• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rice Cooker Cake Recipes - Need Help Typing Them Up!

In summary, making a cake in a rice cooker is a simple and convenient process. Any type of cake mix can be used, just adjust the measurements based on your rice cooker size. The cooking time may vary, but it typically takes 45 minutes to an hour. Other desserts like brownies and cheesecake can also be made in a rice cooker. It is recommended to grease the rice cooker before pouring in the batter to prevent sticking.
whiteyteresa
Does any one have the Rice Cooker Cake recipes typed up and ready to go?

The consultants in my area will be setting up a booth at our county fair starting Monday - July 17 and I heard about these recipes. I wanted to try them before we actully made them at the fair.

I just don't have time to type them up in a recipe form.

Thanks for your help.

Here you go

Attachments

• Rice cooker cake.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 485
I Killed Pam Perchef!!!!O...M...G!! I just saw this thread and HAD to make this cake. I cleaned out my rice cooker, whipped up a red velvet cake, and made my own frosting! After 8 minutes I pulled it out, stuck a knife in it, pulled the knife out clean and dumped it out onto my celebrate plate. I spilled HOT bright red cake mix all over my clothes, floors, counters and sink. It looks like a murder took place here! I saved what I could out of the mix and am going to try again in a minute, but I had to share. DO NOT DO THIS AT A SHOW WITHOUT TRYING IT FIRST AT HOME, EVEN THEN OVERCOOK AT YOUR HOST'S HOUSE!!!!

Maybe next time! It turned out horribly. I am SO glad that this wasn't at a show!

Here is a file I have on that I give to my Rice Cooker Customers. I have never posted an attachment so I am giving it my best shot. :)

Attachments

• Rice Cooker Recipes.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 428

1. How do I make a cake in a rice cooker?

Making a cake in a rice cooker is easy and convenient. Start by preparing your favorite cake batter according to the recipe instructions. Then, pour the batter into the rice cooker and set it to the "cook" or "steam" setting. Check the cake periodically and once it is fully cooked, remove it from the rice cooker and let it cool before serving.

2. Can I use any type of cake mix for a rice cooker cake?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for a rice cooker cake. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix package and adjust the measurements accordingly based on the size of your rice cooker.

3. How long does it take to cook a cake in a rice cooker?

The cooking time for a cake in a rice cooker may vary depending on the size and model of your rice cooker. Generally, it takes about 45 minutes to an hour for a cake to cook in a standard rice cooker. However, it is important to check the cake periodically to ensure it is not overcooking.

4. Can I make other desserts besides cake in a rice cooker?

Definitely! Besides cakes, you can make a variety of desserts in a rice cooker such as brownies, pudding, and even cheesecake. Just make sure to follow the recipe instructions and adjust the cooking time as needed.

5. Do I need to grease the rice cooker before making a cake?

Yes, it is recommended to grease the rice cooker before making a cake to prevent it from sticking. You can use cooking spray or butter to grease the inner pot of the rice cooker before pouring in the cake batter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • Mizjent
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • RoseAndrews