• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some tips for success when starting to sell products?

or so ago. If you've been selling for 7 years, you are not eligible for the 30 or 90 day bonus structure. You would have to wait until your shows were scheduled and ready to hold before signing up.
Oklabell
I am signing up tomorrow to sell and I can not wait!!!!!!!!! I am a SAHM and could use a little time out of the house so I think this is going to be great. I was just wanting to ask one question:

What is the one piece of advice you wished someone would have told you when you started selling?

I look forward to reading everyone comments, thanks so much for everything I have learned, just by looking you guys convinced me by your posts that PC is right for me!!!!

Only advice I'd give is: STAY POSITIVEPC along with any business and life, has its ups and downs. Stay focused and positive and it will be a great business for you.This company gives an abundance of resources - use them! :)Welcome and enjoy!

This is probably in your "Welcome" booklet in your kit, but if your anything like me... you probably won't read the entire thing..LOL.

Make sure that you mark all of your personal and family commitments on your calendar FIRST and then mark the dates you are willing to book shows on.
DO NOT STRAY FROM YOUR AVAILABLE DATES! You don't let the customer tell you when they are available for a show, you tell them when YOU are available and let them pick from those dates.
I won't get heavily into it, but 6 years ago when i first started, i used to just open up my calendar and say "Pick a date"!!
wow, did I ever get myself into a rut! Just make sure you are in control of your own schedule!

that is great advice. Thanks you two.

I tell all of my recruits- try to get out of your circle of friends AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!! For your first few shows especially, ask them to invite people you do not know. This helped me tremendously, because by my 4th show, I did not know anyone in the room except my hostess.

Don't feel you have to know everything to recruit...my biggest mistake!!

You are not taking business away from yourself by recruiting.

If you follow the training, you will not be bothering people. This feeling will come up many, many times...ignore it.

As Janet said...don't get discouraged. You will. I am starting my ninth year and I still battle this from time to time!! Just remember that McDonald's didn't sell a billion hamburgers in a few months or years!! Every successful person has learned to either over come discouragement or at least manage it to the point where it is just a short set back.

Welcome! My advice is stay POSITIVE and Follow Up is key. Good luck! :chef:

I wish someone would have explained the 30 and 90 day bonus structure to me. I would have waited to sign until my shows were scheduled and ready to hold.

I also wish someone would have told me to actually ask every guest at the show if they would like to have a show. I wasn't getting bookings and couldn't understand why. I only relied on the prize drawing slips. Now, I don't look at the slips until I get home, and I try my hardest to speak to each guest individually and ask them if they are interested in having their own show. This would have also helped me get more bonuses in my first 90 days.

Welcome! You've gotten great advice so far. Just wanted to add - don't forget to ask for referrals! Some people don't want to be a consultant or host (or buy products - GASP!), but they know people who do!

I wish someone would have explained the 30 and 90 day bonus structure to me. I would have waited to sign until my shows were scheduled and ready to hold.???? I'm confused! If you've been selling for 7 years I don't think that structure was in place then I think we've only had it for a few years (maybe seasons, they do tend to run together) maybe thats why it wasn't explained (that wasn't typed in a sarcastic tone) I just don't think it was an option then

Teresa Lynn said:
I wish someone would have explained the 30 and 90 day bonus structure to me. I would have waited to sign until my shows were scheduled and ready to hold.

???? I'm confused! If you've been selling for 7 years I don't think that structure was in place then I think we've only had it for a few years (maybe seasons, they do tend to run together) maybe thats why it wasn't explained (that wasn't typed in a sarcastic tone) I just don't think it was an option then

JAE was a consultant for 6 years - a few years ago. She stopped selling, but then re-signed about a year ago. This time around, the new consultant period was different than it was last time she sold, and her director didn't explain to her how the new system worked.

Remember that there are ups and downs and do not get discouraged. You will have months where your sales are high and then you can have several slow months. When its slow -work the 3-2-1 even harder and things will pick up.

I wish I had known the theory of "fishing for whales"

At checkout instead of going right for the booking start with asking about the Opportunity and go down from there.
Ask in this order Are you interested in learning more about:
The PC opportunity?
A cooking show?
Passing catalogs to take orders?
A recipe card? (this is so if they say no to everything else they can say yes to something and leave on a positive note.

STAY POSITIVE!

This buisness (or any you own) has many ups and downs. Treat everything as a learning opportunity.

Become a walking talking PC billboard. The hardest part of this business is letting everyone know you work with PC. The products will sell themselves.
Also either make or order business cards and leave them everywhere you can. BC's are cheaper than catalogues and I actually have better luck with them.
Also, since you're not ready to have a show yet, I would talk to as many people as you can and use the excuse that you want thier opinion about PC. I talked to my neighbors and co-workers about it before I started and had several people wanting to place orders before I even started.

This is all such great advice!!

Take the online training courses, stay in touch with your director/recruiter weekly! (hopefully they'll be calling YOU or emailing YOU) and take advantage of all the wonderful resources PC has to offer. I have gotten a lot out of the cd's I ordered. Booking strategies from the Pros and Time Management and Organization are my favorites (so far!)

Stay organized, stay positive, most importantly, HAVE FUN! :) SMILE :)

etteluap70PC said:
I wish I had known the theory of "fishing for whales"

At checkout instead of going right for the booking start with asking about the Opportunity and go down from there.
Ask in this order Are you interested in learning more about:
The PC opportunity?
A cooking show?
Passing catalogs to take orders?
A recipe card? (this is so if they say no to everything else they can say yes to something and leave on a positive note.

STAY POSITIVE!

This buisness (or any you own) has many ups and downs. Treat everything as a learning opportunity.

My Director calls this Sliding DOWN the Mountain! It helped me remember!

I'd also like to add... I wish I had gotten organized right off the bat. I just got some handy Business in a Binder and Organize your office in a day flyers. Here they are. Keeping those contacts organized is key. Follow through.... USE P3 effectively. Even if someone doesn't order products at the show. If you have their info, plug it in. The program generates an easy report you can print out.

Attachments

• BINDERIZE_YOUR_PAMPERED_CHEF_BUSINESS.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 529
  • Get_Your_Business_Organized_in_a_Day.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
sign0016.gif

Remember a few things
Host coaching
CCC - customer care calls
Host coaching
follow through
Host coaching

I wish I had not jumped into the business and spent so much money! I bought T-shirts, business cards, more products etc...! All you need to get started is your kit and a great support line and you have BOTH! You can build up to the marketing supplies as you start to make more and more money! Do go spending money before you make it!

I would just recommend get alot of the PC recipe cards (I think you get like 30 or 40 in a pack for $1.00) Creat a lable with all of your contact info and hand those out as your business cards (that all I use now) That way your contacts will have your info and a GREAT recipe! But always remember to ask for their contact info 1st so you can follow up with them your self! Never wait for them to call you!

Just remember to have FUN and stay positive! When you are enjoyings your business others will too!

Don't try to 'reinvent the wheel.' I spent a lot of time and money making up fancy flyers and putting lots of extras in my lapboards. It didn't improve my sales and just made more work for me.

Now, I just put the catalog and order form in the lapboards and pass around a guest special and upcoming hostess specials flyers in sheet protectors. I get the same response for a lot less work and money spent on copies.

I also made up an elaborate Homemade for the Holidays recipe book trying to entice more bookings, and although people liked it, it didn't really get me any more bookings.

That's just me. I was excited to try my hand at the marketing end of things, and it really wasn't recessary.

I also agree about not needing a lot of extra stuff. Spend your PC dollars on products to show, catalogs, and order forms, but not a lot of extras. I'm in my 7th month and I just got business cards. (I like the suggestion above about the recipe cards!) A catalog with your information on the back is all you need to pass out to potential hosts and customers.

Enjoy your new business! :D

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. Our mission is to help people discover the joy of cooking and create delicious meals and memories with their loved ones.

2. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can reach out to an existing consultant or visit our website to sign up. Our team will provide you with all the resources and training you need to start your own successful business selling our products.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a great way to earn free products, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and have a fun and interactive experience with your friends and family. You will also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only products at a discounted price.

4. How do I place an order with Pampered Chef?

You can place an order with Pampered Chef through a consultant, online through our website, or by hosting a party. Our consultants will provide you with personalized recommendations and help you find the perfect products for your cooking needs.

5. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee on all our products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase. Our consultants will be happy to assist you with any returns or exchanges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessneeley
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Tammy D