• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Weekenders Canada Really Bankrupt?

In summary, the company Weekenders has gone bankrupt in Canada and other countries. This news came as a surprise to many, including a consultant who had recently attended a show. The company had been around for about 20 years and sold clothing. There were also articles in magazines promoting Weekenders as a successful direct sales company, which may have attracted more consultants before the bankruptcy was announced. One consultant who had been with Weekenders for years had little success with the company and eventually joined Pampered Chef. However, just after joining Pampered Chef, Weekenders announced their bankruptcy. The consultant then had a successful clearance sale to get rid of her samples.
ChefEsther
Gold Member
Hi, everyone, just wanted to pass on that Weekenders has apparently gone bankrupt (in Canada at least). I wonder what happened.

Esther

Yep, heard that too. I actually had a Weekenders consultant at a show the other day and she said that it was a shock to them all. Never saw it coming!

Tried to recruit her....no go.....yet! ;)

ChefEsther said:
Weekenders has apparently gone bankrupt (in Canada at least)
Esther

Um..who are they? what do they sell? east coast thing?

Mr. Pampered Chef said:
Um..who are they? what do they sell? east coast thing?

They sell clothing. I think they were around for at least 20 years. I do believe they were in other countries as well.

Never herd of them before!

That's interesting, because I was just reading a magazine that's on newsstands now and there was an article about DS companies, and Weekenders was mentioned along with PC as one of the "tried and true" companies to sign up with. I wonder how many people read that article and went online to sign up, only to find out they went bankrupt.

I have a friend of mine, actually she's on my team too, who was....this is actually kind of a funny story, maybe not for her. I'll start from the beginning...

She was with Weekenders for YEARS and didn't have much luck with selling it. She'd have open houses and there'd be maybe 1 or 2 people (including me) show up. Then Suzanne Somers started her company "Suzanne" and she signed on with that, still not too much success. Then I talked her into Pampered Chef. I told her she could sell Pampered Chef and use the money she makes with PC to buy her other stuff at the discount (since she always said that was why she mostly signed up was to get the other products cheaper). So after a year or so she did finally sign up with PC just in April I think.

Then Suzanne sold out to Youngevity and maybe a week after that she got the Weekenders email. So she decided that either everything she touches goes to "crud" (keeping it clean) or Pampered Chef was her destiny all along.

Hopefully it's the 2nd one or we'll know who to blame if something happens to Pampered Chef.

The sad thing is she had an open house scheduled when she got the news about Weekenders so she changed it to a clearance sale to clear out all her samples (since Weekenders consultants had to buy clothes in all sizes and most of them where not HER size) and in the short time that I was there she probably had 10 people come. I guess that tells you that people liked the clothes but not so much the prices.

chefbritt said:
That's interesting, because I was just reading a magazine that's on newsstands now and there was an article about DS companies, and Weekenders was mentioned along with PC as one of the "tried and true" companies to sign up with. I wonder how many people read that article and went online to sign up, only to find out they went bankrupt.

What magazine was the article in?!

pampered.chris said:
What magazine was the article in?!

It was in Family Circle's August Issue. The article highlighted other companies, but not PC. There was just a box at the end of the last page that listed the "tried and true" and "up & coming" DS companies. For "Kitchen/Gourmet", it was PC and Tupperware for "tried and true", and Homemade Gourmet and Tealightful Treasures for "Up and Coming".

Weekenders was one of the tried and true fashion companies. It was also one of the companies that had a large highlight and interview with a consultant. Of the consultants interviewed, her reported income was the highest by far, which makes me wonder how many people are now flocking to the Weekenders website.

The tiny mention of PC isn't worth buying the magazine for, in my opinion. It sort of gets drowned out by all of the larger interviews with other DS companies.

Related to Is Weekenders Canada Really Bankrupt?

1. What does it mean that Weekenders Canada is bankrupt?

Bankruptcy is a legal status that a company can declare when it is unable to pay off its debts. It means that Weekenders Canada is facing financial difficulties and may be forced to close down.

2. Will I still receive my orders from Weekenders Canada?

If you have already placed an order with Weekenders Canada, you should still receive your products as they are processed and shipped by a separate company. However, future orders may be affected by the bankruptcy.

3. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party with Weekenders Canada products?

Unfortunately, due to the bankruptcy, Weekenders Canada products are no longer available for purchase through Pampered Chef parties. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

4. What will happen to my warranty for Weekenders Canada products?

At this time, it is unclear what will happen to warranties for Weekenders Canada products. We recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for more information.

5. Will Pampered Chef offer any alternative products to replace Weekenders Canada?

We are constantly updating and expanding our product line, but at this time, we do not have plans to offer alternative products to replace Weekenders Canada. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ahinchey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • stefani2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies