• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Need a Nickname for Ourselves, Cheffers!

In summary, the Independent Pampered Chef Consultants came up with a nickname for themselves - Cheffer. They suggest "Cheffer" for singular and "Cheffers" for all of us. They are proud of their association with Pampered Chef and are excited for the upcoming PC Conference.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
A little while ago, I was writing a post for a different thread and I needed to refer to us all. I tried to think of a collection noun. It occured to me, we don't have a collective noun for ourselves. As we're headed up to conference, I think we need a nickname with which to refer to ourselves.

Collective nous? Sure, for example, there is a pride of lions, flock of sheep, a murder of crow. I used to work for a company called Cray Research and we referred to ourselves as "Crayons."

Referring to ourselves as "Independent Pampered Chef Consultants" is clunky and it's like saying National Broadcasting Company instead of just NBC or British Broadcasting Company instead of BBC or General Motors Acceptance Corporation instead of GMAC.

It's just too clunky.

I suggest "Cheffer" for singular and "Cheffers" for all of us. I'm a cheffer and we're all cheffers. To parphrase the old soft drink jingle, I'm a cheffer, she's a cheffer, he's a cheffer, wouldn't you like to be a cheffer, too?" (Except I can't dance like the guy in the Dr Pepper spots did!)

Whaddya think? I'm open to other suggestions... How 'bout it, Cheffers? Any other ideas?

I wanna be a Cheffer too!!!

Ohh who wouldnt want to be a Cheffer???

:)

We better start practicing for conference...

PLAYBACK!!!!

...five six seven eight...kick, turn, kick, turn, ball change kick turn..

(Singing) Wouldn't you love to be a Cheffer, too?

I have two left feet and no rhythm, so I am glad I am not going to the Conference!!!! It would be like human dominoes!!!!

stephanieboyd said:
I have two left feet and no rhythm, so I am glad I am not going to the Conference!!!! It would be like human dominoes!!!!
Well, luckily, I have two feet left but they don't really do what I tell 'em to, either.

So let me appoint you as our first official military Cheffer!

So, then I should be doing the counting off??? And the singing the stupid little 'I don't know but I've been told....the PC Conference is really cool....left...left...left...left, right, left.'

LOL I am cracking myself up!!! :))

Last edited:
stephanieboyd said:
So, then I should be doing the counting off??? And the singing the stupid little 'I don't know but I've been told....the PC Conference is really cool....left, right, left...left...left...'

LOL I am cracking myself up!!! :))
It's not marching - it's dancing - to the old Dr Pepper advertising campaign, known as "Be a Pepper."

Well, I do remember that....but I was trying to go with the military thing....it didn't work

For those marching across the stage it will work.....

The campaign featured a hoofer named David Naughton. He was probably most famous, besides the Dr Pepper ads, was for his starring role in An American Werewolf in Paris.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4d/Dpad1980.jpg/250px-Dpad1980.jpg

stephanieboyd said:
Well, I do remember that....but I was trying to go with the military thing....it didn't work

For those marching across the stage it will work.....
Oops - I didn't pick up on my own one-liner!

I was searching the web for a clip of the commercials (since most of the kids on this board weren't even BORN when those ads ran!) and lost track of the conversation!

I remember the songs on the tv commercial, but I don't remember that print ad or that actor.....or that movie. I am young, but not that young!!! I remember the Reagan Administration (the one in the White House, not Hollywood). LOL

Oh youth is wasted on the young....Kitchen Guy, your a cut up....LOL....yes, I would LOVE to be a CHEFFER......and I remember those ads well, I ran around the house singing and dancing, and I can TELL that you use to or still do take tap eh?:p

So, when we go to conference we just yell out CHEFFER and we know that that person is part of the Chefsuccess.com team...not the OTHER one.....;)

OK, everybody click and sing along!:cool: So, now the song's going to be stuck in my head all night long! But, I took a few liberties with the lyrics...what do you think?:p

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/978/

I love Pampered Chef and I'm proud
I used to be alone in a crowd
But now you look around these days
There seems theres a Pampered Chef CRAZE
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers
Wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer
If you love Pampered Chef then you're a cheffer too!
Us cheffers are an interesting breed
An original recipe's what we need
Ask any cheffer and they'll say "only Pampered Chef makes it that way"
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?

Take a bow, Chirssy, and you'll be on center stage in Chicago!

chrissyk said:
:cool: So, now the song's going to be stuck in my head all night long! But, I took a few liberties with the lyrics...what do you think?:p

The more I read this, the more I like it!

Great Job!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

PLAYBACK!!!!

