• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are All the Simple Additions Pieces Chipped Despite Intact Packaging?

In summary, the host received almost all of her products with chips. The host is concerned that her co-workers will think she is crazy.
StephanieTPC
Ok - I had a show for a good friend - where just about everyone from her show (co-workers) ordered something from Simple Additions - basically, they all decided to get a piece for another lady at work as a surprise because she and her husband are divorcing and she's living in a one bedroom apartment with nothing.

Almost *all* of the simple addition peices are chipped. I think only the large bowl and two of the small bowls are not chipped. They got her the essential set, two sets of medium bowls, two sets of medium squares and the large bowl.

The shipping boxes aren't damaged and the cardboard cartons aren't damaged - but they're all chipped!

(This is also the same host who ordered stuff for a wedding who wants to return/exchange immediately due to the wedding being canceled)

I am seriously bummed out about this. They all came over last night and were going to fill the bowls and platters with food stuff for her new apartment and we found the chips! HO will probably think I'm crazy.

Stephanie,
This is awful. Don't worry about what HO thinks. . .just get that new stuff FAST! I'm sure you were embarassed for you co-workers to see the chipped products (or if you weren't, I'm sorry to put that idea in your head ;)) I would have felt awful.

I just tell people that Pampered Chef is growing so fast that they are practically training new people everyday, and some don't know how to pack things right. It doesn't fix anything, but at least puts a positive spin on the situation!

I haven't had any chipped items but I did just have a host get the products in and her quick stir pitcher was missing. I wouldn't feel too bad except for the fact that she was so excited about getting it and was going to make something in it tonight because it was such a hot day. I don't understand how a product can be completely missed? I used to work for a distribution center picking items and if we missed something it at least went through a couple other processess that would catch any mistakes made. Why can't PC do something like that too?

Stephanie, do you have a digital camera? If you do, or can borrow one, take
pictures of each item that has chips, and send the photos in an e-mail to HO.
That may save you having to send them back for replacement. My digital has come to the rescue on several adjustments: poor glaze on a Cranberry
item; pock mark on the solid green simple addition rectangle tray; and a shattered 12" glass lid on the Professional line. The first two were received with the flaws, the lid was one year into the warranty period.
My replacement experience has been excellent. They generally arrive within one week of our getting the claim number acknowledged. Hope you are
blessed with a speedy resolution to this situation. It warns me to go check every single piece in the shipment I received today, and not just assume all is well because the first few I opened are okay. I've gotten to the point that I check every item before sorting it for pick up by my hosts. I'd rather it be me who discovers a problem than the host or her guest.

I know what you ladies are talking about! My last Host received two things she didn't order! AND She was missing the things she ACTUALLY DID order. Sheesh.

That is horrible!!
But if things are broken in shipping the guest doesn't have to send it back.
They tell us to tell them to just throw it away.
This is great, it is little to worry about(as far as returning products)...but if the wrong person gets wind of it, they could take advantage of it, and that isn't right.

I had a host who got her order and her food chopper was cracked (the 'wings' that open were cracked) PC was sending her a new one, I told her to keep the extra pieces from the cracked one in case it the new one ever broke -she wouldn't need to order replacement parts! Of course, this can't be done with SA... but I just had to share... thought it was a good idea...

missing lid....My cousin ordered the Small Micro-Cooker. Well it showed up without the lid.
This was the show she used to start her business.....way to show the newbies!!! :confused:

I know HO thought i was crazy this past week b/c i had to make so many adjustments!!! One show was missing 3 items, a lady had a warped stone, my food chopper is broke, my qsp has a crack in it, one ladies oval baker is cracked, and I have two of the executive lids that are rusted in which I have yet to call HO about!!!!

You shouldn't have to return the pieces BUT if they tell you that you have to I would just take a pic of it and send it in!!! I've had problems with SA coming in chipped...My aunt did a $1300 show in Jan. and ordered all the SA pieces...Well She got the essential set and everything was fine except for the large plate...It had a chip out of the corner...I called HO and they sent another one, well the new one has a few flaws in it but she didn't want to go through the hassle of getting a new one....The flaws are almost like the the white glaze or whatever is on it didn't cover in 3 or 4 spots no bigger than the end of a ball point pen.

I have had 2 SA squares come borken in two shows in a row. HO did good with those returns and just sent new ones out without having to return the broken ones. worked out great for one person b/c only one was broken, so, she ended up with three. but it still makes us look very bad when stuff arrives broken. and i know how excited i get knowing my stuff is coming in and then to get let down when you cannot use it emmediately!

I hate when people get so frustrated that they don't even want to return or exchange anymore. It makes me so embarressed for our company the people can't get it right!1

I just received my SS2 New Products Bonus yesterday and my chillzane was broken!! The shipping box was not damaged, so, it had to be in packing the products.

If the packing box was not damaged, it could have happened in the manufacturing of the product.

When I got my first chillzanne sectonal server is didn't have the bowl in the box at all! They couldn't just send the bowl so they had to take back the one I had and resend a new one. What a waste of postage!

I am having to send the whole thing back instead of just the top that is broken. I realize it could have happened in manufacturing, but I think these things need to be checked out when packages somehow. I have only been saling PC since May and I have already had 3 or 4 things broken when they have arrived. That does not look very good for our company. Thankfully, all of the customers it has happened to have been very understandable about it, but something like that can cause a person to not order again especially on an expensive item.

jrstephens said:
I am having to send the whole thing back instead of just the top that is broken. I realize it could have happened in manufacturing, but I think these things need to be checked out when packages somehow. I have only been saling PC since May and I have already had 3 or 4 things broken when they have arrived. That does not look very good for our company. Thankfully, all of the customers it has happened to have been very understandable about it, but something like that can cause a person to not order again especially on an expensive item.
I had a host tell me that she would never do another party with PC because of how the packages came and her show was over $800! I contacted PC with her concerns and they called her and then sent her a Pizza Cutter as a "sorry" gift.

I don't understand why they can't fix that! And it has gotten much worse lately. I don't think it's just UPS either - obviously some of it is happening while they are rushing the orders out of the warehouse.

i do not think it is UPS b/c if it was the outside of the box would look damaged. i have had one box that has been damaged but other than that the shipping box have been in perfect condition.

FyiI had a host call me today to say the Large Bar Pan and the Simple Additions Large Bowl were both smashed to pieces when she opened the box. She called HO herself and they said that they would ship her new pieces. She did not have to return the broken ones.

Beth in PA

That is good that they sent her new pieces. i wonder how they decide what has to be sent back and what doesn't!?

I had a host order the medium bar pan and when the box arrived she had the deep dish baker in the box instead (which by the way, no one ordered). I called HO and told them the mistake. They sent UPS the next day and picked up the item. A week later she received the large bar pan (not the medium she originally ordered). At that point she just didn't care anymore and kept the large one but it is embarassing when these things happen.
I have also had several pieces of simple additions and stoneware show up shattered but HO was great about those and didn't even make the hosts send them back. Got a replacement pretty fast.

I had a host get the 2 medium bowls and she called to tell me that she could hear they were broken. HO said not to return them and they were sending new ones out. When I stopped at this host's house one day to pick something up, she had the bowls sitting out for me (I guess she thought I would need to send them back) so I took them home thinking I would just throw them away myself. Well when I got home I opened the box and realized the that even though the outside bowl was broken, the one nesting inside was okay, so I got a free bowl out of the whole situation! :D

Then, get this, she called to say the the replacement bowls they sent out were broken also!:eek: After I called HO personally, I called the host back and told her to check the bowls thoroughly in case one of the bowls was still okay. Maybe she got a free bowl also!

gilliandanielle said:
That is good that they sent her new pieces. i wonder how they decide what has to be sent back and what doesn't!?
I was told that it's randomly decided by the computer.

ChefBeth2 said:
I had a host call me today to say the Large Bar Pan and the Simple Additions Large Bowl were both smashed to pieces when she opened the box. She called HO herself and they said that they would ship her new pieces. She did not have to return the broken ones.

