• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Iron-On Transfers for My Vendors Booth Event?

In summary, using iron-on transfers to add a logo to a table cloth is acceptable, but be sure it looks professional.
msunn1973
I have a vendors booth event coming up and I have a lot of ideas I'm going to use, which I gathered from this site (loving cs by the way). But because I am relatively new to TPC I don't have a lot of the extra stuff and no money to invest, at this time, into them. So, I had an idea of using iron-on transfers to make some of the extra stuff that I need. For instance, I have a plain table cloth that I could add TPC logo to by using the iron-on transfers. But I'm not sure that it's allowed through the policies. I know it says we can only purchase licensed apparel and logo items through Merrill, but then again we do have permission to download the logo and using it.

Does anyone know if this is acceptable? Your thought are greatly appreciated!

Tiffany

I'm thinking it is acceptable, however you want to make sure it looks professional. I when I do a booth, I don't worry about having a logo on my table cloth. I don't take a table cloth with me to shows.

Yes, it is acceptable to create items for your personal use. We are not allowed to create products for sale to other consultants.

I think if you are advertising the Company in a professional manner that is up to PC's standards and not tacky looking, it's not anything to worry about.

I think most people don't notice the tablecloth really! I did several booths last year and didn't use a tablecloth on most of the tables I used. It was just something to "flap around" if I was outside.

My former director has had success in using iron on transfers to put her business card on the reusable grocery bags. It looks pretty good! With that though, be careful because leaving the iron on too long will burn the bag! If you don't have a sign for your booth you may consider putting the logo on a table cloth, but I don't think people notice it that much. When you have the money, invest in a sign. In the mean time, your apron is a handy dandy advertising money, recipe card, drawing slip holder!

I agree with Tristen. Wear your apron, or invest in a logo shirt. When you can afford a tablecloth, buy one, but don't worry about it too much.

The key to a successful booth is to get the attention of people walking by, and make them want to talk to you. Some will get excited by seeing the PC logo, but most will only approach the table if you engage them (such as "Would you like to enter a drawing for free Pampered Chef product?" or "Have you seen the beautiful new Bamboo items from The Pampered Chef?"). Don't just sit there (in fact, don't sit at all!!!!), and hope they come to you. I've been to lots of fairs in the past year, and seen lots of people who just sit behind their table, and wonder why they didn't sell a thing, while I'm getting lots of traffic.

pampchefsarah said:
I agree with Tristen. Wear your apron, or invest in a logo shirt. When you can afford a tablecloth, buy one, but don't worry about it too much.

The key to a successful booth is to get the attention of people walking by, and make them want to talk to you. Some will get excited by seeing the PC logo, but most will only approach the table if you engage them (such as "Would you like to enter a drawing for free Pampered Chef product?" or "Have you seen the beautiful new Bamboo items from The Pampered Chef?"). Don't just sit there (in fact, don't sit at all!!!!), and hope they come to you. I've been to lots of fairs in the past year, and seen lots of people who just sit behind their table, and wonder why they didn't sell a thing, while I'm getting lots of traffic.

I totally agree with you! I never sit, I usually bury my chair, so it's not even an option and I don't stand behind my table either, I'm usually out front of the table talking to people and handing out recipe cards and stuff. Makes a huge difference! You are usually tired at the end of the day, but much more successful! And definitely wear your apron, people really recognize that, and it is handy to put stuff in like the previous poster said!

1. How do I use iron-on transfers on different materials?

Iron-on transfers can be used on a variety of materials such as cotton, polyester, and denim. It is important to make sure that the material is suitable for ironing before applying the transfer. To use iron-on transfers, simply place the transfer sheet with the design facing down onto the fabric, then use a hot iron to press down firmly for about 30 seconds. Once the transfer has cooled down, peel off the backing paper to reveal your design.

2. Can I wash items with iron-on transfers?

Yes, items with iron-on transfers can be washed. However, it is recommended to hand wash the item or use a gentle cycle in the washing machine. Turn the item inside out before washing and avoid using bleach or fabric softener as it can damage the transfer. For best results, air dry the item or use a low heat setting on the dryer.

3. Can iron-on transfers be used on dark fabrics?

Yes, iron-on transfers can be used on dark fabrics. However, it is recommended to use a transfer specifically designed for dark fabrics to ensure the design shows up clearly. These transfers have a white or colored base that will prevent the design from blending in with the dark fabric.

4. Can I use an iron-on transfer more than once?

No, iron-on transfers are designed for one-time use only. Once the transfer has been applied to the fabric, it cannot be removed and reapplied. It is important to carefully position the transfer before ironing to avoid any mistakes.

5. How can I prevent the iron-on transfer from peeling off?

To prevent the transfer from peeling off, make sure to follow the instructions carefully when applying it. Use a hot iron and apply even pressure when pressing down. Additionally, avoid washing the item in hot water or using high heat when ironing the transfer. This will help to ensure the transfer stays in place for a longer period of time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Heather8345
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies