• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are Your Suggestions for a Team Name, Mascot, and Theme Song?

In summary, the conversation is about creating a mascot and theme song for a leadership team and some suggestions for it. Some people suggest an aggressive mascot like a panther or a lion, while others think it may come off as too aggressive. There is also discussion about attending cluster meetings and how it can benefit one's business.
nikkijo
Anyone else's dirctor come back from leadership and want to name their team? Have a mascot and a theme song? Ours does and I'm clueless on suggestions. What do you all think about this?

If you already have these what are they?

I think it's an awesome idea!! I look forward to hearing what some teams are using! I am big into motivating people and keeping things fun and exciting. I try to do a lot of themes at our trainings. Last year in the fall we kept with a Western Theme - because Leadership was in Dallas...anyone who came to meetings in cowboy boots was entered into a drawing...things like that.

I think the mascot should be something aggressive-like a panther or a lion or something like that.

My director requested that everyone dresses up like pirates (for the Atlantis incentive) but I don't go to the meetings. A cluster mate told me that no one dresses up but her and her kids, LOL!!

Why don't you go to the meetings, Gil?

I am a slacker and my director lives 75 mins from me. My meetings are on Mondays (3rd Mon I think) and my DH has a pool league that night. We have one car, so I have to find a car and a sitter. I promised her I would go now that I am serious about directorship, so I need to get something happening for tomorrow night, LOL!

chefkristin said:
I think the mascot should be something aggressive-like a panther or a lion or something like that.

Ohhh...I like the panther idea.

Panther sounds too agressive to me, like all you do is pounce on people, LOL!

gilliandanielle said:
I meant it in the sense of being a go-getter as far as bookings, recruits, in other words aggresive about your business!

gilliandanielle said:

That was my first thought too. I guess it can be taken a couple of different ways. It would all depend on who sees your mascot. If it's mainly for your team, they will know the meaning behind it.

GeorgiaPeach said:
That was my first thought too. I guess it can be taken a couple of different ways. It would all depend on who sees your mascot. If it's mainly for your team, they will know the meaning behind it.

I agree completly...only the team will see this unless at a pampered chef training so potential host or customers will not see it and take it the wrong way.

gilliandanielle said:
My director requested that everyone dresses up like pirates (for the Atlantis incentive) but I don't go to the meetings. A cluster mate told me that no one dresses up but her and her kids, LOL!!

She has her kids at the meetings?

They are at her house and I guess her 8 year old stays for the meetings... I'll find out tomorrow what they're like I guess. I am a cluster meeting VIRGIN!!

You mean you didn't even go to ONE meeting when you first started Gill??? I guess you better make time to go at least once to see what it's like, lol, so you can know what you can borrow or definately leave behind when you start having your meetings, lol.

I have never been to a meeting in my LIFE! I went to a HO training in Anchorage last spring and met some of my cluster, but have never been to an actual meeting. The good news is I have 2.5 years of recognition stuff saved up, LOL!

I am SO excited to make director so I can have my own meetings and stay home :)

So then Get on the Ball Gill, and start your meetings, I think that someone in my cluster once said that you can actually do your own meetings once you get to be a FD, maybe?

Out of my 5 recruits only two live in my town, so my meetings would be pretty sad right now!

gilliandanielle said:
Out of my 5 recruits only two live in my town, so my meetings would be pretty sad right now!

I've moved my business from KY to GA. The majority of my cluster is up north so my GA cluster is pretty slim. Yes, larger meetings are more fun but small meetings can really help you build your relationship with your consultants and focus on the training that will benefit them.

I know I always get allot out of our cluster meeting and next month I've got to be there, as I'm doing most of the discussion.

But you wouldn't have all that recog. at my directors meetings.......
The good news is I have 2.5 years of recognition stuff saved up, LOL!

If you don't show up to get Dec. in Jan., you have until Feb. meeting to come or you loose out. She used to keep for months on end and I think got frustrated with those who don't attend, so if you don't come after 2 months, so sorry you've lost your things that are from her, of course she keeps the things from HO, but her own things you loose.

My directors rewards are really nice to, and she's going to pay for me to go to conference, lol. I've got over $50.00 in Cluster Cash for going toward Nationals Conference, so I'm excited!!

Hope you can get to your meeting tomorrow night!!

Lisa

A panther??? I think I would be scared rather than motivated....LOL. Pounce..hahahaha that word made me laugh..Let's have like TIGGER.....LOL
I am just kidding..I have no idea. I am so cuddly..my ideas would be puppies and kittens..hell that would motivate me...LOL

Most directors don't save recognition from month to month. The incentive is to come to that month's meeting to get your goodies.

My guess is Gillian is joking about her director giving her all that recognition :) but thought I'd add that in case someone else was wondering.

Jilleysue said:
A panther??? I think I would be scared rather than motivated....LOL. Pounce..hahahaha that word made me laugh..Let's have like TIGGER.....LOL
I am just kidding..I have no idea. I am so cuddly..my ideas would be puppies and kittens..hell that would motivate me...LOL

CHANT "We are the McCarthy cluster hear us......MEOW" Sorry Jill, I'm just not feeling it :D

GeorgiaPeach said:
CHANT "We are the McCarthy cluster hear us......MEOW" Sorry Jill, I'm just not feeling it :D

HAHAHAHHAHA..OH GOD that was funny:D

GeorgiaPeach said:
Most directors don't save recognition from month to month. The incentive is to come to that month's meeting to get your goodies.

