• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Washer /Dryer Front Load Recommendations

In summary, Christy is looking for a new washer and dryer and is considering a Neptune or the Kenmore Elite. Her husband has had multiple repairs on his old washer and she is considering replacing it with a front loader. She also recommends the Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
After spending about 5 hours today doing 3 loads of laundry I have convinced DH we need a new washer.
I currently have Maytag's Neptune washer & dryer (first ones made and they are WORTHLESS!!) Washer has been repaired about 7 times by a repairman last 2 times by my husbund. It just stops now for no reason, door can be opened and it is full of water! When it did work today it sounded like a weedeater.
I will replace them with another set of front loads but was wondering if anyone has a brand they would recommend or suggest I steer clear of.
I have to wipe the gaskets nearly every week to keep the mold off the them . Leaving the door open is not an option. I need a workhorse since I do laundry every day.

I have a Neptune which I've had for just over a year. I love it! I also have the Maytag drying center, which has the normal dryer and then a cabinet on top which lets you hang clothes. It even has re-movable racks that let you dry about 6 sweaters flat at the same time. Since my husband likes his jeans "line dried" and won't wear them if they have "tumbled dry" this has been a godsend to us! (I don't have clothes hanging all over the laundry room anymore).

Sorry I'm going to be no help, but I have a Neptune washer, too, and I love it. I've had mine for about 3 years and haven't had any problems. Christy, I am sooooo jealous of your drying center. I would love to have one!!!!! I just drool when I see them at the store!

2 of my neighbors also have the neptune we all finished building and bought appliances within weeks of each other at the same store. we have all had problems. I will never purchase another set. I'm sure they've made many improvements since the beginning but we all had lemons :(

Hi, Teresa! This is my first post, so I hope you find it helpful. I have a front loader washer/dryer, too, and wouldn't want to go back to a top loader ever again!!
We got ours at Sears, and have the Kenmore Elite brand. Another great thing about shopping there, they often have a 12 months same as cash option on your credit card, which is great!!

Best of luck to you!

I have the Whirlpool front load washer and Dryer... the really big one... it's pretty much tyhe same as the Kenmore Elite... and I LOVE THEM! My electric bill went down the month after I got them... drying time was cut by 2/3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!
We are shopping tonight I don't really need a dryer but I want a matched set. my kids say I'm spoiled but hey I spend so much time in there I want a matched set

I have the Kenmore Elite too. I have had it for 4 years and LOVE THEM!. Mine are stacked instead of on the pedestals and it saves me so much space in my laundry room. I can wash HUGE loads in them and have not had a single issue with them. Good luck on your quest. BTW my good friend had the Neptune too and she was constantly having to repair it.

I have the Kenmore HE3's. I too have them stacked. I love them. Would recommend them to anyone. As far as the mold and smell goes, I think that just goes with the front loaders. I leave the door cracked open a little bit whenever I get done using it.
Kim

We upgraded since I was doing laundry 24/7! I have 6 people in the house to do laundry for so we had to get a bigger washer and dryer. We invested in the Whirlpool Duet. I have NEVER been happier about an appliance! It even has a sanitary cycle that you can use. (for like if someone is sick with strep or something contagious....it kills the germs!) Also has a shelf that you can put in it to put shoes on and the tumbler moves around it. We got the pedasstools that go under them...those are drawers to store things in. Also these are stackable if you don't have a big laundry room. I would recommend these to anyone. I can wash a KING size comforter with all of the sheets in it. A front loader is supposed to be better because your clothes are sitting in dirty water. ALso, it gives more room for more clothes. Also the spin cycle on it leaves my clothes almost dry when I take them out which saves on the gaas bill ....the dryer doesn't run as long. I say...go for the front loader and youll be VERY happy! I love mine.....the DUET is the best I've ever had!

quiverfull7 said:
I have the Whirlpool front load washer and Dryer... the really big one... it's pretty much tyhe same as the Kenmore Elite... and I LOVE THEM! My electric bill went down the month after I got them... drying time was cut by 2/3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine are frigidaire (sp?) both are front load just got them in Feb. I love mine as well, electric bill, and water bill went down also. It takes me 1/2 the time to get all the laundry done. I never used to be able to keep up, but these days I can.

Though mine our new my friend owns the same brand and nethier of use have had mold or "smell" problems. She has had hers for almost 2 years.

I have the Whirlpool Duet which are the same thing as the Kenmore Elite also. I love them, have had them about a year and half and have never had any problems with them. I have them on the pedestols that have the drawer built into them which is great for the xtra storage, very worth it for the extra money.

We have the Kenmore He3t, which is now the He4. I would recommend these machines in a heartbeat.

I've had them for over 4 years and haven't had a single problem. We had the pedestals, which I love.

The Duet is the same exact washer with different controls. They are manufactured by the same company.

I've heard of problems with the older Neptunes. Sounds like you have one of those bad ones!

I also have the kenmore elite. Just got them about two months ago. I love them. I didn't get the pedastals. (but, I am short, so it's not too low for me.) Instead we got the top work surface. It connects the washer and dryer with a smooth work surface. I don't have to worry about things falling between the washer and dryer.

We did it!!
Went to Lowe's and Home Depot in a terrible thunderstorm we only had 2 hours before we picked up our daughter at dance.
We bought the LG Tromm front load 4.0 steam washer with LCD panels & pedastals , the dryer comes with a remote timer thing . (this will be installed in our upstairs gameroom my kid always forget to go down when the dryer is done)

I chose white, the blue didn't match our laundry room. but it and the red of the LED model were beautiful.
thanks for all your input. Delivery is Tuesday, I'm already counting the days!!
May have to give in a do some at a friend's house.
Teresa

I have the Kenmore HE4-Love Them! In process of washing all of blankets and comforters each nice day we have and handing them on the clothes line.
Love that fresh clothes line smell!

Ann R

Teresa - just saw this post. We have the LG like you're talking about & love it! We've had ours for about 2 years now & couldn't be happier.

Congrats!

Congratulations! Have fun!

I'm sure you'll find that laundry has never been so FUN! LOL!

Crystal,
Do you use the steamwash feature instead of ironing? the salesman really talked it up.

We just got the Kenmore He4's
We had an issue with it chewing up clothing - literally shredding stuff - they tech has been out and they are supposed to be replacing them - but it's a whole process to get them replced. It hadppened a handful of times and then stopped - DH thinks there may have been s'thing sharp in the machine that has since worked its way out - I don't know. Otherwsie we love themmm

1. What are the benefits of a front load washer and dryer?

Front load washers and dryers have several benefits, including better energy efficiency, gentler on clothes, and the ability to handle larger loads. They also tend to have a faster spin cycle, which results in shorter drying times.

2. What capacity should I look for in a front load washer and dryer?

The capacity of a front load washer and dryer is measured in cubic feet and typically ranges from 4 to 5 cubic feet. It's important to consider the size of your household and how often you do laundry when determining the ideal capacity for your needs.

3. Are front load washers and dryers more expensive than top load?

In general, front load washers and dryers tend to be more expensive than top load models. However, their energy efficiency and larger capacity can save you money in the long run on utility bills and the need for fewer loads of laundry.

4. What features should I look for in a front load washer and dryer?

Some important features to consider include different wash and dry cycles, steam cleaning options, and noise levels. It's also important to look for models with a good warranty and reliable brand reputation.

5. How do I properly maintain a front load washer and dryer?

To keep your front load washer and dryer running smoothly, it's important to regularly clean the door seal and detergent dispenser, use the correct amount of detergent and fabric softener, and leave the door open after use to allow for air circulation. It's also recommended to have a professional technician perform regular maintenance checks on the machines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sarahlegare
Replies
Views
reba515
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies