• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Thermometer Game: Discover the New Pocket Thermometer!

In summary, the new thermometer is different than the one we had before. The dial is in a different place on the thermometer, and the PC logo is in a different place on the dial. The current one has a battery, and the old one was DW safe.
cochef
Gold Member
How is this different than the one we used to have that looks just like it. Trying to justify buying yet another thermometer :eek:

It is the same as the one we had before. ...except that the PC logo is in a different place on the dial.

I am going to miss the current one :(.

I love the digital one. It seems to be they're going backward with this one. Maybe they had a lot issues with the digital; mine works great, though!

pkd09 said:
I am going to miss the current one :(.
I ordered an extra one for me...I cannot stand the dial ones. They are too slow. Never had any problems with mine either!

Agreed...I think they are going backwards on this one too.

I'm excited they're "going backwards." DH broke my 2nd digital one. I had a potential host have hers not work after a month or so, complaining that buying new batteries (not the problem) then postage to send it back to PC is a lot of money for a thermometer. I used my mother's old one at her house in June and was wishing we still had that one. It gave a faster reading than the digital one.

I had 2 digital ones and they took forever to get a read and then sometimes they wouldn't turn off/on. I found myself reaching for the old dial one time and time again. Was the old dial one dishwasher safe like the new one is?

Maybe they went backward until they can improve (or replace) the digital one so that it doesn't come apart.

babywings76 said:
I had 2 digital ones and they took forever to get a read and then sometimes they wouldn't turn off/on. I found myself reaching for the old dial one time and time again.

Was the old dial one dishwasher safe like the new one is?

I too have "issues" w/digital one.... Also wondered the same thing w/old one DW safe!???:confused:

Yes. The old one was DW safe. I just checked it out in an old catalog.

I had a customer ask if the new thermometer is an instant read? Can anyone answer that for me?

I had problems with mine and several of my customers did, too. HO even sent me directions on how to make sure the battery was in correctly, because it kept popping out. So at least with the digital we don't have to worry about battery issues. And that happened on at least 5 customers. After that, if customers asked what I thought about that item, I suggested they not purchase it.

I don't have the new pocket thermometer. So I understand, the new pocket thermometer has a battery? That seems weird. I would not have thought that as it is
Non digital. Does anyone know if it takes a temp
Quickly? Or, does it take a while to get an accurate temp? Thx.

She was talking bout the digital thermometer's battery. The current one doesn't have a battery. I have found that it takes the temp accurately and quickly. I have the newest one and the one that we had before the digital one (they are the same) and both work great. I actually never switched. I carried the digital one to shows but it was really never used.

If anyone wants the digital I would sell my demo one and I also have one NIB. Let me know and we'll figure the price.

I had several people return their digital ones as the tops were pulled off and wires exposed. I thought they had been pretty rough with them till I did the same with my own when I was cleaning it one day. However, they were a very easy sell when I would take the temp of the room I was in at a show.

so glad they got rid of the digital one. i had 3 go bad on me... 2 the wires showed and the other one it stopped taking time after a few weeks.. love the new/old one

I will cheerfully sell my digital one to whoever wants it. The probe comes out and shows the wires. It is not dishwasher safe. It takes so long to climb to temp that my chicken, roast, etc. has cooled by the time it gets where it needs to. There is one new in box that I thought just had a faulty battery. When my second one came apart, I tried replacing the battery. No dice.I just got the new one and am so excited. Haven't had a chance to use it.

I have one new in box and one that I carried to shows (no box) but never used that I would sell if anyone is interested.

1. How is the Pocket Thermometer different from traditional thermometers?

The Pocket Thermometer is a compact and portable thermometer that can easily fit in your pocket or kitchen drawer. It also features a quick response time and an easy-to-read digital display.

2. What makes the Pocket Thermometer an essential tool for cooking?

The Pocket Thermometer ensures that your food is cooked to the perfect temperature, promoting food safety and preventing over or undercooking. It is also great for grilling, baking, and candy making.

3. Can the Pocket Thermometer be used for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, the Pocket Thermometer has a wide temperature range and can be used to measure both hot and cold foods. It can be used to check the temperature of meats, soups, sauces, and even for making homemade yogurt or cheese.

4. Is the Pocket Thermometer easy to use?

Yes, the Pocket Thermometer is incredibly easy to use. Simply insert the probe into the food and the temperature will be displayed on the digital screen within seconds. It also has a hold button to freeze the temperature reading for easy viewing.

5. Is the Pocket Thermometer durable and long-lasting?

Yes, the Pocket Thermometer is made with high-quality materials and is built to last. It also comes with a protective sheath for safe storage. With proper care and use, it can be a reliable cooking tool for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jross93
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • legacypc46
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • MissChef