Honey - if your two left feet can throw in a ball change you definately need to be leading at conference!!! How unfortunate I am going to miss it as I am in Wave one!!!

Somebody alert home office to get you guys on video for all of us to see!!

Leea :cool:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

PLAYBACK!!!!

You are Hilarious!!:D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The more I read this, the more I like it!

Great Job!!!

Thanks! :D I had fun with it. My kids were walking around the house singing the Dr. Pepper version of it the whole evening last night. I think my oldest even sat down at the piano and sounded it out on there at one point (he's my musical genius). Anyway, glad you liked it.

Harrle said:
Honey - if your two left feet can throw in a ball change you definately need to be leading at conference!!! How unfortunate I am going to miss it as I am in Wave one!!!

Somebody alert home office to get you guys on video for all of us to see!!

Leea :cool:
I wish.

Oh, boy, do I wish.

Too many times in the orchestra pit. ;)

I can not WAIT to put the whole "cheffer" thing on my email signature! Genius, pure genius! *Doing the "we're not worthy" bow down a la Wayne's World*

Proud to be a Cheffer,
Erin

ErinPC said:
I can not WAIT to put the whole "cheffer" thing on my email signature! Genius, pure genius! *Doing the "we're not worthy" bow down a la Wayne's World*

Proud to be a Cheffer,
Erin
We may have to have t-shirts made!

Ok, my best friend has one of those huge Toyota custom embroidery machines. She can do the hats for $15.00 plus shipping. Maybe they could all be shipped to one person and then you all could meet up and pass them out. Just let me know. Nice hats any color. She does alot of stuff for me-aprons, hats, shirts, towels etc. Just contact me and I can start gathering orders. I think I would have to have a minimum of 10.

WOW!

We've gone from "Should we do this?" to making hats in no time at all!

So, do you want to get up an order. Just let me know.

luvs2sellit said:
So, do you want to get up an order. Just let me know.
I just put on my pink HWC baseball hat and I'm trying to envision what a Cheffer hat would look like.

Hmmmmm...

I'm a Cheffer, I'm a Cheffer!!I didn't think I was going to get to go because I have a full time job and I have no vacation until November (my Hubby likes to go on vacation):D He has business in Chicago that week and said if they won't let me go (unpaid of course) "to quit that job"! I told him he would have to give me an allowance because I'm not where I want to be yet with my business (in SS#2), "No problem, I'll quite for you," he says!! I am sooooo excited! He's even paying for the room! WOW!!! Now I gotta tell my boss.:eek: They are not going to like it b/c I just asked for 4 days unpaid to go to Dayton Beach, FL for a Wedding over Memorial Day! I think I'm gonna have to quit. That's O.K. I like PC much better!:D I am having a BLAST! I am in Wave 1, I hope I get to see some of you there. We definitely have to identify ourselves somehow! Any ideas?

Jayne said:
I didn't think I was going to get to go because I have a full time job and I have no vacation until November (my Hubby likes to go on vacation):D He has business in Chicago that week and said if they won't let me go (unpaid of course) "to quit that job"! I told him he would have to give me an allowance because I'm not where I want to be yet with my business (in SS#2), "No problem, I'll quite for you," he says!! I am sooooo excited! He's even paying for the room! WOW!!! Now I gotta tell my boss.:eek: They are not going to like it b/c I just asked for 4 days unpaid to go to Dayton Beach, FL for a Wedding over Memorial Day! I think I'm gonna have to quit. That's O.K. I like PC much better!:D I am having a BLAST! I am in Wave 1, I hope I get to see some of you there. We definitely have to identify ourselves somehow! Any ideas?

I'm in wave 1 too!! Just decided today I'm going, at my other job we are holding the World Wide Dream Builders/Amway (no I don't sell Amway) convention. There National conference. So just seeing all those people has me all pumped up for conference. I'll be the other one wearing the cheffer hat or shirt. Funny I'm getting ready to quit that job too.

They're still around? My gosh - I haven't had anyone try to recruit me into Amway in about, um, let me think now, er, it's been awhile, there was, no, I don't think so, there was, ah, YEAH! That's what that was!

About two weeks ago.

(I assume it was Amway - the big long pitch about a "business opportunity" only the guy wouldn't tell me what it was. He expected me to give up a Saturday to see something that he was real cryptic about.

But that was the first time in nearly 20 years. I've got a friend all gung ho on Nutrilite but he knows better than to even ask me to buy product let alone "...see the business."

