• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlocking Business Opportunity with Engaging Activities

In summary, Sheila discussed a few activities to bring up the business opportunity, such as The Ticket Activity, Pass a tool, Door Prize Drawing Slips, Booking and Recruiting slide, and The Why Bag. She also mentioned using the DPDS method, where participants write down five questions they have about the business and the first person to finish wins a prize. Brenda shared her own method of using the recruiting slide at the beginning and the 5 question game at the end, while others suggested combining both at the end for better results. Some also mentioned using the full service checkout to promote the opportunity.
Bren706
Gold Member
During the call, Sheila discussed a few activities to bring up the business opportunity:

1. The Ticket Activity
2. Pass a tool
3. Door Prize Drawing Slips
4. Booking and Recruiting slide
5. The Why Bag

I use the DPDS. What I do is after they fill out the front part, I have them turn it over, and then when they are ready, I have them write down 5 questions they may have about the biz. First one done shouts out, and they win a prize. I then have them read their questions aloud, one by one so that I can answer them. Once those have been answered, I ask if anyone else has questions they might be curious about.

Anyone else using another activity that works for them?

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportun
Bren706 said:
During the call, Sheila discussed a few activities to bring up the business opportunity:

1. The Ticket Activity
2. Pass a tool
3. Door Prize Drawing Slips
4. Booking and Recruiting slide
5. The Why Bag

I use the DPDS. What I do is after they fill out the front part, I have them turn it over, and then when they are ready, I have them write down 5 questions they may have about the biz. First one done shouts out, and they win a prize. I then have them read their questions aloud, one by one so that I can answer them. Once those have been answered, I ask if anyone else has questions they might be curious about.

Anyone else using another activity that works for them?
I do recruiting slide at the beginning and the 5 question game you mentioned at the end.

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunBrenda, I like your method. I think I may have to try it!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunWell, last week was my first show and I almost forgot to even talk about the opportunity. At the last min I told them that we were gonna play a game for a prize. I told them to ask any question they could think of about my job. I had 10 pens left so I handed those out, and the person with the most pens won the prize...it was actually pretty successful! People were getting pretty competitve. I ran out of pens and they were still asking questions! lol...

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportun
wadesgirl said:
I do recruiting slide at the beginning and the 5 question game you mentioned at the end.

Try doing them both at the end & see if you get a better response. Most people who are just being exposed to the product for the first time will tune out the recruiting info if they know nothing about the product. After they've had a chance to see & touch it, they are more likely to listen to what you are saying. ;)

Sheila said:
Try doing them both at the end & see if you get a better response. Most people who are just being exposed to the product for the first time will tune out the recruiting info if they know nothing about the product. After they've had a chance to see & touch it, they are more likely to listen to what you are saying. ;)

Most of the time it switches around! Sometimes I forget at the beginning and just do it at the end with the booking slide.

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunI am using the slide and it is working really well for bookings but I havent had tons of success with recruit leads so I think I will start the ticket game.

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunDo you do the full service checkout too? That's where I started doing better! Asking if they were interested in learning more about being a consultant, then asking if they were interested in hosting & then giving everyone a copy of the recipe with their receipt.

More people take it when you ask if want to learn more. If you ask if they were interested in being a consultant or if they would like to sign up to be a consultant you are forcing them to make an on the spot decision. Taking home info to "learn more" is not a committment & they are more apt to agree to look at the info. ;)

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunI do the full service checkout, though it slipped my mind at some of my better shows. Just feeling rusty and out of practice, since a lot of my shows have been the book variety.Often I do the ticket game not just for recruiting questions, but any other kind of question, participation, etc. Been meaning to get that slide ...

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunI take 10 tickets with me and do the ticket game. So far it's working.

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunI've been doing the ticket game, although it doesn't seem quite so natural lately. One of the directors at our cluster mtg a few months ago shared what she has been doing.....
It would be similar to the Why bag, but is done with aprones. She has aprons to share with the guests (for some of them to wear). A green one to represent money, a pink one for HWC, A hawaiian one to represent the trips, etc. Some were PC and some weren't. I really liked the apron Idea, and would like to start doing this, but need to wait until after payday to do it.

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunI show a similar thing to the "why bag", which I took from another presentation at our banquet at Nat.Conference a couple years ago - the "I can". I took a gallon paint pan (free from Sherwin Williams - thanks, guys!) and cutout magazine eyes and the letter "I" in different colors of paper, and a couple question marks on the can. (I imagine some scrapbook folks could do far better) Inside is
-an early PC paycheck stub - $$
-a DVD - training
-a note from my upline - positive reinforcement
-a host packing slip -PC takes care of hosts and we don't pay for host items
-photos of my kiddos helping make a PC recipe with PC tools
-a photo of my wife -family time, dreams
-a teabag - makes me a more positive person "remove the T from I can't and get I can"

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunI love your ideas Scott. I use a version of the ticket game. Instead of tickets, I give "lockhart bucks" to guests which will then be used at the end of the show for an auction of small items. "Money" is given out throughout the show for asking or answering questions, finding items in the catalogs, etc. My invites (which I send for my hosts) have dollar amounts for guests to earn when they walk in the door: on time, bringing a friend, bringing canned food for the local food bank, outside order, RSVPing, joining the business. People love it.

Re: Session 2 Discussion: Which activity do you use to discuss the business opportunSigned a recruit Saturday and talked to my host who would like to join, but doesn't have the money right now.

1. What are some examples of engaging activities that can help unlock business opportunities?

Some examples of engaging activities that can help unlock business opportunities include hosting cooking demonstrations, participating in team-building exercises, attending networking events, offering free samples or trials, and creating interactive social media content.

2. How can engaging activities help grow my business?

Engaging activities can help grow your business by attracting new customers, building relationships with existing customers, increasing brand awareness, and generating positive word-of-mouth marketing. They can also boost employee morale and productivity, leading to a more efficient and successful business.

3. Do I need to spend a lot of money on engaging activities?

No, engaging activities do not have to be expensive. They can be as simple as organizing a potluck lunch with colleagues or hosting a virtual workshop. The key is to make the activity fun and interactive for participants.

4. Can engaging activities be tailored to my specific business or industry?

Absolutely! Engaging activities can and should be tailored to your specific business or industry. For example, if you are in the food industry, hosting a cooking class or food tasting event would be a great way to engage potential customers. If you are in the technology industry, organizing a hackathon or coding workshop would be more relevant.

5. How often should I incorporate engaging activities into my business strategy?

It is recommended to incorporate engaging activities into your business strategy on a regular basis, whether it be monthly, quarterly, or annually. This will keep your customers and employees engaged and interested in your business, and can also help attract new opportunities and partnerships. It's important to find a balance and not overwhelm your audience with too many activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • tlag1986
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • raebates