• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock Your Inner Chef: Learn How to Respond Confidently

In summary, Many times I put my cursor over the thread title to see what the thread is about. The first part of your post comes up...this is what it said.....In summary, you respond to people by saying you have a mini catalog and then follow up with them.
PartiesbyJamie
Silver Member
I'm looking for suggestions on how to confidently respond when someone see's my button "Discover the Chef in You ... ask me how" or my PC ribbon bag. Obviously I carry/wear this stuff to generate leads but sometimes I feel like kicking myself after I don't say what I should have said & come up with it after I leave!! So please, can we bounce around some word choices that have worked for you??
Thanks!!

I would be interested to see some of these answers too!

I could use some help in this area, too. I usually respond with "Oh! Are you familiar with Pampered Chef? Don't you just love the products?" Then I go from there, depending on what the response is. I usually get a laugh when I tell them I had to get in the business to support my habit....my PC habit. ;)

I have people ask for my card when I wear logo but there are times when I don't have a chance to get their contact info and don't hear from them. The exception was two women I met at my hairdresser's. One held a show and the other called me yesterday with an order. I need to think of a reward for my hairdresser. lol

Sorry...I just had to do this :) It's 2 am and I had caffeine last night!Many times I put my cursor over the thread title to see what the thread is about. The first part of your post comes up...this is what it said.....
PartiesbyJamie said:
I'm looking for suggestions on how to confidently respond when someone see's my butt...
It cracked me up....no pun intended :)

Last edited:
GeorgiaPeach said:
Sorry...I just had to do this :) It's 2 am and I had caffeine last night!

Many times I put my cursor over the thread title to see what the thread is about. The first part of your post comes up...this is what it said.....

It cracked me up....no pun intended :)

How funny!

RebelChef said:
"I have people ask for my card when I wear logo but there are times when I don't have a chance to get their contact info and don't hear from them."

I have been carrying my Door Prize Slips everywhere thinking that I would get them to fill that out if they wanted a catalog, but I felt really bad saying I won't give you one until I get your info (not that I would say it that way, but it still sounds that way). Last week I started saying "I'm going to do a drawing on March 1st of all of the people who have asked me about my business in public and someone will win a new Spring Product." Then they have no problem filling out that slip. The first person I had fill out the slip checked that she would be interested in hosting, so I've already gotten a Feb booking from this. I would have never flat out asked her if she wanted to book a show without this system (someone here mentioned doing it this way...thanks!).

lol Lisa! I would probably have an easier time responding to that than questions about PC. :p

Oh, good idea, Cindy! I need to remember that because I felt the same way. I have no problem asking someone I know but a stranger? I just have a hard time with it.

pamperedposey said:
How funny!

I have been carrying my Door Prize Slips everywhere thinking that I would get them to fill that out if they wanted a catalog, but I felt really bad saying I won't give you one until I get your info (not that I would say it that way, but it still sounds that way). Last week I started saying "I'm going to do a drawing on March 1st of all of the people who have asked me about my business in public and someone will win a new Spring Product." Then they have no problem filling out that slip. The first person I had fill out the slip checked that she would be interested in hosting, so I've already gotten a Feb booking from this. I would have never flat out asked her if she wanted to book a show without this system (someone here mentioned doing it this way...thanks!).

What a great idea!:thumbup:

I love the drawing slip/drawing idea! If you wanted to keep your expense really low...you could even draw for a Season's Best and mail it out to the winner.

Right now, I have a notebook and I say "I like to follow up with folks who are interested in TPC. I have a mini catalog here that I can give you, can I have your name and phone number so I can check in with you down the road?" So far, (when I have the courage to ask...why is that so flipping hard??) EVERYONE has had no problem giving me their name and number! I write that down, along with where I met them...you can add other notes at home so you "remember" who they are. That way, when you call them, you can ask them about something specific that you learned about them when you met them.

I kept a notebook (a small one) in my purse when I first started out, and whenever people asked me about it I would tell them that I just started as a consultant to help feed my habit, to meet new people and to help support my family, since I want to continue to stay home with my two-year-olds. If they showed any interest, I asked them to write down their name and email in my notebook, phone number if they'd like, too, and that I would add them to my email list. That way I can email out my monthly message to them, and if they're interested they have the option of replying. Low pressure, and it's generated a bit of interest with minimal aggravation for me. :) I love the idea of the drawing slips with info and drawing for a spring product though...might have to start doing that... :)

When people ask me about PC, my first response is now, "Are you a fan?" Yesterday I had three people ask about PC. I'll tell you about the first. I was visiting a friend in the hospital. Since I was wearing a PC sweatshirt, she asked if I sold PC. I told her I did, and asked her if she was a fan. She said yes, but she hadn't had a show in years. I took her name and number. (I didn't have any catalogs on me, and didn't have time to trek out to the van and back.) I'll call her on Monday. She said, "Good. I haven't had a show in a long time."I basically let them lead the conversation.

pamperedposey said:
How funny!

love this idea!!! thank you!! i'm going to take door prize slips with me when i go out in a few minutes!!!

I was so excited to get my newsletter yesterday that I stayed up in the bed until midnight reading (hard to believe that I even remember what said). Anyways, there is a GREAT clip in there in the sidelines that gives you words to say when you're out in public. Its on page 8 in the blue box and I love the word choices they use. I'm going to start using them! The last one is my fave!!

KellyTheChef said:
I love the drawing slip/drawing idea! If you wanted to keep your expense really low...you could even draw for a Season's Best and mail it out to the winner.

Right now, I have a notebook and I say "I like to follow up with folks who are interested in TPC. I have a mini catalog here that I can give you, can I have your name and phone number so I can check in with you down the road?" So far, (when I have the courage to ask...why is that so flipping hard??) EVERYONE has had no problem giving me their name and number! I write that down, along with where I met them...you can add other notes at home so you "remember" who they are. That way, when you call them, you can ask them about something specific that you learned about them when you met them.

I actually call each person and every person and tell them they have won a Season's Best!! I then continue the conversation and I would say 5 out of 10 times I get a booking and 3 out of 10 I get an order and I would say 1 out of 20 I get a new team member!!

Well worth the $0.60 plus postage!!!:) I sent out 3 from contacts at Leadership, airport, flight attendant etc. And I got 2 orders!!! :)

Belinda Ellsworth advises that you come up with a 30 second commercial, memorize it, and practice saying it in front of a mirror until it comes out naturally. This way when anyone asks what you do, you can give your commercial and take it from there.Back in very early December, my MIL had to have a major surgery. One night at around 10pm about 2 or 3 days after the surgery, I get a phone call from my BIL asking me to go over to the hospital as he had gotten a phone call from them asking him to come in that his mother was having some trouble and maybe a family member could calm her down. Since he lives about 45 minutes from the hospital whereas I live 5 minutes from the hospital, there was a strong possibility I could get her calmed down before he could get there. My MIL had called 911 from her hospital bed and told the operators that the nurses and techs were holding her hostage. LOLAnyway, after I got her calmed down, and my MIL would allow the nurse to come back into the room, the nurse saw my catalog bag sitting on the chair. She asks "Does someone sell PC?" Of course I told her that I do. She responded with "You're my new best friend". She is currently holding a catalog show since a cooking show would be too hard with her schedule as a night shift nurse.You never know where you are going to get those leads!

These are some great ideas!!

Someone mentioned in another thread to ask something like "When was the last time you have been to a show?" That sometimes gets the conversation going in the direction we usually want. I carry around some business-cards that I had made up at Vista (because I got them FREE!). On one side, I have my name, title, contact info (in case the person takes the card, etc, or I leave them out somewhere...you never know). And it says "Help me to better serve you! Please provide me with your name, number & Email address on the revers of this card." On the reverse, it has a neat place for them to write those items down, and they can circle Yes/no for my newsletter/Recipe club. Under that part, it says "Your privacy matters to me. This info will not be given to anyone else.".So when someone asks for a catalog, I just hand them the card and a pen and ask if they'd be so kind as to give me their contact info and if they want to be on my newsletter list, while I 'dig' in my tote for the catalog. It's enough of a stall tactic to not be so awkward I guess. But no one says no. Before, I was just using post-its stuck to the catalog...but I wanted something more professional.However- I do like that Spring Drawing idea!

1. How can I improve my cooking skills?

Unlock Your Inner Chef: Learn How to Respond Confidently is designed to help you develop your culinary abilities and build your confidence in the kitchen. Through our step-by-step lessons and hands-on practice, you will learn new techniques and gain valuable knowledge that will enhance your cooking skills.

2. Do I need any special equipment or tools to participate?

No, you do not need any special equipment or tools to participate in Unlock Your Inner Chef. Our lessons are designed to be accessible to all levels of cooks and can be completed using basic kitchen tools and equipment.

3. What types of dishes will I learn to make?

Our program covers a variety of dishes, from simple and quick meals to more complex and gourmet recipes. We focus on a range of cuisines and techniques, allowing you to expand your cooking repertoire and explore new flavors and ingredients.

4. Will I receive any materials or resources to help me practice at home?

Yes, in addition to the lessons, you will also receive downloadable materials and resources, such as recipes, cooking tips, and ingredient guides, to help you practice and improve your skills at home. We want to empower you to continue your culinary journey beyond the program.

5. Is this program suitable for beginners?

Absolutely! Unlock Your Inner Chef is designed for all levels of cooks, including beginners. Our program starts with the basics and builds upon them, making it accessible and beneficial for those just starting their cooking journey as well as more experienced cooks looking to improve their skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vogee13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef_TK
  • cookinforyou
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
cookinforyou
  • tdixon