• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Website name

1PamperedMommy

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2009
My mom and I joined forces and became "2 Cooking Moms", which is our pampered chef business. I used this name to create our email address and personal website address (/2cookingmoms). However, the other day I was looking through the rules and saw that it says you're supposed to have your name in your PWS address. Is this a hardfast rule, or do you think it will be okay to keep the name we've been advertising? I don't want to change it since we have labels printed up and have them on all of our catalogs and have really put it out there to our customers. If we have to change it, how would you get it across to everyone so people don't visit an incorrect website address?:confused:

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
I don't remember anything in the rules saying that it has to have your name in the address. I use my name, because that makes it easy for my customers to find me, but I know a lot of consultants don't use their name.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
Did Pampered Chef approve your PWS name? If so don't worry about it.

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Wow. I went to look, and sure enough it does say that now. It also says that you will be contacted to change it if you are found to be in violation of the rules. Whether they will or will not actually do that, I don't know. All I can say is that it's easier to change it now than later.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
My mom and I joined forces and became "2 Cooking Moms", which is our pampered chef business. I used this name to create our email address and personal website address (/2cookingmoms). However, the other day I was looking through the rules and saw that it says you're supposed to have your name in your PWS address. Is this a hardfast rule, or do you think it will be okay to keep the name we've been advertising? I don't want to change it since we have labels printed up and have them on all of our catalogs and have really put it out there to our customers. If we have to change it, how would you get it across to everyone so people don't visit an incorrect website address?:confused:

Do you already have your website from PC? If so, then the name was obviously approved, and you're fine.

cookie325

Apr 27, 2009
There is something in the newer consultant policy guide, but I think there was a certain point where that was not a rule because I don't use my name because its so long. I think after a certain date it became a requirement.

pampcheflisa

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2008
I don't remember the rules stating that either about having your name in the address, but I trust you that you saw that.
However, if you have already created it, if it were me, I would leave it as is unless notified otherwise. I highly doubt that if that is a "rule", that HO is going to police it that thoroughly.....I would think they have better things to police than what we name our PWS.
IMHO ;)

pampcheflisa

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2008
oops, just saw that it truly is a rule.
still, if it were me, I'd leave it unless notified by HO.

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
They set up that rule so that people wouldn't use things like "online store" and such that might make traffic go there at random. It is preferred that we use our name but I know lots of people who don't - both seasoned and new. If it gets approved it's okay.

cookingwithdot

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2009
interesting ... mine kind of has my name, but not really. I'm not going to worry about it unless I hear something from HO.
/cookingwithdot

1PamperedMommy

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2009
Thanks everyone! You all answered so quickly! I think I will leave it as-is for now, since other people have PWS addresses without their names. I am truly loving this forum! You guys are all so great :D

lovescooking

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
I didn't use my name but that was 4 years ago. I had noticed the PWS change when they updated the Consultant Policy Guide.
I am with the others...if HO let it go then it must be OK.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views