• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ultimate Mandoline Question....

In summary, customers have expressed love for the mandoline but have had difficulty using it over a bowl. It is recommended to fold up the stand before using it over a bowl and to use it with stainless steel bowls. Some prefer to use the Deluxe Cheese Grater for grating cheese and find it more effective. Others prefer the Microplane for grating lemon and lime zest. The Deluxe Cheese Grater is also preferred for larger hands. Some have had issues with the mandoline being an inferior product and have chosen not to include it in their demos. However, others have had success using it and recommend it for its own unique purposes.
amyv
Gold Member
I did an open house today and 2 customers said they love the mandoline except that it doesn't work over a bowl. I always use it on a cutting board, so I really didn't have an answer. It looks like it should work similar to the USG did. I told them I would check with you all and get some insight...

So, any insight?? Bear with me, I am down here online cause I couldn't take anymore if DH's snoring!!! God remind me I love the man!

It does work over a bowl - that's what the little arcs are for. They make it so it fits right over one of our batter bowls. Make sure to fold up the stand before using it like this.

thats what I thought, the one took the stand off...I think it may be the size of the bowl they are using. the specific example was grating cheese for mac and cheese...

I was told it works over the stainless bowls better. I haven't tried it. I really don't like this product. Everytime I use it at a show it feels awkward.

It does work over the stainless bowls. I just did it at a show on Saturday. Unfortunatley, the host already had sliced Swiss cheese so she gave that to me. It wasn't individually wrapped and it was a smooshed together block. It did work, but there were a lot of extra slices that wouldn't go through the grater.

If she wants to grate cheese, sell her the DCG.

I have grated cheese over the Classic Batter Bowl many times and it has worked great! If she doesn't have the Batter Bowl, maybe it's time she gets one?

I personally hate grating cheese with the UM, much rather prefer to do it with the DCG. For my show tonight, I'm using the UM for slicing the onions, tomatoes, and zucchini, but will be using the DCG for the cheese.

Debala715 said:
I personally hate grating cheese with the UM, much rather prefer to do it with the DCG. For my show tonight, I'm using the UM for slicing the onions, tomatoes, and zucchini, but will be using the DCG for the cheese.

It's funny - we all have such different preferences! I really dislike the DCG - haven't used mine since I got the UM and the Microplane.
Actually - I've broken 2 DCG, and haven't replaced the 2nd one - don't even own one anymore!

That is funny that we have such different preferences. I use the Microplane for Parmesan cheese, but use the DCG for the other forms of cheese. I tried the UM to grate cheese, and hated it. LMAO

I love the Microplane for making lemon and lime zest. I used it at a how to grate chocolate for the top of a trifle too. It was the first time I ever used the holder. I really like the Microplane, but I always use my DCG for parmesan cheese and others like it.

I favor the UM for grating cheese. It works GREAT when the cheese is put in the freezer for a little while.

I do like the Microplane as well, but it has a different use. Not a fan of the DCG. I, too, have broken one.

I really think the DCG is better suited for a larger hand, like maybe a man's hand. I feel like I really have to stretch my hand to put pressure in the correct place so I don't break the handle. They should reinforce the middle of the handle.

I'm still bitter about replacing the USG with the mandoline. I still find that it is an inferior product. I took mine to a show for the first time last week intent that I would make friends with it, and as usual it let me down. I was trying to slice pepper rings with it and it just smooshed em. I've tried two different ones dozens of times. I'm just going to leave it off of my demo list, I can't sell a product that is inferior. OH WELL :)

It's funny to me to read all this. I am CRAZY about my UM and sell them quite often. I also love the DCG and the Microplane Grater -- each serves its own purpose and I often use all three in my demos!

Related to Ultimate Mandoline Question....

What are the different blade options on the Ultimate Mandoline?

The Ultimate Mandoline offers five different blade options: straight, julienne, serrated, wavy, and French fry. Each blade can be easily switched out for different slicing and cutting tasks.

Is the Ultimate Mandoline safe to use?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline is designed with safety in mind. It features a hand guard to protect your fingers while slicing and a non-slip base for stability. However, as with any sharp tool, it is important to use caution and follow the instructions carefully.

Can the Ultimate Mandoline handle hard vegetables like carrots and potatoes?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline is designed to easily slice through a variety of fruits and vegetables, including harder ones like carrots and potatoes. It also has adjustable thickness settings for even slicing.

How do I clean the Ultimate Mandoline?

The Ultimate Mandoline is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing for best results. Use warm soapy water and a brush to remove any food particles, and be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

Does the Ultimate Mandoline come with a warranty?

Yes, the Ultimate Mandoline comes with a 3-year guarantee. If there are any defects in materials or workmanship, we will replace it free of charge. Please see our website for more details on our warranty policy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cwinter474
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chef_leeanne
  • Products and Tips
Replies