• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Bleu Cheese Crumbles and Where Can I Find Them?

Next time, you might want to weigh the ingredients so you don't end up with too much sauce and not enough dip.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Pardon my ignorance :) I want to make Becky's Buffalo Rub Chicken Dip tomorrow when I have 8 coming for dinner. I have no idea what Bleu Cheese Crumbles are. Do I buy it this way or crumble it myself? Do I find it in the deli section, cheese section or where?

Also, where do I find 'wing sauce'? Never heard of it either :eek:

wing sauce is next to the hot sauce. I use Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce. The crumbles might be in the specialty cheese section (that's where our store has them) they come in a little bowl.

HTH~

Thanks Anne for such a quick response! Heading out now!

Blue Cheese crumbles are in the Cheese section. It is just blue cheese that has
been crumbled for you. You can buy the blue cheese and crumble it yourself or buy
it crumbled.

I think the flavor is better if you buy a chucnk of blue cheese and break it up with a forkA yummy hot wings sauce (tastes like Hooters sauce)
melt 3/4 cup butter and whisk in 3/4 cup Franks hot sauce
Bring to a boil.

Frank's also makes an actual Buffalo Wing Sauce. Takes the step of adding the butter.

kcjodih said:
Pardon my ignorance :) I want to make Becky's Buffalo Rub Chicken Dip tomorrow when I have 8 coming for dinner. I have no idea what Bleu Cheese Crumbles are. Do I buy it this way or crumble it myself? Do I find it in the deli section, cheese section or where?

Also, where do I find 'wing sauce'? Never heard of it either :eek:

Everyone has given you the answers...but I thought you might like to know what I meant in the recipe!

Bleu Cheese crumbles - you can get them in a little bowl, or you can just buy bleu cheese and crumble it to measure the amount. Either way works fine, I've done both depending on what I have on hand.

Wing Sauce - I use Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce, and you could use regular Hot Sauce I guess. I like the Wing Sauce because it takes some of the bite out of the dip. Not as hot that way.

What Are Bleu Cheese Crumbles?

Bleu cheese crumbles are small pieces of cheese made from cow's milk that have been aged and treated with a specific type of mold to give it its distinct blue veins. It is typically used as a topping or ingredient in salads, dips, and other dishes.

Are Bleu Cheese Crumbles the same as Gorgonzola?

While both bleu cheese and Gorgonzola are made from cow's milk and contain the same blue mold, they are not exactly the same. Gorgonzola has a milder flavor and creamier texture compared to bleu cheese.

Can Bleu Cheese Crumbles be substituted with other types of cheese?

Yes, bleu cheese crumbles can be substituted with other types of cheese such as feta or goat cheese. However, the flavor and texture of the dish may be slightly different depending on the type of cheese used.

How should Bleu Cheese Crumbles be stored?

Bleu cheese crumbles should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can also be wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before being placed in the container to prevent them from drying out.

Are Bleu Cheese Crumbles safe to eat for those with lactose intolerance?

Bleu cheese crumbles contain a small amount of lactose, but some people with lactose intolerance may still be able to enjoy them in small amounts. It is best to consult with a healthcare professional to determine if bleu cheese crumbles are suitable for your diet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • MissChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
SonyaVerrillo