• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Mini-Cheeseburgers with These Tasty Tips | Easy Recipe Ideas

I think there was about a half cup that I poured off of mine. I would definitely recommend dabbling with paper towels if you are really concerned about making a mess. There's still a significant amount of juice that comes off of the stone, so it's not like it's all gone.
casescafe
As requested, I made the mini-cheeseburgers for a show last night. After reading some of the threads here, I decided to "kick them up a notch" by seasoning the raw meat with a little "Nature's Seasoning" and a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce. The meat I used was 90% lean Ground Sirloin. Additional recipe modifications were to use only one garlic clove and a little less onion & parsley. I left the pickles off as well.

Since everyone always want so sample a PC dessert, I also made the Tiramisu Brownie Trifle.

Both recipes were huge hits!:thumbup:

Thanks for the tips John!

How did you handle pouring the grease/juice off of your stone without making a mess everywhere? That's my biggest fear with doing it as a demo recipe.

I put a "grease jar" in the sink and tipped one corner of the bar pan over the jar. I caught most of the juice, however there was a little left over in the bar pan. The leftover juice actually helped keep the 'burgers moist for their second trip in the oven... which I limited to 3 minutes.

I have not made this yet, but I'm wondering..is there that much to be poured out or can we get away with maybe paper towels instead?

Ginger428 said:
I have not made this yet, but I'm wondering..is there that much to be poured out or can we get away with maybe paper towels instead?

I was wondering that too. I guess I just need to make them! I have a ton of ground beef in my freezer, so this would be a great recipe to do! I have been afraid to try it after hearing all the feedback on here and at my cluster meeting! But, I guess I have to do it and see for myself.

chefshawna said:
I was wondering that too. I guess I just need to make them! I have a ton of ground beef in my freezer, so this would be a great recipe to do! I have been afraid to try it after hearing all the feedback on here and at my cluster meeting! But, I guess I have to do it and see for myself.

Just used all of mine yesterday for meat balls...if you make it, let me know...Thanks!;)

There's a fairly significant amount of grease. I found some even leaner beef at my local grocery (it was 94/6), and there was a LOT less to pour off. If you use something that lean, you may be able to get away with paper towels. (Of course, my definition of non-paper-towelable may be different form yours, since I was raised to NEVER use paper towels for anything - they were just there for looks.)

chefann said:
There's a fairly significant amount of grease. I found some even leaner beef at my local grocery (it was 94/6), and there was a LOT less to pour off. If you use something that lean, you may be able to get away with paper towels. (Of course, my definition of non-paper-towelable may be different form yours, since I was raised to NEVER use paper towels for anything - they were just there for looks.)

LOL...I hear ya! I was just thinking that rather than take it to the kitchen or where ever to pour it out, that maybe we could get away with just dabbing it...:rolleyes:

Even with using the very lean (90% ground sirloin) it put off a lot of JUICE...not necessarily grease. I poured mine into a container to cool, so then I could put it into the trash, since I thought it was all grease and didn't want to dump it down the drain. Once it was cooled, there was actually VERY LITTLE grease that had hardened...just juice.

I also agree that leaving a little bit of the juices ON the bar pan would help the burgers to stay really moist when you put them back in the oven. Just don't leave too much, so your buns don't sit in it and get soggy!!

There was at least a half cup that I poured off of mine...don't think paper towels would have worked very easily.

KellyTheChef said:
Even with using the very lean (90% ground sirloin) it put off a lot of JUICE...not necessarily grease. I poured mine into a container to cool, so then I could put it into the trash, since I thought it was all grease and didn't want to dump it down the drain. Once it was cooled, there was actually VERY LITTLE grease that had hardened...just juice.

I also agree that leaving a little bit of the juices ON the bar pan would help the burgers to stay really moist when you put them back in the oven. Just don't leave too much, so your buns don't sit in it and get soggy!!

There was at least a half cup that I poured off of mine...don't think paper towels would have worked very easily.

OK...Kelly, thanks for the info!

I had to look at this thread as I currently have the mini cheesburgers in the oven for our lunch today :). This is the second time I've made them (I used 90/10 ground sirloin both times) and didn't have any problems pouring the juice/grease off.My family and I love these burgers, I can't wait to do them at a show!

I can't wait to try them also...its only my DH & I, so NO WAY am I making these!!!:eek:. Maybe I'll do them for our next cluster meeting & I'll leave him with a few!

Paper towels....??? why not a microfiber towel j/k

lol...good idea, go green!! ;)

1. What ingredients do I need to make these mini-cheeseburgers?

To make these delicious mini-cheeseburgers, you will need ground beef, cheese slices, slider buns, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and your choice of condiments.

2. How do I cook the ground beef for the mini-cheeseburgers?

To cook the ground beef, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up with a spatula. Drain any excess grease and season with salt, pepper, and any desired seasonings.

3. Can I use a different type of meat for these mini-cheeseburgers?

Yes, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken for a healthier option. You can also mix in different seasonings or spices to add flavor to the meat.

4. How can I make these mini-cheeseburgers more kid-friendly?

To make these mini-cheeseburgers more kid-friendly, you can use smaller slider buns and let your kids build their own burgers with their favorite toppings. You can also use fun-shaped cookie cutters to cut the cheese slices into different shapes.

5. Can I make these mini-cheeseburgers ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the mini-cheeseburgers ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook them. You can also freeze the assembled burgers for longer storage. Just make sure to thaw them before cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies