I did this too. I just got lazy and wanted most of the items in my own kitchen too! Also, they used to change the color of spatulas, etc. so when they are discontinued, they go in my kitchen.

Now I am at the stage where I am growing out of my cupboards and need to let go of some things.

koima said:
I'm surprised so many people use their kit things in their own homes! My kit is all packed up and ready to go, and I've been using the products just to get used to them and putting them right back in the kit when I'm done with them! I wouldn't want everything all put away in my kitchen - I'm sure I'd forget something as I was packing to leave.

Yeah, but the more I use them, the more ideas and helpful tips I get from them. And the better I get at using them. Besides, what's the point of being a Pampered Chef if all of your pampering items are out in the car! Just my opinion... it would make things a lot easier for shows, but I don't live shows every day. The reason for doing this business is to live and make money...

I load my purse with 3 mini-cats a day. I really don't keep anything in my car but a quick start box :)

I carry catalogs, mini catalogs, specials for this month and next month, OOFs, recruiting DVDs and booklets, and a couple of host kits.I also carry with me a folder with calls to make in case I find myself with a bit of time on my hands.

baychef said:
When I first started out, I did this too. I just got lazy and wanted most of the items in my own kitchen too! Also, they used to change the color of spatulas, etc. so when they are discontinued, they go in my kitchen.

Now I am at the stage where I am growing out of my cupboards and need to let go of some things.

Exactly!

I think once you've been doing this a while, you just get tired of pulling everything out every time you have a show....so, I've used FPV and PC bucks I 've earned to stock my kitchen. Then, all of my kit stuff stays in my kit!
I really liked all of the color changes on products. In my kitchen, most of my glazed stoneware, spatulas, hot pads, microfiber towels, etc...are all discontinued colors. Plus - all of my tools in my kitchen are the ones with the old handles - the new ones are in the TTA in my kit!

I'm beginning to run out of room in my kitchen too! I've had to get rid of everything non-PC!

I'm with ya. I generally leave my kit packed. I re-pack it at the beginning of a season. Stuff that doesn't need to be in there goes into my kitchen. Every once in a while there's a product that I'm dying to use in my kitchen. I'll use FPV or discounts to purchase a second one for my use. (This season it was the Grinder set.)

I also have 2 sets of PC items. I have my kitchen and my kit. Some of the current items I have not only 2, but 3, 4, 5 of them. I LOVE my PC products and when I first started, I was forgetting things at home, so I started using FPV, PC dollars, etc to get more products until I had everything I wanted. Now I have SO much more than I need. I have products that I love but only use once or twice a year and they are in my office, aka, spare bedroom. well, I don't think it qualifies as either office or spare bedroom anymore, it is PC storage. I need to also "let go" of some of my overstock...but what if I want to use it?!

Oh yeah, and my kit stays in my car all the time.

Related to What Does Everyone Carry in Your Vehicle?

1. What kitchen tools and gadgets do you recommend keeping in my car?

We suggest having a multi-purpose knife, a cutting board, a can opener, and a set of measuring cups and spoons. These basic tools can be used for a variety of food preparation tasks on the go.

2. How do I keep my food and drinks cold while traveling?

The best way to keep your food and drinks cold is to invest in a portable cooler or insulated bag. You can also use frozen water bottles or ice packs to keep your items chilled.

3. Are there any non-perishable snacks that are good to keep in my car?

Yes, there are plenty of non-perishable snacks that are great for keeping in your car. Some options include granola bars, nuts, dried fruit, and individual packs of crackers or cookies.

4. What about cooking utensils and cookware?

For cooking utensils, we recommend having a spatula, tongs, and a can opener. As for cookware, a small frying pan and pot can come in handy for making simple meals on the go.

5. How can I keep my car clean while cooking on the go?

To keep your car clean while cooking, we suggest using disposable plates, bowls, and utensils. You can also bring along a small trash bag to dispose of any food waste or packaging.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • janae72
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956