My guess is Gillian is joking about her director giving her all that recognition :) but thought I'd add that in case someone else was wondering.
I was joking about the recongition, LOL! I do get my FD pin that I earned in September though, amd my recongition stuff for this month!

I can't believe you've never been to a meeting Gill! I don't think I've ever missed one!

OK- today is the big day... I need to wash my new maternity PC shirt and shrink it! It could be a Britney Spears maternity dress right now.What should I bring?? I e-mailed my director but she hasn't responded. Do I bring a pen and paper? I am SO nervous!!

Bring pen and paper, your calendar and any questions you might have.

Like my PC planner as the calendar?

Yes your pc planner will work. I always take a notebook and pen as well. Have fun!

I am leaving for my meeting in 10 mins, and I am kind of nervous!! What a dork... I even SHOWERED!

Well at least you will smell good, lol. Good luck, nothing to be nervous about you NEWBIE!!! LMAO

Okay, that was the weirdest meeting EVER! I can't really describe why, just not what I expected. I knew more about Pampered Chef and the new products from being on here 24/7 than the DIRECTORS!! It was really clique-y and kinda felt like high school...

I will go back I guess, but not really the motivating GO ME I was expecting.

I AM MOTIVATED- to be a director so I can have my own meetings!!

Well, at least now you can say you went! And it is important that you do have self-motivation.

GO GILL, GO GILL.....:D

I'm sorry it wasn't what you expected Gill.....I thought that with that one being your first one (and you are so far away) they would have made a big to do about it and made you feel really welcome.

When I had my meeting on Sunday I too felt that in some area's I knew more than my director. She would be trying to look up information on some of the new items and I already had it. I think that in some area's I knew more because of not being at leadership and just waiting for all of theinformation and all of our discussions of the new products.

Gill I know you said that you only have a couple of people to have a meeting with, you could still have your own. My director only had four of us at her meeting on Sunday. She's just promoted and I think she has 6 under her.

Gillian - I would start holding your own. My hospitality director has meeting every month and only myself and one of her consultants show up, but we have the best time. I have gotten to know them very well and enjoy their company very much.

Sorry you didn't have the best time at your meeting.

Tracy

Thanks guys- I don't want to hurt my director's feelings, so I am going to wait until I hit director (soon!) and have meetings with another director in my town and cluster that only has 3 in the area. We talked about it all the way home from my director's house...

With youliving so far away from your director I'm sure that youwill not hurt her feelings.

Back to the original question about a theme. My director's last name is Batt. My friends all thought it was hilarious that I was part of the Batt Cluster. (Do I hear any of you humming the Batman theme? Trust me. Almost every one of my friends did.) :rolleyes:

Now she's "teamed up" with another director for our meetings. Her last name is Ball.

That's right, ladies and gents. I'm now part of the Batt & Ball Team. :eek: Here in Northern Indiana we have no need to think really hard about names or mascots. As for theme songs, how does this sound?

Take me to the PC Show.
Take me out with the gals.
Show me the Chopper and Mandoline.
Stoneware's the best thing to bake stuff in.
Now I'll ask about opportunities.
I'll try it on as a test.
Wow, it's great to work for yourself
At the Pampered Chef!

raebates said:
Back to the original question about a theme. My director's last name is Batt. My friends all thought it was hilarious that I was part of the Batt Cluster. (Do I hear any of you humming the Batman theme? Trust me. Almost every one of my friends did.) :rolleyes:

Now she's "teamed up" with another director for our meetings. Her last name is Ball.

That's right, ladies and gents. I'm now part of the Batt & Ball Team. :eek: Here in Northern Indiana we have no need to think really hard about names or mascots. As for theme songs, how does this sound?

Take me to the PC Show.
Take me out with the gals.
Show me the Chopper and Mandoline.
Stoneware's the best thing to bake stuff in.
Now I'll ask about opportunities.
I'll try it on as a test.
Wow, it's great to work for yourself
At the Pampered Chef!

Love it!!!:p

Now all you need is a logo...

hows this?

Attachments

• bat and ball jewels.jpg
    bat and ball jewels.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 398
Hey Darby, that's perfect!

So Gill did you learn what to do and what not to do when you start holding your own meetings?????Rae, that is so funny! It reminds me of 2 years ago when I went to my first conference and we had to make up a 'commercial' for PC at our exec. dinner at each table.

It was seriously like high school... you could visably see the different groups of people. I thought it would be more like here where everyone has their own separate lives and interests, but we all join together over PC. I just felt out of place and left out. AND my director had a "reserved" seat for me up front with the other wannabe directors.

My director didn't know anything about the recruiting promo (isn't that what the meeting is for?) so I told her that you need to recruit between 1/22 and2/28 and if they qualify within 30 days you get the bag. This other director (she was Ms. Alaska if that helps show her personality) says "You're wrong! It is recruit between 1/22 and 1/31 and you get the bag when they qualify in 30 days." I knew I was right but let it go. I came home, checked the flyer, and sure enough...I was right! She was apparently talking about the conference attendees special. Now ALL 20 people at the meeting have incorrect info about the promo. I just felt like I wasted my time and knew everything they were talking about anyway...

I know how you feel Gill, when I do get a chance to go to a meeting any more, the people that I do know and get along with some of them quit or just quit going to her meetings, so I feel kinda' funny, not that I have been since this summer, but that's about how it goes.

I just can't imagine being at conference with these people and not being able to ESCAPE!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Laurie
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • floccies
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies