• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Must Haves When Beginning

In summary, Tiffany bought a website and a laptop, Pampered Chef recommends getting a lapboard and calculator, and Michele is supporting her twin kids with her business.
tripletmommie
Hey there everyone! I am just getting started and I am super excited. I have not received my kit yet but I just had a consultant do a show at my house and I am ready to SELL SELL SELL!

I realize you need your PC items, and I bought a portable fold up table to take to shows with me. Can any of you recommend other things that you bought or take with you to make your business easier. I'd love to have a laptop, but my hubby says the idea is to make money first, lol :)

Any advice you can offer would be great and I'm really excited I found this site.
PS....YES I have two year old triplets, two girls and a boy! Am I nuts for starting this right now? I HOPE NOT :)
THanks again
Tiffany

What to getThere are many things you can get obviously but it can be easy to make this a non-profit business if you get carried away! There are many people who want to do this for a profit and many who doe it for other reasons. If you're looking to make a profit I would keep costs to a minimum at first.

One thing that I have found very helpful that is inexpensive is to have a separate tupperware container that I put all of my dirty dishes in. This helps me get out of the host's house quicker and I simply load everything in the dishwasher when I get home.

A website is also something definately worth the investment in my opinion as I have had hosts use the evites and receive orders from relatives and friends outside the area. It also makes it easy to do online catalog shows and gives you the ability to direct people to your site for wedding registry.

A laptop is one of my desires but I want to pay for it out of my profits first. I don't know how much I would use it at the actual show but it would be nice when closing out a host's show at their home and calculating their discounts and totals.

Good luck and most importantly, have fun!

Michele

I bought a website right away-worth every penny. I also want a laptop, but want to make sure I'm ahead before I spend that $. I'm in my ss3 and my commission was $650 last month, so , I now feel like i made back my investment of kit, supplies, samples, ink, paper, ink ;)

In the same boatI feel your pain! I'm in the same boat -- a new PC consultant (SS1) who wants to get started on the right foot. I have had my first show already and got 4 bookings (1 catalog and 3 cooking). I bought a large Rubbermaid container at Walmart for my dirty utensils. I am going to order some items from Nancy's Artwork (catalog bags, logo stickers for my car, and a pin to wear). These are all very inexpensive. As soon as I'm qualified, I'm going to get a website. With my first show at $808, I'm hoping to be qualified with my next show. I'm trying really hard not to "over-invest" also because there are so many things you could buy. Just give it time and you'll have profit to spend instead of paying out-of-pocket. That's my strategy. Good luck!:)

Well, I must say that being a twin mommy, the first thing I needed was PC! Now, that you have that you are on your way. No, you are not crazy for starting this now...it's probably exactly what you need! :D :D And, isn't have a bunch of two y/o running around a blast? :rolleyes:

I have been doing this for two years and I just got my laptop in January, I must say that I love having it...especailly for working on PC (and visiting) this site while the kids are running around, I don't have to limit my work to naptime as much as I used to.

Pampered Chef does a great job of getting you the tools that you really need to get started, I used only those for the first 8 months. With that being said, I would say that you should have some type of lapboards since they make it so much easier for your guests. A calculator is also a must ;). A money bag, to hold all of the checks and cash. I have found that I only use my folding tables for fairs and craft shows, I use what the host has at her/his house. And last but not least, being that you are a mom of trips you have a very compelling recruiting story, so don't forget that. Because after all, if you have time to do a PC business being the busy mom of trips then anyone can do it, right? :D :D

i bought a whole bunch of pens for the order forms, door prizes, a binder for a booking binder (a whole dollar!!) just small stuff like that. here recently i outgrew my starter box (the one you get all your paperwork in when you start) so i went and bought a big plactic tub with lid for five bucks to put all my paperwork and door prizes in. stick to the basics for now...the rest will come. i have only been doing this for 10 months and i got way to carried away at first because i wanted all the products!!!:D spent way to much!!!

"Hello Neighbor!" LetterHi there I am new to the whole P.C. experience, but I'm looking so forward to it! I was wondering if anyone had a good "Hello Neighbor" template letter to put in catalogs when I had them out to the neighbors I don't know....Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Here is my neighborhood flyer I used during my SS month one. I updated the specials for the current months. If this isn't your SS1 you will have to take off the free seasonings that your first 6 cooking show hosts get. HTH

Attachments

• Neighborhood.doc
    29 KB · Views: 485
I found that getting folders or lap boards for each guest was very helpful. It gives them a place to keep their catalogue and order forms together.

You'll also need envelopes for your host packets, and some sort of filing system. I finally got a large metal filing cabinet, but not everyone needs that! Just make sure it's sturdy enough to hold catalogues and order forms... the first one I got was too flimsy!

Also, the office supplies from Merril are good. You don't have to use their business cards and such, of course... but it's good to have some, even if they're just printed on your computer. The stamp from them is essential, though, if you don't want to be hand-writing on everything or wasting ink on labels. Once you get logged in to the Consultant's Corner, you'll be able to order that stuff.

I reallllly want to get a laptop, but I'm saving up right now! Just got a new car yesterday, so I'm going to be tight on money for awhile. Time to book more shows!

chefmelody said:
The stamp from them is essential, though, if you don't want to be hand-writing on everything or wasting ink on labels.

Chef Melody,

Can you give me some info on the Merrill stamp. At conference last year T&C was coming out with a new stamp to be used on glossy paper (so we would not have to line our living room floor with drying catalogs!). T&C is now gone and I am hesitant to order the Merrill stamp, for fear it will take for ever to dry on the catalogs.

Re: Neighbor Letter
pampermeRai said:
Hi there I am new to the whole P.C. experience, but I'm looking so forward to it! I was wondering if anyone had a good "Hello Neighbor" template letter to put in catalogs when I had them out to the neighbors I don't know....Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Thanks rayday! That is exactly what I was looking for!:)

rayday said:
Here is my neighborhood flyer I used during my SS month one. I updated the specials for the current months. If this isn't your SS1 you will have to take off the free seasonings that your first 6 cooking show hosts get. HTH

Thanks rayday! That's exactly what I was looking for :)

I didn't use Merril to get labels and stamps for myself. I found an online coupon for www.iprint.com to get a free self-inking stamp, and I got 350 custom labels from them (multiple colors) with stock (or clip art) of kitchen utensils. All that and priority shipping cost me $14. The labels and the stamp have my name, mailing address, phone number, consultant number and email address. I don't have a Web site, so I didn't put it on there.At iPrint, you can edit the font and size and change the layout to whatever you want it to look like right there on the Web site. I like having a unique look that shows my personality.

1. What are the must-haves when beginning with Pampered Chef?

When beginning with Pampered Chef, it is important to have a few essential items to get started. These include a good set of knives, cutting boards, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a variety of cookware such as pots, pans, and baking sheets.

2. Do I need to invest in expensive kitchen tools to be successful with Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need to invest in expensive kitchen tools to be successful with Pampered Chef. Our products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier, but you can still achieve great results with basic kitchen tools as long as they are of good quality.

3. Can I use Pampered Chef products in my everyday cooking?

Yes, Pampered Chef products are designed to be used in everyday cooking. Our goal is to make cooking and meal preparation easier, faster, and more enjoyable for everyone, regardless of their level of cooking experience.

4. Is there a specific order in which I should purchase Pampered Chef products?

There is no specific order in which you should purchase Pampered Chef products. It ultimately depends on your individual cooking needs and preferences. However, we recommend starting with some basic essential products, such as knives and cookware, before moving on to more specialized items.

5. Are there any must-have products for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

While there are no specific must-have products for hosting a Pampered Chef party, we recommend having a good variety of products on hand to showcase during the party. This could include cookware, bakeware, knives, and kitchen tools. It is also helpful to have some basic pantry staples, like olive oil and spices, to demonstrate how our products can be used in everyday cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Doraine
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kimberlymmj
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • saravaughn1