I've always wondered - with so much emphasis on recruiting, who actually ever buys any product? :confused:

chrissyk said:
:cool: So, now the song's going to be stuck in my head all night long! But, I took a few liberties with the lyrics...what do you think?:p

Well... what a shame I am here in Canada and won't be going to THIS conference!!! it would be a riot!!! I can see it now all the cheffers marching and dancing across the stage singing and dancing!!! What a Kodak moment THAT would be!!
LOL
Cheers:rolleyes:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
WOW!

We've gone from "Should we do this?" to making hats in no time at all!

I think when the time comes you will all have to get a big group photo shot to add to this site!

Cheers:rolleyes:

A note to all the Cheesehead Cheffers (and the couple of Flatlanders there) who were in Cudahy tonight. thanks for stopping me and saying Hi. It was great to see all of you there tonight!

Yes It's nice to finally see a face to go with the name! And I have to admit you were easy to pick out!!

reesefamily5 said:
Yes It's nice to finally see a face to go with the name! And I have to admit you were easy to pick out!!
The pink hat was sort of a giveaway, wasn't it? :eek:

A little and when you hollered really loud when you won the raffle. And of course the name tag!! :)

stephanieboyd said:
What'dya win KG???
A 12" Executive Skillet!

Okay, maybe I got a little over-enthusiastic. :eek:

That's awesome!!! I would have been excited too!!!

I remember those commercials!

Ann-Wave 3

Okay, I am sooo SOO out of the loop.. What is Wave 1 and what is wave 2? When is conf? I think I am missing it. My director has said nothing about it. I have not even finished SS1, but she's already moved me to Red Team.... does this mean anything??

Thanks for answering my stupid questions!

Emma

Emma, we're all discussing the National Conference in July, held in Chicago at McCormick Place. There are so many Cheffers that the conference is broken down into three groups, differentiated by your upline National Director.

The dates are:
Wave 1: July 10-12
Wave 2: July 13-15
Wave 3: July 17-19

"Red Team" sounds like something in your local cluster.

Ahhh.... Well I hope everyone had a wicked cool time.. lol and we all want to see pictures!

Emma

EmmaLeeM said:
Ahhh.... Well I hope everyone had a wicked cool time.. lol and we all want to see pictures!

Emma
There will be plenty of photos in KCN and I'm sure we'll have plenty posted up here.

And if there actually IS a Cheffer chorus line, I KNOW you'll see plenty of photos up here.

okay, I am not going to conference this year. I went last year. I have to say that I try to go every other year and the year in between I take my children on a nice vacation. Year before last we went to Florida. I have just went back and read all the posts on this subject. You guys will have a blast. A word of caution on the hats....MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE COPYRIGHT POLICY!! Last year there was something said about some of the t-shirts that had been made. You cannot use the words "The Pampered Chef" or "Discover The Chef In You", and I am sure there are some other things too. I was having dinner with an upline director...not my upline director...who said during one of the director lunches that Doris herself made a comment about a t-shirt that a large well-known cluster was wearing. Whether it is true or not, I wasn't there so I don't know. Just be careful what you put on your shirts and hats.

We know. There's been a pretty thorough discussion up here in different threads about copyright issues. I actually think the Cheffer idea would have more trouble with Dr Pepper than Pampered Chef. I think we're all just having a really good time with this up here and what else happens remains to be seen.

This whole thing started out by looking for a shortcut of what to call ourselves. (Check out the start of the thread.) While accusing you ;) of being an Independent Consultant is strictly legal and proper, it's also a mouthful. It's just easier to say, "Are you a Cheffer?" and if you are, you'll get the message.

It's like a secret handshake.

Oh, now we need a real secret handshake too!!

soonerchef said:
Oh, now we need a real secret handshake too!!
Maybe we could all carry an I-Slice in our hands? That might be kinda dnagerous but it would fit in the palm. People might call us a bunch of cut-ups.

Bump!You guys are slipping. We need to bump this more often. ;)

Where' the door banner?You know I am really surprised that with all of you creative flyer and document makers that you haven't posted something to hang on all of our doors with our new name!:D So at least we would know where all the "Cheffers" were in the hotel we are staying in!! I would do it but I'm just learning how to do the creative computer stuff (and it takes me a long time)! I've been in an office running a program to long to know "creative"!! But I'll have plenty of time after June 30th, I gave them my notice Monday!! Yeaaaaah! No more 40 hours a week sitting in an office chair babysitting for a bunch of @&%$ &%$# that can't remember what they need until its too late!!:rolleyes:

Great Idea Jayne!
Or is there a way to put little stickers on our name tags that say Cheffers? This way when we look at a name tag we can see a colored sticker of some sort?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Back