• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do U Take Your Stuff to Shows?

In summary, the expert says to store your kitchen supplies in a tote, use dish towels to separate breakables, and bring a garbage bag to take home dirty dishes.
Jenni
I am new! and oh so excited to be getting started. I have my first show this Sunday. My kit just arrived, it feels like Christmas morning. Did you all keep the boxes your stuff came it? Example my classic batter bowl, do you put it in the black bag or keep it in the box? Thanks :p

I have the old crate. My BB sits in the crate and I pack it full of little stuff. I got the tool turn about carrier which works great to carry all the different tools in the tool turn about. I used to keep the deluxe cheese grater in the box but quit doing that recently. The only thing that is stored in the box now is the heart trivet so it doesn't get scratch. A while back we earned cookware bags as an incentive. I use the small one for my 8" executive skillet then I use one that I made myself from fleece for the 8" stainless saute pan.

I threw my boxes away and packed everything in my black bag with extra towels between everything. That is until I got the cookware protectors. Love 'em!

In my car......heh

I actually pack up the products I'm demonstrating in a large rubbermaid type tub - as I use, I put in there for taking home to clean. It makes clean up quicker because you've been putting it in as you go & you know it will all fit because you brought it that way. It doubles as my dirty bin because I wipes out so easily. I just use kitchen towels to protect glass, stoneware & any cookware the doesn't fit my cookware bags.

All my boxes have been recycled. They all fit in your tote. I sometimes use towels to wrap things.

All boxes were burned.....keep everything in PC totes.

You'll find, as you use things in your own kitchen, that the boxes just get in the way. And they take up a heck of a lot of room in the tote (although that can be good, so you don't pack it so heavy that you can't lift it). I've got a couple of things that "live" in boxes: EAD, Cookie Press, UM.You'll also start to get creative at packing. I did the Creamy One Pot Pasta at a show recently, and packed the 4qt bowl from the SS bowl set inside the stockpot, with a couple of other little tools inside the bowl.

I am new, too. I do have the old crate, though! I am planning to carry everything in my tote and then take a garbage bag and the crate for my dirties.

Great question!

I was worried too when I got the kit and wondered about breakage and such. I quickly found the boxes bulky and cumbersome and only kept one for the SA bowls... and... I think that's it. I got PC towels and a table cloth which I use at shows and I use to pad things I worry about breaking but the boxes are on the back porch awaiting recycling.

I take the old crate and two large wicker baskets with handles. I turn the baskets upside down for the shows and display some of my cookware and cookbooks on it. I do feel like I take waaaay too much though. I had a show last Thursday and today is the first day that my back isn't killing me. I think I had a pinched nerve from carrying all that heavy stuff.

I put dish towels between the breakables but I finally got everything to fit in the way I wanted. I want to earn PC bucks to get the rolling tots since I am so tiny with a bad back, I about fall over when I pick up my tote. I did order the turn about tote and everything fits nicely in that aswell to take to a party.

I have a suitcase with wheels, I use that and my TTA tote. If I need to take extra stuff, I have a plastic tote from stapels with wheels. I have really cut down on the stuff I take, and it seems like the things I decide to leave at home are the things that people want to see.OH well. I use dish towels and the pan protectors to seperate stuff. And sometimes, by teenage son goes with me if it very far away, he has his driving permit and likes to practice. of cousre if he is not busy with his baseball, shooting sports, or show anaimals, or FFA or 4H stuff.

At my first show ... BEFORE the show, all the PC stuff fit in the black bag. I have a tote that I use during shows. BEFORE the show, all the paperwork goes in the tote. DURING the show, the paperwork and products are out, and the tote gets used for dirty dishes. AFTER the show, the paperwork and unused products fit in the bag.

HOWEVER ... I've gotten some stoneware products and a triffle bowl. So I have a PC box that they sent me stuff in. Tonight at that show, that box contained the triffle bowl, deep covered baker and the SA caddy and bowls. I use the caddy for candy, that I hand out for games and stuff.

I have the old crate. I also have a tote that I won from my director. I pack the tote, put it into the crate. I have a TTA tote as well. I have two tablecloths-The new cranberry one which is fabric-that goes on the table. Before I start my demo I take my other tablecloth which is a beige thick vinyl with PC logo on it. I put that in the crate with the vinyl side up. As soon as I am done with a tool it goes into the crate in the center on the vinyl side ( it wipes clean very easily) Then I fold the rest of the tablecloth over and I pack it away in the car. I rinse out what I can but if I don't have time it's no big deal. My husband has the dishwasher empty for when I get home and the sink full for what I need to wash by hand.

