• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Pampered Chef Knives on Other Blades: Answers Here

In summary, the PIG Honing Tool is specifically designed for use with The Pampered Chef® Forged Cutlery and should not be used with other brands of cutlery. It is recommended to use the tool daily to maintain alignment and sharpness of the knife edges. While professional sharpening may be needed every one to two years, honing can be done at home with the Honing Tool. It has a soft-grip base and retractable counterguard for safety and can also be used on self-sharpening knives. Some users have found success using it on other knives, but it is important to note that it is a honing tool and not a sharpening tool.
cookemomstir
Does anyone know if you can use this on other knives, not PC?

I think they did not recommend it as it is specifically designed for our knives. From the PIG:

Honing Tool – This tool was custom-designed for use with our Forged (non-serrated) Cutlery. The ceramic rods are set at the correct angles to hone The Pampered Chef® Forged Cutlery (excluding the serrated 9” Bread Knife).* It is not for use with other brands of cutlery. Use the tool to maintain alignment of the edge as often as you desire. It can be done as often as daily! It is good to routinely hone the edges to keep them properly aligned and sharp. Professional knife sharpening is only needed every one to two years (depending on usage) and should be done when honing does not seem to be enough. Knives should be clean prior to honing and pacing in cases. The Honing Tool has a soft-grip, non-slip base for added safety and a retractable counterguard that protects surfaces during the honing process.

Thank you! that is exactly what I needed.

I do use it on my other knives, I got the tip from my senior director. It does great on our self sharpening knives, that I never found to be really great! JMHO! And now those knives are sharp and I use them more often!
I think that they have to say that about the honing tool, just in case, but again that's JMO!;)

I've used mine on other knives. What I like about it is that it truly is a honing tool and not a sharpening tool. Sharpening should be done by professionals only, once every year or two (depending on how often you use your knives). Honing, on the other hand, should be done every time you use your knife (if you use it every day, then hone it every day), and the honing tool makes it very easy, unlike those long, awkward honing steels.

Related to Using Pampered Chef Knives on Other Blades: Answers Here

1. Can I use Pampered Chef knives on other types of blades?

Yes, Pampered Chef knives are designed to be versatile and can be used on a variety of blades.

2. Will using Pampered Chef knives on other blades damage the knives?

No, Pampered Chef knives are made with high-quality materials and are durable enough to be used on other blades without damage.

3. Are there any precautions I should take when using Pampered Chef knives on other blades?

It is recommended to always use caution and proper technique when using any type of knife, including Pampered Chef knives.

4. Are there any types of blades that should not be used with Pampered Chef knives?

Pampered Chef knives are not designed to be used on serrated or electric knives.

5. Can I sharpen other blades with a Pampered Chef knife sharpener?

Yes, the Pampered Chef knife sharpener can be used to sharpen other types of blades, but it is recommended to always follow the instructions for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
kam
  • BarbFlan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein