• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We need a nickname for ourselves, Cheffers!

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
A little while ago, I was writing a post for a different thread and I needed to refer to us all. I tried to think of a collection noun. It occured to me, we don't have a collective noun for ourselves. As we're headed up to conference, I think we need a nickname with which to refer to ourselves.

Collective nous? Sure, for example, there is a pride of lions, flock of sheep, a murder of crow. I used to work for a company called Cray Research and we referred to ourselves as "Crayons."

Referring to ourselves as "Independent Pampered Chef Consultants" is clunky and it's like saying National Broadcasting Company instead of just NBC or British Broadcasting Company instead of BBC or General Motors Acceptance Corporation instead of GMAC.

It's just too clunky.

I suggest "Cheffer" for singular and "Cheffers" for all of us. I'm a cheffer and we're all cheffers. To parphrase the old soft drink jingle, I'm a cheffer, she's a cheffer, he's a cheffer, wouldn't you like to be a cheffer, too?" (Except I can't dance like the guy in the Dr Pepper spots did!)

Whaddya think? I'm open to other suggestions... How 'bout it, Cheffers? Any other ideas?
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
We better start practicing for conference...

PLAYBACK!!!!

...five six seven eight...kick, turn, kick, turn, ball change kick turn..

(Singing) Wouldn't you love to be a Cheffer, too?
 

stephanieboyd

Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
475
0
I have two left feet and no rhythm, so I am glad I am not going to the Conference!!!! It would be like human dominoes!!!!
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
stephanieboyd said:
I have two left feet and no rhythm, so I am glad I am not going to the Conference!!!! It would be like human dominoes!!!!
Well, luckily, I have two feet left but they don't really do what I tell 'em to, either.

So let me appoint you as our first official military Cheffer!
 

stephanieboyd

Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
475
0
So, then I should be doing the counting off??? And the singing the stupid little 'I don't know but I've been told....the PC Conference is really cool....left...left...left...left, right, left.'

LOL I am cracking myself up!!! :))
 
Last edited:

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
stephanieboyd said:
So, then I should be doing the counting off??? And the singing the stupid little 'I don't know but I've been told....the PC Conference is really cool....left, right, left...left...left...'

LOL I am cracking myself up!!! :))
It's not marching - it's dancing - to the old Dr Pepper advertising campaign, known as "Be a Pepper."
 

stephanieboyd

Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
475
0
Well, I do remember that....but I was trying to go with the military thing....it didn't work

For those marching across the stage it will work.....
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
The campaign featured a hoofer named David Naughton. He was probably most famous, besides the Dr Pepper ads, was for his starring role in An American Werewolf in Paris.

250px-Dpad1980.jpg
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
stephanieboyd said:
Well, I do remember that....but I was trying to go with the military thing....it didn't work

For those marching across the stage it will work.....
Oops - I didn't pick up on my own one-liner!

I was searching the web for a clip of the commercials (since most of the kids on this board weren't even BORN when those ads ran!) and lost track of the conversation!
 

stephanieboyd

Member
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2006
475
0
I remember the songs on the tv commercial, but I don't remember that print ad or that actor.....or that movie. I am young, but not that young!!! I remember the Reagan Administration (the one in the White House, not Hollywood). LOL
 

Kelley Sells

Member
Feb 2, 2006
345
0
Oh youth is wasted on the young....

Kitchen Guy, your a cut up....LOL....yes, I would LOVE to be a CHEFFER......and I remember those ads well, I ran around the house singing and dancing, and I can TELL that you use to or still do take tap eh?:p

So, when we go to conference we just yell out CHEFFER and we know that that person is part of the Chefsuccess.com team...not the OTHER one.....;)
 

chrissyk

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2005
38
0
OK, everybody click and sing along!