I bring the tablecloth in the bathtub and give it a nice bubblebath for the evening to soak everything out.

I have been a consultant for a while and I finally found something that worked for me.

I often get great comments on my system, people love that I don't always do the dishes at the host house.

Sorry so long ladies.. :D

Oh I forgot. I used to take way too much stuff to my shows. Now I take what is in the new consultant kit. I tell people that what they see is the best product they can buy. When people see how easy to transport everything they are more interested to try the opportunity.

I bring a lot of extra's in my TTA. I even fit the small batter bowl upside down on top of the chopper, then zip it up. it's truly amazing how much can fit in there without being looking like too much to guests and hosts.

I used to pack the tote, the crate, bring extra's. Not anymore that is why we have the catalog and why we have the great first 30 day guarantee.

I used to get comments like " that looks like too much work for me", or " Poor you to have to carry all that heavy stuff". I always tried to put a positive spin on those comments with a huge smile like " yes but it's way better than sitting in trafic for hours to get to work" or " yes but I am so in shape now because of Pampered Chef I have muscles in places where I didn't before and my heart is thankful for it."

I tell you my back is a lot happier for the lighter load. :D

I do not keep the boxes. I do not have room for them all. I do have somethings I keep in the box and I mean they literally stay there all the time, ha!..cookie press, decorator bottles for example.

I take all my products in a wicker basket. I nest a lot of them together or put small tools inside bigger items. I sit the basket by my table to the dirty dishes to go in as I demo.

I have a Tote with my name monogrammed in it that I use for my paperwork and prizes.

And a seperate case for my laptop.

I bring the paper work and my laptop in my computer backpack. I'm new so I mostly only have the things in the new consultants kit (although that is changing. No boxes - I put the SA dishes in the holder on one side (on top of the mini muffin tin and cooling rack. On the other side I put the batter bowl with my apron inside it, cushioning the two prep bowls. I don't wear the apron - so I don't mind that it gets wrinkly this way. The UM gets put in the narrow pocket. Most everything else gets put in the wider pocket. The pocket on the other side holds the large bar pan and the cutting board. This seems to work... but I just got 3 new knives, 2 small tiled bowls, 6 prep bowls a couple of books, 2 trivets and the HWC host gift to squeeze in now! ZK

Totes at Sam'sI got some great totes at Sam's club. 4 for $21.00. They are like cloth covered boxes, with handles, with sturdy bottoms and zipper closed tops. VERY nice and professional looking. I take everything in 2 totes. There are places for business cards on each side of each tote. I love them.

I have a wicker basket from the Dollar Store. All my products go in there. I have a bag for my laptop and a monogrammed bag with my name on it for all my paperwork and prizes. The monogrammed bags sit in my wicker basket, so, that I am only carrying two things. I put my dirty dishes in the bottom of the wicker basket, then my tableclothe, then my clean dished and monogrammed bag to come home with, so, I carry two things out.

I only take the products to a show that I need for the demo, no extras.

My paperwork go into a briefcase. Everything else goes into the consultant tote. I only bring what I can carry in my tote unless the host has asked to see something in particular which I bring if I have it.

I went to Regional today and have been convinced that I bring too much stuff to shows. I feel like I'm selling what I'm showing, but I'm going to try taking less. So, it's just going to be what is needed for the recipe and maybe a couple extra things (can't imagine doing a show without showing the collapsible bowl).
I've been carrying everything in the tote that comes with the kit and putting everything in a garbage bag in the tote to bring home and wash. It's worked so far :)

1. How do I transport my products to shows?

There are several options for transporting your products to shows. You can use a rolling suitcase or cart, tote bags, or plastic bins. Make sure to choose a method that is easy to carry and can protect your products from damage.

2. Should I bring all of my products to every show?

No, it's not necessary to bring all of your products to every show. Choose a selection of products that you think will appeal to the specific audience at the show. This will also make it easier to transport and set up your display.

3. How do I pack fragile items for transport?

If you have fragile items, such as glass or ceramic pieces, make sure to pack them carefully with bubble wrap or packing paper. You can also use dividers or inserts to keep items from shifting during transport.

4. Can I ship my products to the show location?

While some vendors may choose to ship their products to the show location, it is generally not recommended. Shipping can be expensive and there is a risk of items being damaged in transit. It's best to transport your products yourself or hire a local shipping service if necessary.

5. How can I make loading and unloading my products easier?

Invest in a folding table or cart to use for loading and unloading your products. This will save you from having to constantly bend down to pick up and set down items. You can also use a dolly or hand truck for heavier items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
reesefamily5
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mvspenny
  • sunset424
  • Products and Tips
Replies