1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Using iron-on transfers

1. I have a vendors booth event coming up and I have a lot of ideas I'm going to use, which I gathered from this site (loving cs by the way). But because I am relatively new to TPC I don't have a lot of the extra stuff and no money to invest, at this time, into them. So, I had an idea of using iron-on transfers to make some of the extra stuff that I need. For instance, I have a plain table cloth that I could add TPC logo to by using the iron-on transfers. But I'm not sure that it's allowed through the policies. I know it says we can only purchase licensed apparel and logo items through Merrill, but then again we do have permission to download the logo and using it.

Does anyone know if this is acceptable? Your thought are greatly appreciated!

Tiffany

Jun 11, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I'm thinking it is acceptable, however you want to make sure it looks professional.

I when I do a booth, I don't worry about having a logo on my table cloth. I don't take a table cloth with me to shows.

3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Yes, it is acceptable to create items for your personal use. We are not allowed to create products for sale to other consultants.

Jun 11, 2009
  4. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

I think if you are advertising the Company in a professional manner that is up to PC's standards and not tacky looking, it's not anything to worry about.

Jun 11, 2009
  5. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I think most people don't notice the tablecloth really! I did several booths last year and didn't use a tablecloth on most of the tables I used. It was just something to "flap around" if I was outside.

Jun 11, 2009
  6. jcsmilez

jcsmilez Advanced Member Gold Member

My former director has had success in using iron on transfers to put her business card on the reusable grocery bags. It looks pretty good! With that though, be careful because leaving the iron on too long will burn the bag!

If you don't have a sign for your booth you may consider putting the logo on a table cloth, but I don't think people notice it that much. When you have the money, invest in a sign. In the mean time, your apron is a handy dandy advertising money, recipe card, drawing slip holder!

Jun 11, 2009
  7. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I agree with Tristen. Wear your apron, or invest in a logo shirt. When you can afford a tablecloth, buy one, but don't worry about it too much.

The key to a successful booth is to get the attention of people walking by, and make them want to talk to you. Some will get excited by seeing the PC logo, but most will only approach the table if you engage them (such as "Would you like to enter a drawing for free Pampered Chef product?" or "Have you seen the beautiful new Bamboo items from The Pampered Chef?"). Don't just sit there (in fact, don't sit at all!!!!), and hope they come to you. I've been to lots of fairs in the past year, and seen lots of people who just sit behind their table, and wonder why they didn't sell a thing, while I'm getting lots of traffic.

Jun 11, 2009
  8. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I totally agree with you! I never sit, I usually bury my chair, so it's not even an option and I don't stand behind my table either, I'm usually out front of the table talking to people and handing out recipe cards and stuff. Makes a huge difference! You are usually tired at the end of the day, but much more successful! And definitely wear your apron, people really recognize that, and it is handy to put stuff in like the previous poster said!

Jun 12, 2009
Have something to add?