Beth in PA

What on EARTH happened to that shipping box that would shatter the stoneware? maybe someone dropped the box? I have these terrible visions of the USPS tossing boxes into the back of a truck. :eek: LOL. I should stop reading this thread -- it's only making it worse! :D

I had a shattered Fluted Pan once. It was packed so poorly. It was up against the side of the cardboard box with ABSOLUTELY NO PADDING AT ALL. No wonder it was shattered!

PC needs to get better at packing that stuff.

In my host order for the show I recently did, one of the vegetable peelers was totally smashed. The handle was all bent and stuff. It was along with all sorts of other things that were fine, so I know it was put in there that way... this is pretty discouraging! In my Starter kit they sent black and white copies of the August special flyers for me, and they were totally unreadable! Doesn't give me a very good impression of the company if they dont' even care to make sure the flyers are right, or that what they're shipping to guests is in acceptable condition.

I understand everyone's frustration. I've needed to take care of a few damaged items myself. It's important to remember, though, that The Pampered Chef doesn't manufacture these items, and it is absolutely impossible to check each and every item. Imagine if you had to check just the items that are shipped to your customers each month. Thankfully, The Pampered Chef has a tremendous reputation for taking care of any and all problems very quickly.

I just got my supply order where the catalogs were on top of the new boxes of guacamole and chipotle ranch mixes...totally smashed!

My host called last night and one of the rectangle bakers were broken into when she got the shipment. Now that had to be some major mishandling for that thing to break as thick and heavy as it is. I called HO and they are shipping one out immediately and sending a return card for the broke one. This is the SECOND time this host has had something broken. Once as a customer and now as a host. Thankfully, she has been bery understanding about it. Things like this could loose customers! I asked HO if they could include a small gift to her as an apology for this happening to her AGAIN and they said they would. She is going to let me know what they send her.

I got a customer serice rep that spoke english and we communicated wonderfully!!

I they are trying so hard to get things out quickly that there are a lot of errors and broken things. When my supply order arrived, 100 catalogs were stacked on top of my fiesta seasoning mixes and my quacamole seasoning mixes. The boxes were all smashed! I ordered the new apron and received the old one, I did an online adjustment and they sent me another apron...the old one...I did another adjustment and finally received the new one. My rectangle platter and deep dish covered baker were both damaged when I received them. I did an adjustment and received the rectangle platter in great condition, but my deep dish covered baker arrived with scratched glaze. So, I did another adjustment and now I am waiting to see what happens. The problems seem to multiplied in the last six months or so. And, UPS...and the post office...do not handle packages carefully. They throw them around, stack them too high, etc. My packages always arrive smashed or torn. Everyone is trying to meet a deadline and good customer service is getting thrown out the window.

cmdtrgd said:
I just got my supply order where the catalogs were on top of the new boxes of guacamole and chipotle ranch mixes...totally smashed!
I had the same thing happen. I called PC about it and they sent me new ones separately this time. In a small box. Not crushed!

I do think that a lot of the times it is UPS, my UPS man is usually pretty good, but think of how many people handel the package before they do! My mom used to work for Fed-ex and they would toss stuff around all the time b/c they were so rushed. Overworked and underpaid... She told me that they did not even pay attention to the fragile and breakable stamps on the boxes. If they did it slowed down production and they would get fired. It is so sad, but I bet UPS is the same way.

1. What is the issue with the Simple Additions pieces?

The majority of the pieces are chipped or damaged.

2. How did this happen?

It is unclear how the pieces became chipped, as the shipping boxes and cardboard cartons were not damaged.

3. What pieces were affected?

Almost all of the Simple Additions pieces, including the essential set, two sets of medium bowls, two sets of medium squares, and the large bowl, were chipped.

4. Is this a common issue with Simple Additions?

It is not common for Simple Additions pieces to arrive chipped or damaged. This may have been a one-time occurrence.

5. What can be done to resolve this issue?

The host may contact the company to request a refund or exchange for the damaged pieces. The company may also be able to provide further insight into how the pieces became damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefann
  • CaribooMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • cajunchelle