:cool: So, now the song's going to be stuck in my head all night long! But, I took a few liberties with the lyrics...what do you think?:p


http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/978/

I love Pampered Chef and I'm proud
I used to be alone in a crowd
But now you look around these days
There seems theres a Pampered Chef CRAZE
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers
Wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer
If you love Pampered Chef then you're a cheffer too!
Us cheffers are an interesting breed
An original recipe's what we need
Ask any cheffer and they'll say "only Pampered Chef makes it that way"
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
chrissyk said:
:cool: So, now the song's going to be stuck in my head all night long! But, I took a few liberties with the lyrics...what do you think?:p


http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/978/

I love Pampered Chef and I'm proud
I used to be alone in a crowd
But now you look around these days
There seems theres a Pampered Chef CRAZE
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers
Wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer
If you love Pampered Chef then you're a cheffer too!
Us cheffers are an interesting breed
An original recipe's what we need
Ask any cheffer and they'll say "only Pampered Chef makes it that way"
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?

The more I read this, the more I like it!

Great Job!!!
 

Harrle

Member
Jul 18, 2005
294
0
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We better start practicing for conference...

PLAYBACK!!!!

...five six seven eight...kick, turn, kick, turn, ball change kick turn..

(Singing) Wouldn't you love to be a Cheffer, too?

Honey - if your two left feet can throw in a ball change you definately need to be leading at conference!!! How unfortunate I am going to miss it as I am in Wave one!!!

Somebody alert home office to get you guys on video for all of us to see!!

Leea :cool:
 

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
1,473
2
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We better start practicing for conference...

PLAYBACK!!!!

...five six seven eight...kick, turn, kick, turn, ball change kick turn..

(Singing) Wouldn't you love to be a Cheffer, too?


You are Hilarious!!:D
 

chrissyk

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2005
38
0
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The more I read this, the more I like it!

Great Job!!!

Thanks! :D I had fun with it. My kids were walking around the house singing the Dr. Pepper version of it the whole evening last night. I think my oldest even sat down at the piano and sounded it out on there at one point (he's my musical genius). Anyway, glad you liked it.
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
Harrle said:
Honey - if your two left feet can throw in a ball change you definately need to be leading at conference!!! How unfortunate I am going to miss it as I am in Wave one!!!

Somebody alert home office to get you guys on video for all of us to see!!

Leea :cool:
I wish.

Oh, boy, do I wish.

Too many times in the orchestra pit. ;)
 
Nov 28, 2005
22
0
I can not WAIT to put the whole "cheffer" thing on my email signature! Genius, pure genius! *Doing the "we're not worthy" bow down a la Wayne's World*

Proud to be a Cheffer,
Erin
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
ErinPC said:
I can not WAIT to put the whole "cheffer" thing on my email signature! Genius, pure genius! *Doing the "we're not worthy" bow down a la Wayne's World*

Proud to be a Cheffer,
Erin
We may have to have t-shirts made!
 

luvs2sellit

Advanced Member
Feb 14, 2005
939
0
Ok, my best friend has one of those huge Toyota custom embroidery machines. She can do the hats for $15.00 plus shipping. Maybe they could all be shipped to one person and then you all could meet up and pass them out. Just let me know. Nice hats any color. She does alot of stuff for me-aprons, hats, shirts, towels etc. Just contact me and I can start gathering orders. I think I would have to have a minimum of 10.
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
luvs2sellit said:
So, do you want to get up an order. Just let me know.
I just put on my pink HWC baseball hat and I'm trying to envision what a Cheffer hat would look like.

Hmmmmm...
 

Jayne

Member
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2006
230
0
I'm a Cheffer, I'm a Cheffer!!

I didn't think I was going to get to go because I have a full time job and I have no vacation until November (my Hubby likes to go on vacation):D He has business in Chicago that week and said if they won't let me go (unpaid of course) "to quit that job"! I told him he would have to give me an allowance because I'm not where I want to be yet with my business (in SS#2), "No problem, I'll quite for you," he says!! I am sooooo excited! He's even paying for the room! WOW!!! Now I gotta tell my boss.:eek: They are not going to like it b/c I just asked for 4 days unpaid to go to Dayton Beach, FL for a Wedding over Memorial Day! I think I'm gonna have to quit. That's O.K. I like PC much better!:D I am having a BLAST! I am in Wave 1, I hope I get to see some of you there. We definitely have to identify ourselves somehow! Any ideas?
 

bbauman07

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2005
1,473
2
Jayne said:
I didn't think I was going to get to go because I have a full time job and I have no vacation until November (my Hubby likes to go on vacation):D He has business in Chicago that week and said if they won't let me go (unpaid of course) "to quit that job"! I told him he would have to give me an allowance because I'm not where I want to be yet with my business (in SS#2), "No problem, I'll quite for you," he says!! I am sooooo excited! He's even paying for the room! WOW!!! Now I gotta tell my boss.:eek: They are not going to like it b/c I just asked for 4 days unpaid to go to Dayton Beach, FL for a Wedding over Memorial Day! I think I'm gonna have to quit. That's O.K. I like PC much better!:D I am having a BLAST! I am in Wave 1, I hope I get to see some of you there. We definitely have to identify ourselves somehow! Any ideas?


I'm in wave 1 too!! Just decided today I'm going, at my other job we are holding the World Wide Dream Builders/Amway (no I don't sell Amway) convention. There National conference. So just seeing all those people has me all pumped up for conference. I'll be the other one wearing the cheffer hat or shirt. Funny I'm getting ready to quit that job too.
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
They're still around? My gosh - I haven't had anyone try to recruit me into Amway in about, um, let me think now, er, it's been awhile, there was, no, I don't think so, there was, ah, YEAH! That's what that was!

About two weeks ago.

(I assume it was Amway - the big long pitch about a "business opportunity" only the guy wouldn't tell me what it was. He expected me to give up a Saturday to see something that he was real cryptic about.

But that was the first time in nearly 20 years. I've got a friend all gung ho on Nutrilite but he knows better than to even ask me to buy product let alone "...see the business."

I've always wondered - with so much emphasis on recruiting, who actually ever buys any product? :confused:
 

ChefAggi

Member
Silver Member
Nov 24, 2005
307
0
chrissyk said:
:cool: So, now the song's going to be stuck in my head all night long! But, I took a few liberties with the lyrics...what do you think?:p


http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/978/

I love Pampered Chef and I'm proud
I used to be alone in a crowd
But now you look around these days
There seems theres a Pampered Chef CRAZE
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers
Wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer
If you love Pampered Chef then you're a cheffer too!
Us cheffers are an interesting breed
An original recipe's what we need
Ask any cheffer and they'll say "only Pampered Chef makes it that way"
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?
I'm a cheffer he's a cheffer she's a cheffer we're all cheffers wouldn't you like to be a cheffer too?

Well... what a shame I am here in Canada and won't be going to THIS conference!!! it would be a riot!!! I can see it now all the cheffers marching and dancing across the stage singing and dancing!!! What a Kodak moment THAT would be!!
LOL
Cheers:rolleyes:
 

ChefAggi

Member
Silver Member
Nov 24, 2005
307
0
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
WOW!

We've gone from "Should we do this?" to making hats in no time at all!

I think when the time comes you will all have to get a big group photo shot to add to this site!

Cheers:rolleyes:
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
A note to all the Cheesehead Cheffers (and the couple of Flatlanders there) who were in Cudahy tonight. thanks for stopping me and saying Hi. It was great to see all of you there tonight!
 

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
12,459
79
reesefamily5 said:
Yes It's nice to finally see a face to go with the name! And I have to admit you were easy to pick out!!
The pink hat was sort of a giveaway, wasn't it? :eek:
 

EmmaLeeM

Member
Mar 2, 2006
77
0
Okay, I am sooo SOO out of the loop.. What is Wave 1 and what is wave 2? When is conf? I think I am missing it. My director has said nothing about it. I have not even finished SS1, but she's already moved me to Red Team.... does this mean anything??

Thanks for answering my stupid questions!

Emma
 
Top