• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Two Quick & Easy Games for a Fun Bunch: Any Suggestions?

In summary, the conversation is about planning games for a show with a large group of mainly school teachers and workers. The suggestions include playing a game where participants earn tickets for asking questions about products, host benefits, and the business, playing "Queen of the Shoppers" to get participants looking through the catalog, keeping the demo short and simple, and using name tags to gear product talks towards individuals. It is also suggested to play a game where a small item is passed around every time a certain word is said. The overall goal is to keep the attention of the group and have a fun and successful show with high sales.
cbord
These ladies are a fun bunch (mainly school teachers and workers). I would like 2 quick and easy games for the show.

Any suggestions!!!

Show sales are at $300 already, hoping for $1250 sales.

I'd keep it simple. With that large a group any game could quickly get distracting. How about giving a ticket to whoever is the first to notice whenever you say Pampered Chef? Then maybe do a 3-minute "tickets for questions":
- 1 ticket for question about a product
- 2 tickets for questions about the host benefits
- 3 tickets for questions about the business

disclaimer: I rarely do games, so this isn't offered with a lot expertise :eek:
leggy

In my experience with this size group, you will not be able to hold their attention long enough to play two games. It will probably be very noisy. This size group would be anyway, but I find teachers to be especially loud.

If you are planning an interactive demo, ask people who are interested in participating (or those who want to hear what's going on) to move closer to you and the demo. Don't try to yell over the crowd. They won't be able to hear you and you'll just get frustrated.

I suggest Queen of the Shoppers (after a VERY QUICK demo) to get them looking through the catalog. Make sure they know there is a prize (I use a Season's Best). Travel the catalog with them and you point out any products you want them to notice that are not mentioned in this game.

Remember, you're going to have 25 people go through check-out. You'll want to leave plenty of time for this so you (and they) are not stuck at the Host's home forever.

Good luck!

I would say do a fair amount of pre show prep-and a SHORT, SIMPLE demo! The quicker it is, the happier they will be that they can socialize. Remember, Fun is the key!

As a former teacher - I say you need to keep the demo short, sweet, and simple. We are used to involving our students and all that jazz...but they're probably looking to cut loose and relax for the evening. Have as much as possible done PRE-show...make the demo relatively short (hitting all the high points and highlighting the 4 major product lines), and have fun (keep them laughing too!).

One thing that might be fun is to have name tags for people - but not for their names. On each name tag right things like "always burns water", "the microwave is my best friend", "wannabe gourmet", "the only cooking I do is take out", "frozen foods are a staple in my house" etc. You get the idea. Then you can gear the demo and product talks to them. For example, with stoneware- talk about how it will help out the non-cookers (re-heating leftovers), plus the gourmets will love it too (even heating, etc)... The non-cookers will probably find they enjoy the ease of cooking with stoneware, and if they're not careful, they might find they are becoming "cookers". :) That could be fun and I guarantee they'll enjoy poking fun at each other.

If that many are willing to get together outside of school - they must all like each other and that means if you are willing to go with the flow...everyone will have a good time, which should translate into great sales!! :D

I agree - with a large group games are tough - there is a kind of game you can play - it helps keep attention - (hey the teachers might incorporate it in their teaching plans!) You start out with a small item (mini spatula or something you are giving away) You tell them that every time you say "amazing" or whatever word you choose they need to pass it to the person on the right - who ever ends up with it at the end of the demo - wins that prize - Just make sure that you say the word fairly often and when you think you are loosing the attention - say it again and someone will say Pass the item - good luck!!

PamperedDor said:
I agree - with a large group games are tough - there is a kind of game you can play - it helps keep attention - (hey the teachers might incorporate it in their teaching plans!) You start out with a small item (mini spatula or something you are giving away) You tell them that every time you say "amazing" or whatever word you choose they need to pass it to the person on the right - who ever ends up with it at the end of the demo - wins that prize - Just make sure that you say the word fairly often and when you think you are loosing the attention - say it again and someone will say Pass the item - good luck!!

Oh - this is the one "game" I have been playing - and guest really get into it. I have been using the word "incredible" - because it's a word I use alot......I've been using the small bamboo spoon set, and when someone who has them isn't paying attention, everyone else yells at them "She just said INCREDIBLE!"....it gets alot of laughs.

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - this is the one "game" I have been playing - and guest really get into it. I have been using the word "incredible" - because it's a word I use alot......I've been using the small bamboo spoon set, and when someone who has them isn't paying attention, everyone else yells at them "She just said INCREDIBLE!"....it gets alot of laughs.

EXACTLY Becky!!! Its a great attention keeper!! (my word is Amazing!!)

I agree, it is easy to get distracted with a large crowd, so keep it simple.

At my last show, I gave candy instead of tickets to people who participated. Who doesn't love Chocolate? and it shows off the Simple Additions.

Show went GREAT.Total guest orders -so far $885 with 2 more orders from attending guestcoming and about 6 more outside orders coming. The hostess goal is to reach $1100. I think her show will reach $1200-$1300.

Bookings- 1 April cooking show, 3 June coooking shows and 1 September bridal shower and possible 1 wedding registry.

The only games I did was Queens Shoppers and the Door Prize.

I enjoyed the show and I feel everyone had a good time. Keep it short-started at 6:30 and guest were walking out by 9:00. I thought that was good considered larger crowd.

I'll keep ya'll update on final total.

Sounds fun....

Congrats Charlene. Sounds like you did a fabulous show. Woo-hoo!

cbord said:
Total Bookings- 1 April cooking show, 3 June coooking shows and 1 September bridal shower and possible 1 wedding registry.

This is really good! It is not uncommon at large shows to walk away with no bookings. . .good sales but nothing on the calendar.

Great job!

Sorry- I'm out of the loop. What's "Queen's Shoppers"?

1. What are the two games included in "Two Quick & Easy Games for a Fun Bunch"?

The two games included in "Two Quick & Easy Games for a Fun Bunch" are the "Quick Pick-Up" game and the "Cooking Charades" game.

2. What supplies are needed to play these games?

The "Quick Pick-Up" game requires a set of tongs and various small objects such as beans or candies. The "Cooking Charades" game requires a deck of cards and a timer.

3. How many players can participate in these games?

Both games can be played with a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 8 players.

4. Can these games be adapted for different age groups?

Yes, these games can be adapted for different age groups by adjusting the difficulty level of the tasks or actions in the games.

5. Are these games suitable for a family gathering or a party?

Yes, these games are designed to be played with a group of people and are great for family gatherings or parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cdsparks04
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nay62