• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Mid Month Offset on Commission

In summary, the Mid-Month Offset is the deduction of some money from your account because you've already been paid for that month.
TinasKitchen
Mid Month Offset? They deducted some money from my account. What is that all about?

If you submitted shows from the 1st-15th of the month, you get paid on the 22nd. The offset is the deduction of this amount because you've already been paid for that. HOpe that helps.:)

It wasn't deducted. Your month end statement shows all the shows for the month and all the commission. You obviously have direct deposit which means you also got a mid-month commission. For accounting purposes, the mid-month info is in the main total, but since you already have that in your account, they deducted it from the main total to put the right amount in your account.For example, you earned $100 of commission on shows submitted before the mid-month deadline. That was put into your account. Then you earned another $200 in commission for the rest of the month. Your month end commission statement shows all that you earned in the month - $300. But, they don't want to pay you twice for the mid-month commission, so they remove that amount before depositing the rest. Make sense?

At the end of the month, your commission statement reflects the entire month.
Mid-month offset it the amount of commission you received mid-month.

So let's say that by the 15th, you submitted one show for $1000. Your 20% commission on that show was $200 and you were paid for that on the 25th (that's the day here in Canada for mid-month payments, it may be different in the US)
By the end of the month, you submitted two more shows, each for $1000. So your total commissionable sales for the month is $3000. Your total commission for the month is $600 (I'm just using the base 20% for simplicity and not deducting any insurance or anything like that).
So your month-end commission statement will read
$600 commission
$200 mid-month offset (the commission you were already paid for your show before the 15th)
$400 total deposit.
Hope this helps (and makes sense...lol)

Thanks Girls.. makes perfect sense!!

Direct deposit question
cmdtrgd said:
You obviously have direct deposit which means you also got a mid-month commission.

If you don't have direct deposit, do you only get one check at the begining of the month?

Thank you In Advance,

Leticia

Yep- no direct deposit, you'll only have one payday a month.

Since it's free at most banks, it's worth looking into it. Sure is nice to have that in the account twice. :)

chefann said:
Sure is nice to have that in the account twice. :)

Hey, nice rhyme Ann! I've loved it since they added the mid month payment:)

Ha! I didn't even notice that I rhymed.

I'm getting a little stir-crazy here at work today.

TinasKitchen said:
Thanks Girls.. makes perfect sense!!

You were so smart to ask. I wondered what was happening but neither thought to ask here or call HO. On the 6th reading of the statment I finally figured it out - that was like 2 days ago.

What is commission?

Commission is a payment structure in which an employee receives a percentage of the sales they generate, rather than a set salary.

How does commission work?

Commission is typically calculated as a percentage of the total sales made by an employee. For example, if an employee has a 10% commission rate and makes $10,000 in sales, they would earn $1,000 in commission.

What are the benefits of commission?

Commission can provide motivation for employees to increase sales, as they have the potential to earn more money. It also allows for a more flexible pay structure, as employees can earn more during busy periods.

What are the drawbacks of commission?

One potential drawback of commission is that it can create a competitive and sometimes cutthroat work environment, as employees may feel pressure to outperform their colleagues. It also may not be a consistent source of income, as sales can fluctuate.

How is commission different from a salary?

Unlike a salary, which is a set amount of money paid to an employee on a regular basis, commission is based on performance and can vary from month to month. Additionally, employees on commission may have more control over their earnings, as their hard work and success can directly impact their income.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefloriray
  • krahema
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
krahema
  • jessinthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies