• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Website Naming Rules: Billyandsara or Dexheimers?

In summary, to use your full name on your website, you need to use the Personal Web Site Assistant. However, you are allowed to use a nickname if it is not too similar to another name.
dexheimers
Does anyone know if there is a certain way you have to name your website? I know a lot of people just use their whole name (www.pamperedchef.biz/firstlast). Does anyone know if it HAS to be that way?

I know you can't use pamered and chef and stuff, but can I use "billyandsara" or "dexheimers" or something like that???

Thanks!!

Those should be fine. When they instituted more rules about websites and links, etc they said your website name couldn't be too generic like .../cooking or..../onlinestore or stuff like that. There used to be consultants who had generic names like that which seemed to give them an unfair advantage. Your name or names should be fine!:)

Last edited:
thanks so much Becky!

Does anybody think that /dexyduo is bad?? "Dexy" is a nickname of ours....any thoughts?

EDIT:
I just read this under Advertising and Publicity : "Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address."

I guess I just answered my own question....

Last edited:
dexheimers said:
thanks so much Becky!

Does anybody think that /dexyduo is bad?? "Dexy" is a nickname of ours....any thoughts?

EDIT:
I just read this under Advertising and Publicity : "Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address."

I guess I just answered my own question....

I'd make sure it was something simple that people will remember and can spell :) I like "billyandsara".....some people might have a hard time spelling your last name right...you know, the old "i before e except when followed by c or when sounded like a as in neighbor and weigh". Why do I remember that silly little jingle? :D

dexheimers said:
Does anyone know if there is a certain way you have to name your website? I know a lot of people just use their whole name (www.pamperedchef.biz/firstlast). Does anyone know if it HAS to be that way?

I know you can't use pamered and chef and stuff, but can I use "billyandsara" or "dexheimers" or something like that???

Thanks!!

Everyone knows me as Ginger, so if I used my real name Virginia UGH!!:eek: no one would know who i was;) , So I came up with /gingersnap & people get a kick out of it!:D

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I was also worried about people being able to spell our name correctly! I'm just glad you don't HAVE to use your first and last name. That would be too hard for anyone to remember (or spell!)

I sent an email to HO and they replied saying the following:
*Please select a unique and memorable name that you will use as your personal Web site address

*You may change the name at any time within the Personal Web Site Assistant

*Your site name must be at least three characters in length, but no more than twenty

*You may use characters A-Z and 0-9; however, spaces are not allowed

woo-hoo! I can handle "memorable" and "dexheimer" is not on the list! :D

I like /dexyduo because my wife and I are doing this as a team!! :D

Last edited:
sounds good to me....good luck!!;)

GeorgiaPeach said:
I'd make sure it was something simple that people will remember and can spell :) I like "billyandsara".....some people might have a hard time spelling your last name right...you know, the old "i before e except when followed by c or when sounded like a as in neighbor and weigh". Why do I remember that silly little jingle? :D

Why am I so impressed by that little jingle? I love it!

dexheimers said:
I like /dexyduo because my wife and I are doing this as a team!! :D
You guys are just too cute!

Anne,

Thanks for the compliment (I think! :p ). Our PC website is now setup and I am happy to say it is /dexyduo !

Yahoo!

Last edited:
ok, but now before you stir up a bunch of people, you cannot post your website online, but you can put the end of it, the /.....

Yes, it was a COMPLIMENT! lol

And, Jen is right... make you just just delete the www.pamperedchef.biz part of your post.

Hey Dexy's!!
How'd you get your own pic up on your PWS? I used to have a pic of mt ena dDoris up there andever since they cganged the look of the site, I can figure out how to insert it again.

Carolyn,

Here's how to change your picture:

1. In Consultant's Corner under "Promoting your business" select "Personal Website Assistant"
  2. On the new page, select "Personalize Your site"
  3. On the next page, click the HOMEPAGE tab towards the top of the screen
  4. At the bottom (D) click "Update Image"
  5. A new box appears and you can Browse for your picture on your computer and select it
  6. CLick Upload and the picture will appear below, click the SELECT button just below the picture
  7. The box closes and your picture should appear
  8. Click APPLY and you're done!

***Your picture needs to be of size 200 px by 200px for best viewing!!!

Hope this helps!!!

~Dexheimers

I did all that - it's stil lcoming up with a red X instead of my picture :(

Wait - I re-uploaded the picture and now it works!! Yippeeeeeeee!!! Thank you Dexy's!!!

great! Glad we could help! :)

Thanks for all the tips! It is nice to have a "computer guy" on here to help the ladies through!!

Ginger428 said:
Everyone knows me as Ginger, so if I used my real name Virginia UGH!!:eek: no one would know who i was;) , So I came up with /gingersnap & people get a kick out of it!:D

Hey! I'm a Virginia who goes by Ginger, too!!! No one EVER calls me Virginia except Uncle Sam! ;)

haha! You're welcome Gillian! My wife and her dad ask me questions all of the time so I am used to it! I'm just glad I can help out a little. You ladies have answered plenty of my questions, so I am just returning the favor! :)

1. What is the character limit for a website name on Pampered Chef?

The character limit for a website name on Pampered Chef is 30 characters.

2. Can I use special characters like "&" or "-" in my website name?

Yes, you can use special characters like "&" or "-" in your website name. However, spaces and symbols such as ! @ # $ % ^ * ( ) { } [ ] \ | ; : ' " , . < > / are not allowed.

3. Can I use my personal name in my website name?

Yes, you can use your personal name in your website name as long as it is within the character limit and does not contain any prohibited symbols.

4. Are there any specific rules for using numbers in a website name?

Yes, you can use numbers in your website name as long as it is within the character limit and does not start or end with a number.

5. Can I change my website name after it has been created?

Yes, you can change your website name after it has been created. However, keep in mind that changing your website name may affect your search engine ranking and it may take some time for the new name to be recognized.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• marystell1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Cheryl06
  • Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • WestCoastPC